CEO Dave Smith is convinced more NRL games need to be played in front of sellout crowds — at smaller

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And by the way I didn't compare him to Gallop either, so I don't know where u got that presumption and need for comparison from.

So we can agree to disagree. Which there is nothing bad about that. But I don't have to justify to you or anyone else why I have my own opinion. If u don't like it don't read or comment on it. It really is that simple (or should be).

Last edited:
And by the way I didn't compare him to Gallop either, so I don't know where u got that presumption and need for comparison from.

So we can agree to disagree. Which there is nothing bad about that. But I don't have to justify to you or anyone else why I have my own opinion. If u don't like it don't read or comment on it. It really is that simple (or should be).

I mentioned Gallop simply because he was in charge of the NRL and now your mate Smith is. The comparison is simple, clearly & easily understandable.

And as to your opinions. Opinions that are articulated and backed up with some level of information can then be thought about & agreed upon or debated. Your so called opinions so far are merely aspersions & insults. Baseless rubbish but there you go.

Oh well Jatz, as like me u are entitled to your own baseless opinion. So there you go.

My question to you was based upon what you wrote in your post about Smith.

You could always take stock & entertain the notion that the NRL is doing many things right and that Dave Smith has already shown that he is building the foundations for growth in this sport but its your choice to respond the way you have.

Good luck.

Hey duff I don't think we have a ground to be proud of. When we have wet weather we can't even make 10k for a crowd. That's not good for a business to be so reliant on weather for income. Also the amenities and food/ is pretty frustrating. The atmosphere is the only reason I go to games. But you can't sell that to everyone. Need 15k to every game

Well a Stadium isnt the answer, the SFS got less than we did on the same we night last year.

Well a Stadium isnt the answer, the SFS got less than we did on the same we night last year.
I like to think our fans are a bit more committed than the rooters considering Allianz is an awesome ground to watch footy at (as in every place you sit you have a good view because it's well tiered) and they can't beat our crowd. Imagine how small the crowd would be with their precious fans if they had brooky. Therefore that's a base to build from. There is no doubt with some more undercover seating you would get less people with small kids abandoning their plans because its wet.

Also please I am not referring to people on this forum. I seem to get my head bitten off every time because people on here go even in the wet. I know lots of people that don't go in the wet with kids because the hill turns to mud and there is no protection. They are still manly fans, still go to games and play a part in the success of the club they just don't want the hassle of kids getting sick or whiney in the cold and wet. And undercover seating is much more expensive than general admission

I like to think our fans are a bit more committed than the rooters considering Allianz is an awesome ground to watch footy at (as in every place you sit you have a good view because it's well tiered) and they can't beat our crowd. Imagine how small the crowd would be with their precious fans if they had brooky. Therefore that's a base to build from. There is no doubt with some more undercover seating you would get less people with small kids abandoning their plans because its wet.

Also please I am not referring to people on this forum. I seem to get my head bitten off every time because people on here go even in the wet. I know lots of people that don't go in the wet with kids because the hill turns to mud and there is no protection. They are still manly fans, still go to games and play a part in the success of the club they just don't want the hassle of kids getting sick or whiney in the cold and wet. And undercover seating is much more expensive than general admission

You might like to think that but when we get a crowd of 8 thousand the grand stands are far from full.

Ignoring that, I do believe we need to increase our stands but keep the hill and cater for everyone.

How about this for an idea, put a retractable cover over the hill for rain protection.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6