CEO Dave Smith is convinced more NRL games need to be played in front of sellout crowds — at smaller

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What would a banker know about rugby league? First he tells us all clubs should play at mega stadiums. Now it's the opposite - and it took an all expense junket to the US to work it out!
He's an overpaid fool. I disliked Gallop the Undertaker, but he understood RL fans more than this bloke.

I call shenanigans. Was this in the Betoota Advocate or The Onion? As if Smith ever said any of this.

He's better than Gallop in every way. He's not a News stooge. He has no agenda against Manly like that carrnt did.
The real evil little slimy turd is Greenback. That bloke needs a kick in the bollocks. Smith just runs the business. Remember, Gallop sold the game out to his turd mate The Gynge. I'll spit on his grave before he's dead.

Oh no....how are the ref's and time keepers ever going to get it right in these tiny tiny stadiums??????

IN MY OPINION....Dave Smith is an egotistical knob, who cares nothing for the game, clubs or fans. He solely is there to make himself look good and has surrounded himself with a bunch of overpriced executives who are riding the junket with him. He might be a good finance man but he ain't a CEO.
He sprooks about dollars this week in the bank, the channel 9 deal was given to him. He talks about ratings success, yet his crowds and people watching on TV in 2014 were down.
The game is governed by fools and will continue to go backwards under his watch.
Bum refs boss, bum administrators and bum governance.
The salary cap is a farking joke and their administration of contracts and renewals is even worst. Its a circus that does not occur in any other sport that I know of.
They now own 2 clubs and are propping up 3 others.
The rich will get richer and the rest will get screwed and guess what group we are in.

Fuk Dave Smith.
(I feel better now)

Last edited:
^ You'll like him even more when he dips into his discretionary "superstar" fund so the Bunnies can pay Greg Inglis millions with no salary cap implications…

Dave Smith has no idea , An ice hockey rink is around half the size of a footy field
.Also ,he is comparing NRL venues to Madison Square garden ,which has had 1.1 billion dollars spent on it....

True, well not so much, when I saw the Nucks play in Aneheim the stadium would have been about 20 - 30k from looking at it. The rink was smaller sure but the seating didn't look like it.

At least he seems to be getting away from the idea of big stadiums

The NHL stadiums I have been in are quite vertical.Some of the "nose bleed" seats are so high up.
And because the rink is so small ,you still get a decent view from back there.

At least its a positive for brookie that he does like the atmosphere in a small stadium whether it be ice hockey or league and that brings something to there board room discussions and just some tunnel vision that all games should be played at one big stadium . We all like the hill but its all about seating and being comfortable for families these days , if anything it could help more in the funding and corporate interest that the NRL want these small but great atmosphere stadiums, and brookie being one of them

Dave Smith is an egotistical knob, who cares nothing for the game, clubs or fans. He solely is there to make himself look good and has surrounded himself with a bunch of overpriced executives who are riding the junket with him. He might be a good finance man but he ain't a CEO.
He sprooks about dollars this week in the bank, the channel 9 deal was given to him. He talks about ratings success, yet his crowds and people watching on TV in 2014 were down.
The game is governed by fools and will continue to go backwards under his watch.
Bum refs boss, bum administrators and bum governance.
The salary cap is a farking joke and their administration of contracts and renewals is even worst. Its a circus that does not occur in any other sport that I know of.
They now own 2 clubs and are propping up 3 others.
The rich will get richer and the rest will get screwed and guess what group we are in.

Fuk Dave Smith.
(I feel better now)

Its easy to seat in the cheap seats and throw cheap shots that cant be justified or compared or analysed, so I wont even attempt to draw more BS from you on anything other than your first paragraph.

Justify your stance on each point in that 1st paragraph:

* Dave Smith is an egotistical knob
* who cares nothing for the game, clubs or fans
* He solely is there to make himself look good and has surrounded himself with a bunch of overpriced executives
* he ain't a CEO

When I say justify, I mean provide some credible evidence to support your case and then compare it to Gallops track record in the role and see if we can all see where we are now going backwards in comparison.

Oh, I cant have an opinion!!!!...I don't like the knob. I don't have to like him or approve of his business dealings and results. End of story. I don't believe he is good for the game.
The 2nd paragraph is facts.
You like him, fine. ps Justify it yourself.

Fair go Frogz.
Part of having an opinion is being able to justify it. If you can't back up what you say, don't say it. Of course you are allowed to have an opinion but you can't just sling **** and tell no one why.

Sorry I have altered my post for you 2. Since when does a post have to be justified ...It is my opinion, if u don't like it justify it to yourself....FFS.....

He's better than Gallop in every way. He's not a News stooge. He has no agenda against Manly like that carrnt did.
The real evil little slimy turd is Greenback. That bloke needs a kick in the bollocks. Smith just runs the business. Remember, Gallop sold the game out to his turd mate The Gynge. I'll spit on his grave before he's dead.

Can you justify your opinion point by point.
Its easy to sit back and take pot shots that cant be justified or compared or analysed.
Please explain

Last edited:
I bumped into Dave Smith at a restaurant in the city and introduced myself as a fan of the game. He asked I attended games and who I went for. I showed him my 2 season passes for Brookie and he congratulated me on Manlys success. This was one week out from the first semi and he asked if I was going to which I replied "no because it is not at brookvale oval and my five year old boy wouldn't get back up the northern beaches till after 11pm and his mum won't allow it".
I also told him that if the semi was at Brookie I would have taken my whole family.
He seemed concerned to my plight and took down my email address and said he would send some tickets to a few of the remaining semis.

After a week of nothing in my in box I received 4 tickets to a semi. He also had a message that the NRL can't forget about supporters like me with family's that attend the game.

Don't know if maybe he was thinking of my little conversation out the front of the men's room when he and his family were enjoying watching some sport together, but I hoping I contributed to his changing of opinion on suburbia.

Is he better than Gallop I don't know? But he seems to be more proactive as a leader than reactive than Gallop was.

Time will tell as he could really bring the tribal rugby league community back with up to date surburban grounds.

I think i did explain myself as i wrote the post, Frogz.
I said i didn't like Gallop because of his news ltd alliegences and his knee jerk reactions etc, not simply that i didn't like him and everyone just has to accept it. I said i find Greenburg slimy, that is a reason to distrust someone, not simply stating that i don't like him and leaving it there.

This is not a personal attack. It's just common sense.

No you said he is better than Gallop I every way.....U haven't mentioned every way.
I said he was egotistical knob...what different to calling someone slimy and disliking them for that.

Same common sense isn't it?

The fact of the matter is its an opinion. Its one I have built up of the guy in just the same you have of Gallop and Greenturd....I think he is egotistical. I think he is a money man not a CEO and I think he has surrounded himself with over paid execs and they are all on a junket.
As for the rest of what I wrote is what I believe is occurring in our game.

Last edited:
Ok fine. I could explain why i think he's slimy but it's pretty obvious and would be boring. I'm sure you know why.
I don't know why you find Smith to be arrogant though. I mean other than the general level of arrogance that surrounds anyone of that sort of corporate level, he seems relatively calm and clear to me.

He's the business man. He's there to run the off field side of it. Greenburg is there for the on field stuff so i don't have a problem with him being new to the market or any of that which so many seem to find to be a problem.
I can't think of one thing where i thought, geez, we really could have benefited from having the goose back for that. So that means everything.
If you can think of situations where the goose handled himself better than Smith, i'd be interested to hear them. I'm just saying that anything i can think of has Gallop xoming out behind in comparison.

Sometimes it seems like there's a bit of a case of people being quick to forget the past because they're so intent on bashing the present.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2