Ch9.....5 more years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
I don't understand hating on 9 because they paid a big amount of $$$$ for a significant amount of broadcast rights. That's their business. Hate on the ARLC if you must, they are the ones who have/had the control and chose to relinquish it in exchange for a significant amount of money.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Well said sir!

Chip and Chase said:
I don't understand hating on 9 because they paid a big amount of $$$$ for a significant amount of broadcast rights. That's their business. Hate on the ARLC if you must, they are the ones who have/had the control and chose to relinquish it in exchange for a significant amount of money.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Well said sir!

I just heard an Interview with the Fox Sports guy, he said something along the lines of " with the introduction of the 13 Sunday night games there will be less of the use of the red button on your remote on Saturday nights"

SO

Unlike what I thought yesterday I'd say we will see less Saturday night games with the introduction of that new slot on Sunday night.

I just heard an Interview with the Fox Sports guy, he said something along the lines of " with the introduction of the 13 Sunday night games there will be less of the use of the red button on your remote on Saturday nights"

SO

Unlike what I thought yesterday I'd say we will see less Saturday night games with the introduction of that new slot on Sunday night.

I'm happy that they are laying cable in my street for the last three weeks, the nbn will mean that I watch all Manly games live even if I have to go "fishing in a stream" every weekend. I'm sure the stream will only get more crowded and that tool gyngal can be happy but he bought the game but he pays for it for me to watch it for free.

I'm happy that they are laying cable in my street for the last three weeks, the nbn will mean that I watch all Manly games live even if I have to go "fishing in a stream" every weekend. I'm sure the stream will only get more crowded and that tool gyngal can be happy but he bought the game but he pays for it for me to watch it for free.

manlyfan76 said:

It's the way of the future anyway, I think in 5 years we'll basically "stream" content into our TV's. And there will be "free streams" (with advertisments), and "paid streams" with none.

And sure to be plenty of "rivers" for people to fish in as well.

I just wish that tomorrow was now as I'd love to see my team playing live, on TV, on Friday nights (when it happens)....as it is now....I can't!!

manlyfan76 said:

It's the way of the future anyway, I think in 5 years we'll basically "stream" content into our TV's. And there will be "free streams" (with advertisments), and "paid streams" with none.

And sure to be plenty of "rivers" for people to fish in as well.

I just wish that tomorrow was now as I'd love to see my team playing live, on TV, on Friday nights (when it happens)....as it is now....I can't!!

Having a fixed schedule is a massive change. Fantastic for fans to plan ahead and also is a big change in the way games are thrown to the Monday night slot. The proof will be when the draw comes out but it is a great improvement. I am disappointed with the GF timing. Last year we didn't get back to the Nthn Beaches until 9.15pm so it is going to be even a longer night next year. :)

Having a fixed schedule is a massive change. Fantastic for fans to plan ahead and also is a big change in the way games are thrown to the Monday night slot. The proof will be when the draw comes out but it is a great improvement. I am disappointed with the GF timing. Last year we didn't get back to the Nthn Beaches until 9.15pm so it is going to be even a longer night next year. :)

ManlyBacker said:
Having a fixed schedule is a massive change. Fantastic for fans to plan ahead and also is a big change in the way games are thrown to the Monday night slot. The proof will be when the draw comes out but it is a great improvement. I am disappointed with the GF timing. Last year we didn't get back to the Nthn Beaches until 9.15pm so it is going to be even an longer night next year. :)

The problem is that the schedule is fixed by the broadcaster, not the NRL as it should be. So Brisbane will continue to get a massive advantage over every other club.
The NRL sold out the fans. RL has a salary cap that is supposed to even out the comp, yet the broadcaster's schedule screws up this notion.
I'm very disappointed with the outcome.

ManlyBacker said:
Having a fixed schedule is a massive change. Fantastic for fans to plan ahead and also is a big change in the way games are thrown to the Monday night slot. The proof will be when the draw comes out but it is a great improvement. I am disappointed with the GF timing. Last year we didn't get back to the Nthn Beaches until 9.15pm so it is going to be even an longer night next year. :)

The problem is that the schedule is fixed by the broadcaster, not the NRL as it should be. So Brisbane will continue to get a massive advantage over every other club.
The NRL sold out the fans. RL has a salary cap that is supposed to even out the comp, yet the broadcaster's schedule screws up this notion.
I'm very disappointed with the outcome.

Re "I don't understand hating on 9 because they paid a big amount of $$$$ for a significant amount of broadcast rights. "

If you saw Gyngells kerry packer impersonation in the press conference and his arrogant claims about owning the game you might understand.

ITs worth considering just how outrageous the advantage handed to the Broncos with the regular 7 day turnaround is. There are very few sporting competitions in the world - amateur included, that don't adhere strictly to the fundamental sporting principal of a level playing field. Without that your competition is corrupted. And that is what is occurring.

To hell with the commercial imperatives of nine, if the Broncos win the premiership with this massive advantage a lot of people, including myself will be mightily p'd off. THe AFL seem to be able to impose certain non-negotiables when putting together broadcast deals (day GF,s high quotas of live free to air etc)- the ARL just appear to be whores for the dollar sum they can wave around . Ultimately however these decisions will impact on the financial health of the game down the track.

Re "I don't understand hating on 9 because they paid a big amount of $$$$ for a significant amount of broadcast rights. "

If you saw Gyngells kerry packer impersonation in the press conference and his arrogant claims about owning the game you might understand.

ITs worth considering just how outrageous the advantage handed to the Broncos with the regular 7 day turnaround is. There are very few sporting competitions in the world - amateur included, that don't adhere strictly to the fundamental sporting principal of a level playing field. Without that your competition is corrupted. And that is what is occurring.

To hell with the commercial imperatives of nine, if the Broncos win the premiership with this massive advantage a lot of people, including myself will be mightily p'd off. THe AFL seem to be able to impose certain non-negotiables when putting together broadcast deals (day GF,s high quotas of live free to air etc)- the ARL just appear to be whores for the dollar sum they can wave around . Ultimately however these decisions will impact on the financial health of the game down the track.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6