Ch9 nrl v Royal wedding

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ha ha. Nice one. Fifi is the only one who wears tiarra's around here. For once i will now have ample time to drink beer, eat dinner then start on the bourbons before i sit down to watch two games i don't really give a **** about. :)

It's the the Principle of things, not the games and what's the bet it will be far more than an hour...and anyway I don't give a flying fig, by 9.00pm I'll be on my umpteenth beer (or wine) and could not care less....as far as I am concerned the whole Monarcy thing can go take a flying jump as soon as Australia ****s off the Queen and her cohorts the better!!

Garts has been spotted going to find a nice bottle of red wine to accompany him during his viewing of the wedding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiXQHBeC2dI&feature=player_embedded

I am over it and I won't watch anything to do with it as my silent protest.

FMD what has this really got to do with us. Anyone and I mean anyone who can't wait to sit down and watch this drivel seriously needs to get a life.

Bring on the Republic now!!!!!!

Ralphie said:
I am over it and I won't watch anything to do with it as my silent protest.

FMD what has this really got to do with us. Anyone and I mean anyone who can't wait to sit down and watch this drivel seriously needs to get a life.

Bring on the Republic now!!!!!!

As I said Ralphie, **** the Monarchy off now!!

Look in reality they are ok....for the Pommies....but the last time I asked I am an Aussie...as a result I don't want to have a bar of them!!

AND to think we have to have our Footy taken off so this garbage can be shown on TV!!

No offence to Republicans on here but show them at least a little respect. I for one am happy to have them as our head of state as we have full control over everything anyways. When the Queen dies it is then time for us to become a republic. Until then show the woman and what she has built some respect because we wouldn't be in God's Country if it wasn't for her ancestor's stupidity

I respect the old dear Jono I really do....BUT the time to move on was about 10 years ago.

Besides when she does we'll have Charles and Camilla and the Monarchists will be saying "we have to give them a go as well".

I don't hate them, I just hate the system that sees a 2011 Australia cowtowing to the bloody Pommies!!

To be honest, it's a good chance for me to take the Mrs out for dinner, could be the last time we go for a while

Dont have that attitude Dan. Most of my mates that have kids carry on as if their life is over and can never go out at all. Then I have 1 or 2 who drag the kid out with them and they are fine.

Now I am thinking I want to out to dinner!!!!

Garts said:
Dont have that attitude Dan. Most of my mates that have kids carry on as if their life is over and can never go out at all. Then I have 1 or 2 who drag the kid out with them and they are fine.

Now I am thinking I want to out to dinner!!!!

I didn't mean it in the sense of my life is over. I meant it in the sense that the next 2 months are going to be a sleepless nightmare and I won't feel like going out, not to mention it clashing with the footy.

By and large we don't go out a whole lot these days anyway, too busy saving money for the new house and the baby

Can't be long now Dan, yes your life will change, forever, but in a lot of ways for the best...it's just the next part if your life.

**** that's a bit prophetic for a Friday arvo isn't it!!

not long. Gronk is first, in fact i expect an announcement within the next week from him!

Me 3 weeks until I have another screaming crying mess of a person in the house hahaha

Jono said:
No offence to Republicans on here but show them at least a little respect. I for one am happy to have them as our head of state as we have full control over everything anyways. When the Queen dies it is then time for us to become a republic. Until then show the woman and what she has built some respect because we wouldn't be in God's Country if it wasn't for her ancestor's stupidity

Just because I think they are irrelevant to modern Australia doesn't mean I disrespect them, but seriously, the pommie wedding over the footy is just too much to bear!!!!!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Can't be long now Dan, yes your life will change, forever, but in a lot of ways for the best...it's just the next part if your life.

s**t that's a bit prophetic for a Friday arvo isn't it!!

The next thing to look forward to is them moving out.......ahh the bliss since they left.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I respect the old dear Jono I really do....BUT the time to move on was about 10 years ago.

Besides when she does we'll have Charles and Camilla and the Monarchists will be saying "we have to give them a go as well".

I don't hate them, I just hate the system that sees a 2011 Australia cowtowing to the bloody Pommies!!

I always appreciate listening to ideas for a republican model. If I hear the right model I will vote for it. The last one wasn't good that's why it failed. Out of respect for the Queen they haven't tried again. When she passes, the referendum will occur again and, this time it will be the right model and will pass. Howard also played a role in ensuring it didn't get through but that's another story.

I honestly haven't heard one republican give me a valid reason to change our system. We run the country ourselves, we don't answer to the Queen, she takes advice from the Governor - General, an Australian. The Westminster System works, we don't want the US drawn out system.

We answer more to the UN than we do to our sovereign leader. If we cause supposed humanitarian problems with the refugees, its the UN that chastises (sp?) us, not the Queen. In the UK, the Queen takes advice from the PM, she really doesn't do much anymore.

Any changes to the way the Royal Family rules must be passed by majority of Commonwealth nations as well so we get a say in whether a Catholic can lead the Commonwealth (and the Church of England) or whether the first born being a girl gets to be queen over her little brother.

The only change I see, other than the fact we will no longer be a part of those stupid Commonwealth Games, is that the Governor - General will be called President. That isn't enough in my eyes to call for a change in the system. The system isn't broken at the moment so why should we fix it?

Oh and if anyone gets on here and says that because our system allows only 2 parties to rule means the system is broken, we use the same system as the UK. They have 3 parties and the 3rd (Liberal Democrats) have never ruled the nation on their own accord. They are currently a part of the Conservative Government which is the first time they have had any sort of power. Their system is not broken. Therefore, neither is ours. The people of our nation just decide that the 3rd choice are a bunch of idiots that don't deserve to rule....and I think 85% of this nation would agree with me on that one.

Jono said:

The point is that it only needs to be on one channel & 9 have a contract that it clashes with, so they can't do it. Yet somehow they are.
Surely the ABC could do an admirable job & only have to cancel their own shows.

I don't care about the delay, it's the principle of the matter.

And, to correct your assertion, respect must be earned. It's not simply a bi-product of ones station in life.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
I find it completely rediculous that we are being force fed this royal wedding over the live nrl, apparently ch9 are going to cut off the wedding at 8:30 right in the middle of the marriage service, it does not make any sense at all that they would do this, The nrl should have moved these friday nite games to Sat 3pm & Sunday 2pm when they announced the wedding date simple solution really instead of pissing off most nrl fans, so now we will get a game interupted by tons of ads & forget about the 2nd game

if they were televising the consumation of the marriage then I would watch it but nothing less

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4