changed my mind and everyone else should too

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Every team has luck good and bad 1996 GF Ridge held or not held? Foran hand of god in 2012 it is are you good enough to take advantage of the luck you get.

Mavin said:
Every team has luck good and bad 1996 GF Ridge held or not held? Foran hand of god in 2012 it is are you good enough to take advantage of the luck you get.
In a perfect world that would be true Mavin. These days however we are ruled by the tender ministrations of Greenberg et al. I feel the playing field today is less than level.

Moondog said:
Mavin said:
In a perfect world that would be true Mavin. These days however we are ruled by the tender ministrations of Greenberg et al. I feel the playing field today is less than level.

Yeah I'm not 1 to buy in to conspiracies. Arko used to run the game and people perceived we were the chosen ones I didn't wear it than I don't wear it now.

bazeagle said:
gotta admire Des
I don't care what happened regards his exit from Manly, he's a seriously good coach
he plays the mind games at a level up there with the great Sir Alex Ferguson ex Man U in my opinion
I don't mind 2V but in all honesty he's not in Des's class
so 100% get over yourselves who pan the guy out all the time, endlessly on these forums

I don't see the point of this thread to be honest. He is a good coach, but I don't really think that was ever in question. Just because he has proven again (making this years GF) to be a good coach, has nothing to do with the very personal hurt that a lot of supporters feel towards Des. If you have built a bridge and moved on, congratulations and well done for getting that off your chest.

Mavin said:
Moondog said:
Mavin said:

Yeah I'm not 1 to buy in to conspiracies. Arko used to run the game and people perceived we were the chosen ones I didn't wear it than I don't wear it now.
Conspiracy makes the world go round, historically speaking. I must admit , where the NRL is concerned I'm fairly paranoid. Greenbergs rise has contributed to that. I hope you're right though.

bazeagle said:
gotta admire Des
I don't care what happened regards his exit from Manly, he's a seriously good coach
he plays the mind games at a level up there with the great Sir Alex Ferguson ex Man U in my opinion
so 100% get over yourselves who pan the guy out all the time, endlessly on these forums
Looks like Baz has allowed Hasler to login using his username.

Hi Des [insert wave here]

No one here will question Des's ability to coach and get a team ready for a big match.

I can now forgive things for 2011, a lot of water under the bridge since then, but never ever forget the treachery that he did and the collateral damage that we are still dealing with.

He is permanently stained in my eyes as an Eagles great!

The dogs beat a declining storm side and an injury ravaged manly side that was unlucky to lose to them. Penrith was very ordinary too last nite.

Had the roosters beaten penrith in week 1, I am sure they would have smash the dogs by 30 last nite.

I don't rate the dogs team at all.
Bunnies will humiliate them next week.

The best 3 sides are Manly, Souths and Roosters in 2014.

The dogs beat a declining storm side and an injury ravaged manly side that was unlucky to lose to them. Penrith was very ordinary too last nite.

So is Des good?.....yeah, he's ok but not in the elite class.

Had the roosters beaten penrith in week 1, I am sure they would have smash the dogs by 30 last nite.

I don't rate the dogs team at all.
Bunnies will humiliate them next week.

The best 3 sides are Manly, Souths and Roosters in 2014.

do I admire Des....NO

I hate the bulldogs for the Des affair but not des he is a great coach and his record is undeniable.

It sucks he left it really does but man could he coach

And people reckon Manly got a favourable run when Arko ran the league! Greenturd has been in office for less than 12 months and he's gifting the Dogs an armchair ride. Des maybe a good coach but I wouldn't swap him for Tooves who is Manly through and through.

Des can coach, was it ever in question?

Funny though, about 6 weeks ago the Kennel was awash with stories about how crap a coach De$ was. He's now apparently a genius.

Des was an integral part of Manly.

He decided to leave.

He wanted to take the "feel" of Manly. The culture of Manly. The staff. The players. He tried to make out that it was all because of him. That Manly would crumble if the great Des left.

There's no doubt he is a good coach. But he is a megalomaniac of the highest order.

But after so many games at Manly, where he won premierships, made lifelong friends and earned the respect of the fans and his peers, Des traded it all for the cash at the Scumdogs. Which is his prerogative.

But he seriously didn't expect Manly to think this was going to be all ok did he ? He made a conscious choice.

So he can now take a long run of a short pier. He made his choice. No one doubts his ability. But he is a grade A a....hole. And when all is said and done, all you have are your principles and the way you conduct yourself. The man is a moral vacuum.

Is he a great coach for getting the Bulldogs to the GF, I actually think NOT.

Played the Storm when Scam Smith was at 20%, if 100% fit it would have been Storm in a canter .

Then plays Manly, down on troops, down on morale and only "just" beats us, Killer kicks the goal , we win, Reynolds penalised for offside, we win , Reynolds not offside , Snake kicks the FG, we win.

And then they play the Panthers, who played like world champions two weeks ago and like a dogs breakfast last night.

Great coach , maybe

Fire trucking lucky.....ABSOLUTELY

De$ crucified our 2011 GF celebrations and tried to destroy our club.

I would not piss on him if he was on fire!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Great coach , maybe

Your not wrong, they were also lucky to make the GF in 2012, they got there on the coattails of Ben Barba having a flukey good season.

This is a crap thread bazeagle. But you have stirred up some feeling and it is overwhelmingly nagative. Why would you presume to tell us that we should change our minds. What planet are you on that you would even perceive to know our minds. Everyone here knows Des can coach. As pointed out plenty of times not really any of us disagreed with that. The fact is he lied. He tried to steal our staff and players and no longer being in a manly shirt makes all his tv appearances and annoying idiosyncrasies reveal him for the tool he is.

bazeagle said:
gotta admire Des

To specifically answer your comments:
No, I haven't gotta and don't admire Des
I DO care about his exit from Manly and will never forgive him
No, 2V is not in Des's class - 2V is a better person, genuine and honest, which Des aint!
Will never get over him ruining our 2011 GF win and how he left.
Good coach Des may be, but that is all.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Is he a great coach for getting the Bulldogs to the GF, I actually think NOT.

Played the Storm when Scam Smith was at 20%, if 100% fit it would have been Storm in a canter .

Then plays Manly, down on troops, down on morale and only "just" beats us, Killer kicks the goal , we win, Reynolds penalised for offside, we win , Reynolds not offside , Snake kicks the FG, we win.

And then they play the Panthers, who played like world champions two weeks ago and like a dogs breakfast last night.

Great coach , maybe

De$ crucified our 2011 GF celebrations and tried to destroy our club.

I would not piss on him if he was on fire!!

I would urinate on him although I'd pick the non burning parts of him

You know, since 2007 Des Hasler coached teams have made an incredible 5 Grand Finals for (so far) two wins. I think his record speaks for itself really. The man can coach.

But what he did in 2011 following our premiership win forever changed how most Manly supporters feel about him.

He may be one of the best coaches in the game, but that doesn't mean we have to like the guy.

ALinda said:
bazeagle said:
gotta admire Des

To specifically answer your comments:
No, I haven't gotta and don't admire Des
I DO care about his exit from Manly and will never forgive him
No, 2V is not in Des's class - 2V is a better person, genuine and honest, which Des aint!
Will never get over him ruining our 2011 GF win and how he left.
Good coach Des may be, but that is all.
Im with you ALinda all the way

Des is like a family member you have had a bitter falling out with, you still love him but you just don't like him.

Brilliant coach but should never have left manly like he did.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4