Changes in 18 .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Talk about Brian Kelly having to improve to ensure his centre spot, surprises me. He's just turned 21, only a few months older than Tom T and younger than Hastings. This is his first year in the top grade. The kid is going great guns. His defence has been at least as good as Walker. He's scored 5 tries to Walkers 6. He's done some clever work at different stages of the game and some have even described him as looking a little like a young Jamie Lyon. Give the kid a break. Both Walker and Kelly are top class centres. James Roberts who seems to be the choice of some on here, is certainly outstanding. But he's also 3 years older than Kelly and though faster, I dont think he has Kelly's natural football nous. I say stick with the kid. He's holding his own and will improve, especially as a thinking footballer.

No Fluffy..... Im saying Lyons salary for 2018/19 would have been a total of $1.4m. Now we have Kelly filling that position for 320k over the equivalent time. This creates a cash positive situation for us - money that can go to the Turbos and/or other positions.

Im only going off numbers I've read in relation to salaries. They could be wrong. Truth is no one really knows but the players. As I said earlier, I have my take on it, you have yours. All good.

If you disagree with him, he probably has you on ignore anyways, so pay no mind mate.

I for one HATE all these mid year announcements , and the rumour mills going into overdrive PLUS even worse mid season transfers, regardless of situations.

IMO the NRL really has to bring a "transfer window", for me its the month immediately after the GF.......players, and managers could possibly do deals outside of this time but they should introduce massive fines for any announcement outside of the official transfer window.

Of course Greenslime is off enjoying his million dollar a year salary and corporate benefits to have the time to even think about this but I reckon most fans would be happier with that system.

I can't imagine how bad it must be for Tigers fans at present.

That said, I'd be surprised if we have exactly the same side in 2018, we will either pick up and name (or two) top tier player(s) OR we will pick up some gun youngsters ready to launch into the NRL......Brian Kelly the perfect example for 2017.

As to whether we will know much before October..........NFI!!!!!!!!!

Talk about Brian Kelly having to improve to ensure his centre spot, surprises me. He's just turned 21, only a few months older than Tom T and younger than Hastings. This is his first year in the top grade. The kid is going great guns. His defence has been at least as good as Walker. He's scored 5 tries to Walkers 6. He's done some clever work at different stages of the game and some have even described him as looking a little like a young Jamie Lyon. Give the kid a break. Both Walker and Kelly are top class centres. James Roberts who seems to be the choice of some on here, is certainly outstanding. But he's also 3 years older than Kelly and though faster, I dont think he has Kelly's natural football nous. I say stick with the kid. He's holding his own and will improve, especially as a thinking footballer.
Yeah Kelly has been really good no doubt - excellent debut season but gee i salivate at the thought of a healthy and fit Walker/Roberts pairing..now thats an exciting combo

I for one HATE all these mid year announcements , and the rumour mills going into overdrive PLUS even worse mid season transfers, regardless of situations.

IMO the NRL really has to bring a "transfer window", for me its the month immediately after the GF.......players, and managers could possibly do deals outside of this time but they should introduce massive fines for any announcement outside of the official transfer window.

Of course Greenslime is off enjoying his million dollar a year salary and corporate benefits to have the time to even think about this but I reckon most fans would be happier with that system.

I can't imagine how bad it must be for Tigers fans at present.

That said, I'd be surprised if we have exactly the same side in 2018, we will either pick up and name (or two) top tier player(s) OR we will pick up some gun youngsters ready to launch into the NRL......Brian Kelly the perfect example for 2017.

As to whether we will know much before October..........NFI!!!!!!!!!
Just annoying that whenever the gun players come up in possible moves to other clubs its always Eels, Dogs Roosters etc mentioned and never us lol That said with whispers TB could get coach of the year or be in the top few suggests player managers may have a different attitude about sending players to us as opposed to the start of the season when we were avoided like the plague as a 'no go zone' Fingers crossed!

Just annoying that whenever the gun players come up in possible moves to other clubs its always Eels, Dogs Roosters etc mentioned and never us lol That said with whispers TB could get coach of the year or be in the top few suggests player managers may have a different attitude about sending players to us as opposed to the start of the season when we were avoided like the plague as a 'no go zone' Fingers crossed!

You forgot the Bronks. Those four sides make the salary cap a joke.

The fact the Broncos (and Bennett) want James Roberts tells you that he is a serious talent because the Broncos don't waste time on crap...they don't have to worry about the salary cap so they sign the best of the best.

Roberts has been quite brilliant for the Broncos this year. Basically it's the most simple game plan in the world...bash it up in the middle (hard and fast as possible) and then throw it left to Milford or get it as quick as you possible can to James roberts on the right and watch him make something out of the space provided by the go forward.

The Broncos barely even have a set play up there at the moment. If you throw good early ball at Roberts and good early ball at Kelly, I have a fair idea where the most damage is going to come from.

Now I am not suggesting that Kelly is not a solid and impressive rookie or that I don't like him, or that I am not happy to see him forge a long career in the maroon and white. But...

If James Roberts is open to coming back to Sydney to be closer to his child then I hope we enquire. If that's at the expense of Kelly then so be it...just my opinion, I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

Imagine you are a centre and this week you have to mark Roberts...then the coach says "Roberts is out injured this week, you're marking Brian Kelly"...how would feel? Relieved I imagine.

It's not a criticism of Brian, it's just that Roberts is much scarier proposition. If we want to win competitions at Manly, we have to be ruthless. We can't just keep players because they are competent...it's the same with Winterstein; he is doing a fine job, but we could fine someone who will do it even better. The only time you keep a player because he is competent, is for depth or when the cap is stretched. If we have money, let's chase some stars.

Imagine you are a centre and this week you have to mark Roberts...then the coach says "Roberts is out injured this week, you're marking Brian Kelly"...how would feel? Relieved I imagine.

It's not a criticism of Brian, it's just that Roberts is much scarier proposition. If we want to win competitions at Manly, we have to be ruthless. We can't just keep players because they are competent...it's the same with Winterstein; he is doing a fine job, but we could fine someone who will do it even better. The only time you keep a player because he is competent, is for depth or when the cap is stretched. If we have money, let's chase some stars.
I'd be like did he get done for a pub fight again.

Roberts is a star? Stars play for there country and state don't they? We have a few stars and some in the making. A successful team is about depth.

Cant answer that question Snake. I'm not a first grade footballer. I guess I'll have to ask one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8