channel 7 -monaghan to bunnies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Excellent. Sadly the pay-out might be as high as $150,000 over three years.

Now if one fifth of that had been spent on a media manager for this year we wouldn't have been in this position in the first place .............

Good riddance Monaghan. It'll be fun reading all of your sour grapes stories.

am i tempted to start a save mona's petition on ME - just too see a) what happens
b) How long before max quotes it in his support of mona's...
No need Long Suffrin!!!!! The MSE site has gone ballistic tonight with this story and there are already petitions to management and all sorts of calls to management. :wall:

I have no problem with this decision, as long as the club has something in the wings.

If that something is anything less that Jamie Lyon I will be disappointed.

Just a few points.......

1 - That pretty much writes this year off.

2 - If the other players don't get along with him then fair enough, but what do they think?

3 - We are still short on a quality hooker, 5/8, winger and front rower for next year. Where will they come from?

4 - If Monaghan is released, the management better have a pending announcement of another major signing or I will pretty much flip my lid.

Totally agree blunty. This is a bazaar situation.

Its like a Matabele Sue and Vegas wet dream :yeah:

Those people on ME are fools.

What do they see in this bloke?

LEt's hope the club sticks to its guns this time. Otherwise there's going to be a vicious rumour that will start about Max, Monas and Public toilets.

its not about Monas.

its about the Management. This whole Monas stuff ruined our great start to the season. Just as it settles down they go offer Monas to Souths. I thought we played well on Sunday and were ready to bounce back but after this theres no chance.

This season is a write off. Dont get me wrong.. i know we were never goin to challenge for the final but it would of been nice to see us make the finals for a change and get some finals experience for the likes of Watmough and Stewart it was all looking good till this management just has the worst timing.

why offer Monas to souths now?? why cant it wait a month or when the season finishes. Why unsettle the current players now..

Maybe its okay for you guys as you dont goto all the games. but i pay and watch every game at brookie and some away games as well and i wanted us to make the finals this year and i thought we still could. Yet this is just another setback in a season of what 'could have been'.

If they dont care about the rest of the season.. maybe noone should turn upto brookie till next year..

It is untenable to have Monas at the club now to much damage has been done. I WAS a Monas fan, but you cannot have a player at the club if he isn't wanted.

Bye Monas I wish you well. I'm sure you will tear us apart next year :(

"tear us apart"" oh dear god.........enough is enough.i am finally broken.nnnnnnnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

get Sue a panadol and a nice bottle of tequila stat!

As soon as this story broke i thought "Queue Chariots of fire music"

its not about Monas.

its about the Management. This whole Monas stuff ruined our great start to the season. Just as it settles down they go offer Monas to Souths. I thought we played well on Sunday and were ready to bounce back but after this theres no chance.

This season is a write off. Dont get me wrong.. i know we were never goin to challenge for the final but it would of been nice to see us make the finals for a change and get some finals experience for the likes of Watmough and Stewart it was all looking good till this management just has the worst timing.

why offer Monas to souths now?? why cant it wait a month or when the season finishes. Why unsettle the current players now..

Maybe its okay for you guys as you dont goto all the games. but i pay and watch every game at brookie and some away games as well and i wanted us to make the finals this year and i thought we still could. Yet this is just another setback in a season of what 'could have been'.

If they dont care about the rest of the season.. maybe noone should turn upto brookie till next year..

mate, i couldn't agree any more with you :clap:

i aportion 80% of this slump on management's inability to handle signings and rumours in a professional / non-destructive way.

i am becoming sick to death of all these promises from management. I have heard every year from 1999 that we will be a premiership force in 2 years time. Not only have we not done that, we have come extremely close to getting the wooden spoon and haven't appeared in 1 meesly finals game.

you don't see the like of the bulldogs who lose their captain (last year) capitulate and turn into a circus....they go out and win the freaking comp. Now i'm not saying Manly should do that, as obviously they don't have a playing roster. But ever since 30 June it jus been nothing but rubbish dished up every week and i'm over it.

p.s. I am a big Mona's fan and hope he does stay withe club and plays 5/8th next year. I thought he did an admirable job against the cowboys seeing that he was the only attacking weapon for manly and was clearly targetted.

Manly management should have a bloody long look at the way they have haddle various situations this year as ultimately it is rocked the boat and it doesn't look like settling down any time soon :((

he will not make an iota of difference so who cares.he has been here 18 months for gods sake.what is going on with this bloke and his fans.have manly slumped this far we need to elevate this sort of player to martyrdom.as a bloke who has seen jones,fulton,eadie,randall,lyons,roberts,menzies and co bleed maroon and white i cannot and will not ever understand this part of our history.

:clap: Thank God for your comments. I thought I was the only one thinking what's the problem with Monas going :clap:

I cant believe people are still blaming management.

For **** sake, this player has been here for less than 2 years, has nto set the world alight and people talk about him like he is their child.

Let go. He is not a great half, he will NOT be a good 5/8 and would be an OK hooker.

However do you honestly see him playing alongside orford and pretending everything is peachy keen when he wants to play halfback and run in circles.

Someone eplain to him what a door is and then give him a practical demonstration of its use

i'll blame whoever i bloody well want to blame.

Management have done NOTHING to help our chances to make finals this year. Its shaping up just like the past 6 years.....a load of promises and no delivery.

if you want to blame all of manly's form on 1 player then go ahead, but he was giving all games a red hot go before management stepped in.

no management have done nothing.

*sites back and thinks, if management didnt sign BK and Kite...who did?*

Yeah and they bought Kimmorley 4 years ago. Played out well didn't it? Of course Management have done something, but buying players just doesn't give us a top 8 birth. They have to keep the place in harmony through effective management. They failed and so is our season.

I state it for you simply: If we had the ability of the Bulldogs or the Broncos in the way we deal with negotiations, signings, departures & rumours, then i can guarantee you we wouldn't be in the position we are now.

To compare the management now with that of the NE four years ago is unfair. Don't forget that players and managers leak things to the media. Do you think Cummings and co rang the Telegraph and had them come to a seven o'clock meeting a month or so ago. Where did the Hoppa crap all come from - it didn't come from Manly. The Telegraph are taking the club for a ride!!!!!

Yeah and they bought Kimmorley 4 years ago. Played out well didn't it? Of course Management have done something, but buying players just doesn't give us a top 8 birth. They have to keep the place in harmony through effective management. They failed and so is our season.

I state it for you simply: If we had the ability of the Bulldogs or the Broncos in the way we deal with negotiations, signings, departures & rumours, then i can guarantee you we wouldn't be in the position we are now.

Who bought Kimmorely?

Paul Cummings, Crusher, Des and Moore?

No I dont think so.

And as for keeping the place in harmony....watch a few past games....compare some players, compare Monas to Toovey!

bottom line is Monas is not the half we need, there will be no harmony in the side next year with orford in the spot that monas wants. and we NEEDED Orford. So what is there to do

Sign orford and drop monas, little bit of disharmony for long term gain!
os
Sign both and have a quality igning in orford turned into mush because of other players antics

Stop and think real hard about it and it becomes clear as day......Orford + Monas was never ever ever ever going to work, no matter what happened with monas signing!

Sometimes you have to make a sacrifice to make a gain. Ever heard the term "you have to spend money to make money"?
Same goes here

the bulldogs management are the benchmark.are those the blokes who were booted out of the comp 2 years ago for salary cap rorting and attempted to cover up 2 alleged rapes and allowed their players to turn up to court in thongs and sacked their legend ceo in the middle of it and are in court for sacking their legend manager and 4 life members resigned the same year and whose supporters run riot at every second game and who are still getting rid of players to fit into salary cap problems caused by the original rorts which were led by a bloke who is still being investigated by the police for his part in the liverpool council development rort.

do you mean those bulldogs.fair point.

oh yes and the same blokes who slapped a media ban on the largest selling sydney daily.would hate to leave that out-very big part of their resume.

very special comparison from you champ.

he he..... theres gold in every post when you read the whole thing. DVS you left it full of holes mate

i'm glad my opinions gave you something to whinge and moan about for a little bit. :roll: x100

Management have left a lot to be desired. But's that's just my opinion :roll:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8