Channel Nine Executives to meet today regarding Matthew Johns future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=180362.msg222543#msg222543 date=1242177247]
He isn't being sacked for breaking the law you morans, he is being sacked for alienating half the Channel 9 audience by admitting to participating in a pretty grubby group sex act (consensual or not) whilst married. Legally probably OK, morally ?.... obviously not up to Channel 9's high standards. Just remember sponsors and advertisers wield the power, if they think Matty Johns has got a whiff about him then they don't want their product tainted.

yes but my point is how long should this S**t follow him? He apologised and there was no other requirement from him. What more do you want him to do, and how long do you want foolish acts of a young man to be held against him?

How would you feel if something you did when you were young, dumb and full of cum followed you years later
[/quote]

Mate it comes with the territory, you want to be in the public eye and work in the media than you better be sure you cupboard full of skeletons is securely locked. He is happy to take the $500K a year or whatever he is on at Ch9, so he needs to accept the risk that if he farks up they are going to hang him out to dry. That's the industry, like it or not. No sympathy from me. It's like these stupid farkin footballers taking high 6 figure deals to endorse products and then whinging because they can't go out and get on the cans and get a sly heady in the toilets at a pub. You want to be high profile when it comes to earning coin, but you don't want to be high profile when it comes time to man up for behaviour that pi$$es your sponsors off. Give me a break.

The bottom line is that a woman has the right to dress like a total tart, go back to a motel with a guy, involve herself in all sorts of foreplay and then at the critical moment say no. It is not wise behaviour but the law says that No at any stage is no!. (It probably doesn't happen like that too often but that is a scenario!)

Power relationships are also an issue, which is why sex with underage people (and with the boss, teacher etc) is against protocol - there is an uneven application of power involved. People can be persuaded to agree to do things with someone in power, which may not be appropriate in the long term. (How often does the supposed consenual act become regret or worse later on?)

In the Sharks situation what was allegedly a one on one encounter become much more than that, somehow. Grey area for the courts etc (obviously no charges laid) but morally questionable. Not too many 19 year olds have the power to control events in that context - even though her being with a whole lot of footballers in the first place was not very wise.

No being wise is not an invitation to be abused.  The Johns boys, much feted by Gallop and the NRL, are two loathsome characters.  One a drug cheat, the other a bum.  Back to the coal mines for the both of them. 

Cliffy Gc link said:
this is bullS**t
the bloke didnt break the law

as for the girl playing the victim, if she didnt want to be involved why was she there and why didnt she say no.

edited by Dan for obvious reasons

You are kidding yourself if you think it was an easy situation for the women to say no

Sometimes it is not as black and whit as saying no...think of the intimidation for a 19 year old girl (by all accounts who was "young" for her age) surrounded by a group of men

I know as males it is hard to picture, but to state she could have just said no is simplistic and some what naive

Whats the bet he gets the Sam Newman treatment.  A token standing down before a glorious return and an extended contract. 

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180362.msg222607#msg222607 date=1242188139]
Whats the bet he gets the Sam Newman treatment.  A token standing down before a glorious return and an extended contract. 

Hopefully

[/quote]

Matty ... is that you?

:)

Kiwi Eagle link said:

Hopefully

[/quote]

Neanderthal

There are certain universal morals Kiwi that we all recognize.  Ummmmm...Maybe not on the South Island though.

'Do unto others as we would want done to us' is fairly universal Kiwi.  We can now all line up outside Ms Johns door and expect the go.  Or not perhaps.  Maybe Matty might object.  What happened in NZ didn't
sound like 'group sex' to me, or maybe there's another definition over there.   

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=180362.msg222618#msg222618 date=1242191367]

Hopefully

[/quote]

Neanderthal
[/quote]

typical reply from the dubbo f*ckhead

you can have your values etc but why are yours better then the next persons?

The girl in question was sprouting it at work how she shagged a bunch of footy players and if your bothered reading KE's posts earlier you would know he has insider info on this.

but oh no, yet again the all knowing cock from dubbo, the pimple on the arse of NSW knows far more than anyone else.

**** your are an aroogant dickhead sometimes, you are the watmough of these forums, some great stuff followed by some absolute dog**** and for some reason the coach loves you

Fair go Fluffster.  I'm the current Choc of this site and don't you forget it son.  Direct your vitriol at me.  I can take it.  'I'm glad it wasn't my daughter', says Ms Johns.  Forget what the NZ cop said about the 'girl'.  I can't understand why Trish would stay with the ****wite.  Having him put his pencil into her after his trips away must be very joyful.     

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180362.msg222667#msg222667 date=1242207837]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=180362.msg222618#msg222618 date=1242191367]

Hopefully

[/quote]

Neanderthal
[/quote]
and for some reason the coach loves you
[/quote]

Hes as much a part of this site as anyone else. This site was built on having a laid back atmosphere and that will never change. We are all big boys and girls and can well and truly look after ourselves.

The coach is a member as well, just with more stress involved and gives the same extension of freedom to all

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6