Channel Nine's audacious bid to stop NRL matches for more ads

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Regular ads in any regular FTA show are non-events - with the red button (one minute jump) and yellow button (10 secs) and blue button (10 seconds backwards) on the PVR, the ads are unseen.

If only I could training myself to watch footy on delay.

Rex said:
Regular ads in any regular FTA show are non-events - with the red button (one minute jump) and yellow button (10 secs) and blue button (10 seconds backwards) on the PVR, the ads are unseen.

If only I could training myself to watch footy on delay.

Yeah it`s handy , but that technology should be intergrated with the digital tuner in these new tv `s out now , should have already happend by now PVR`s been out now since 07 if nt earlier ( i worked in electrical retail for 11yrs). instead of having all these boxes around your set, they could make a tuner with a built in pvr, maybe next decade..:s

Global is right. The bottom line is the more money able to be generated through advertising during games means more $$$ in the deal.

Any bidder will be going in with 2 offers, one will be based on advertising space as it stands, the other offer will be based on increased advertising opportunites.

Its a pretty simple equation, if the NRL (and us as supporters) want more money from the deal we have to accept that there will be more commercials.

I dont mind the game being paused for the line drop outs, the piss about for that anyway. I dont even mind the NRL and TV agreeing on 6 x 30 second grabs per game. If the game popped up 8 though the channel pays more for the extra 2. I also agree with clean skinning the coverage as others have mentioned, i hate seeing the block etc slapped across the screen, That should cost more and be limited, and for god sakes shut rabbs up about shows he doesnt watch, that should cost more

clontaago said:
Any bidder will be going in with 2 offers, one will be based on advertising space as it stands, the other offer will be based on increased advertising opportunites.

Its a pretty simple equation, if the NRL (and us as supporters) want more money from the deal we have to accept that there will be more commercials.

What makes you think those 2 offers will be presented ?

Offers for this deal need to reflect 3 things:
a) properly reflect its worth unlike the lowly amount paid last time
b) the increase in ratings/profits currently generated by RL
c) be camparable to the AFL deal on a ratings/profit basis

Ive not heard of 2 options in the bid offers this time around.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2