Check out the ladder

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Byes and the tigers are making it a bit closer right now. I think the gap will start to widen over the next 5 rounds. At which point we’ll get a clearer picture of which teams are where. Penrith and Souths seem to be the better sides. Broncs have had a great draw and have really only played one away game. They also started like this last year. Based on what I’ve seen form wise we are more of a 5-8 side.

Our position on the ladder is a travesty, based on how teams have actually performed. But just the fluke of the draw. Hopefully we can get some consistency to stay in the 5-8 race. We are a long way from a top 4 side.

It's just good to be in touch and not trying to look for wins coming up or where other teams might falter. A long way to go but A) Forward tackling style is limiting HIA and B) there are backs to return who wre going to add some thrust, not to mention Schuster hasn't played more than one real game at 6 and when he did the attack hummed and only the match fitness and made the Eels look competitive.

Sorry is that too positive? Should I reign it in a bit!

Whilst I’m happy with where we are at present in reality potentially we are only one loss away from dropping back into the pack. There is a long way to go. But I am enjoying seeing us second it’s been a long time.

Manly’s form would have been no different if they had won both golden point games. Could be on 14

Whilst I’m happy with where we are at present in reality potentially we are only one loss away from dropping back into the pack. There is a long way to go. But I am enjoying seeing us second it’s been a long time.
Pretty happy to be where we are tbh, it's a tight comp and no win is assured. Really think we're a Jekyll and Hyde team no one can get a read on us. We belt teams like Melb and then struggle to put away the last placed team. It's like we're a geiger counter, the needle dips left to right with regularity. It's going to be wild ride, let's see where it takes us.

Our position on the ladder is a travesty, based on how teams have actually performed. But just the fluke of the draw. Hopefully we can get some consistency to stay in the 5-8 race. We are a long way from a top 4 side.
OK! So I guess if before Round 1 I'd said* that after 8 rounds we'd be above the Panthers, Eels, rabbits, chooks, Sharks, Storm, Cows, and Raiders, you'd have said something like ... "Meh, yeah but we're not very good"???

*which I didn't!

Okay so we're now 6th on the ladder.

We've won more games than we've lost and we're sitting higher on the ladder than the two teams that made the grand final last year.

A third of the way through the season, that's not too bad!

As always injuries have not helped and neither has the large gap in our play between our best and worst games.

Yesterday was a big disappointment but I still think we are heading in the right direction (just maybe though it is two steps forward one step back).

Giving 2 points for the bye also skews the ladder a bit.
Lucky Newcastle, missing out on ‘Wankfest in the best rugba league stadium with the worst playing surface in the world round’ up in Sub-tropical Parramatta, courtesy of the bye.

Giving 2 points for the bye also skews the ladder a bit.
I did a post on this last week and it really doesnt too much.

You need to look at average competition points per game. And things stay relatively steady

Yeah it is so tight, a couple of quick wins and we could be leading the comp, and a couple more lisses and we could be 12th.

We were missing

1. Turbo
2. Parker
3. Koula
4. Schuster

You can fake it will two of those missing but when 4 of the starting 7 in the backline are out then it’s hard to cover them missing.

I’m still quietly confident that when Parker and Koula come back we will be a much better team.

When we have a the turbo shoes on we are a very hard team to beat.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
We were missing

1. Turbo
2. Parker
3. Koula
4. Schuster

You can fake it will two of those missing but when 4 of the starting 7 in the backline are out then it’s hard to cover them missing.

I’m still quietly confident that when Parker and Koula come back we will be a much better team.

Fingers crossed Koula and Turbo back this week

We were missing

1. Turbo
2. Parker
3. Koula
4. Schuster

It really showed on the weekend how few options we had in attack when they could just focus on DCE

We were missing

1. Turbo
2. Parker
3. Koula
4. Schuster

Des had it worse end last season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8