Cherry Evans and Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I was under the impression he only wanted the release because we would not match the $ or contract length and he feared for his future.

I think he would have been VERY happy to stay if we gave him what he wanted...and he would have been worth every cent.
Warriors offer was about 600 k from recollection . Was on about 350 k at Manly and obviously still under contract . Always respect your perspective but would not think that he was worth that much more then his existing Manly contract at the time to stay . In any case then would not have been able to have retained Walker or Suli or Parker if Manly did accede to his demands . Very similar to Steve Matai "s situation some seasons before and contract amounts and when the Warriors came calling to him . No doubt reluctantly but Matai showed much better character and goodwill to honour his contract in the short term and not spit the dummy and even was given an upgrade by Manly not too long afterwards with his existing contract and some reciprocal goodwill .

I am a huge fan of DCE but id like to see him stop second guessing himself and trust his instincts. When he goes one way and then comes back the other we start to look disorganized in attack and easy to defend against.

DCE is simply not an organizer Croker to 5/8 and Walker back in the centres

With the re-signing of Suli, Des has doubled down on the Walker-DCE combination for the foreseeable future. Both are more than capable. The thing is, I look at the list of halves currently playing in the NRL that was posted above and there are a lot of barely average halves running around. In my view, the NRL is generally lacking for top quality halves and hookers.

Personally, I want to see the return of the Prodigal Son. There, I said it.

With the re-signing of Suli, Des has doubled down on the Walker-DCE combination for the foreseeable future. Both are more than capable. The thing is, I look at the list of halves currently playing in the NRL that was posted above and there are a lot of barely average halves running around. In my view, the NRL is generally lacking for top quality halves and hookers.

Personally, I want to see the return of the Prodigal Son. There, I said it.
I was thinking this too.. if he can stay on field all season we should look at him

I was thinking this too.. if he can stay on field all season we should look at him

That's a very big IF unfortunately. In 7 seasons with Manly he played 147 games, or 21 per year. Since he left he has played 54 games in just over 4 seasons, or about 11 per year.

Just having a look at the bottom of the table and the last 5 teams have something in common. Big $$ halves that been a big disappointment.
Broncos-Milf
Sharks-SJ
Dragons-Hunt
Bulldogs-Foz (injury effected but disappointing nonetheless)
Titans-Ash Taylor
Whilst some are not happy with Chez, just remember how bad it could be.
Your a “glass half full” kind a guy. Our half back and captain can’t organise the team. Doesn’t seem to be able to put a player through a gap. Can’t find the in goal with a kick for a repeat set. Can’t find one of our own wingers with a bomb but is damn good at finding the hands of opposition wingers. And time and again gets tackled in possession on the fifth. But look on the bright side: we could be paying even more for someone even worse. Will you concede the possibility that we could be paying less for someone better?

sorry to be snarky. It’s been a long day.

Our half back and captain can’t organise the team. Doesn’t seem to be able to put a player through a gap. Can’t find the in goal with a kick for a repeat set. Can’t find one of our own wingers with a bomb but is damn good at finding the hands of opposition wingers. And time and again gets tackled in possession on the fifth.
Are we talking about the current Queensland and Australian Test halfback?

I reckon DCE and Walker have stood up just fine...have looked lost at times but as the 2nd half vs Broncos showed, pivotal in the comeback...also heavily involved in the win over Roosters and the "should have won" Eels game...,personally think 2020 we need to get used to this 7 and 6 combination and it WILL deliver results...yes can improve - and will...
The long term solution will be Schuster imo, though many see him as a backrow type, his ability to throw Amazing passes would arguably be as good as any at NRL level, for now it's DCE/Walks and personally have no drama with the selection...happy for many to disagree, but Des made the call, so try argue with the Mad scientist !!

That's a very big IF unfortunately. In 7 seasons with Manly he played 147 games, or 21 per year. Since he left he has played 54 games in just over 4 seasons, or about 11 per year.

That's what happens when you take off the maroon and white superman suit for the filthy lucre!

Your a “glass half full” kind a guy. Our half back and captain can’t organise the team. Doesn’t seem to be able to put a player through a gap. Can’t find the in goal with a kick for a repeat set. Can’t find one of our own wingers with a bomb but is damn good at finding the hands of opposition wingers. And time and again gets tackled in possession on the fifth. But look on the bright side: we could be paying even more for someone even worse. Will you concede the possibility that we could be paying less for someone better?

What you have here is a good ol case of contract comfort.

Your main complaint seems to be his kicking game. All Chez needs is a second kicking option in the team and his kicking would become one of his standout attributes. As it stands he is getting poor results due to opposition teams seeing where the kick is coming from, 1 tackle in advance. I agree that on the 5th he looks rushed and without a plan on occasion but it's only because he is being asked to do too much.

Your main complaint seems to be his kicking game. All Chez needs is a second kicking option in the team and his kicking would become one of his standout attributes. As it stands he is getting poor results due to opposition teams seeing where the kick is coming from, 1 tackle in advance. I agree that on the 5th he looks rushed and without a plan on occasion but it's only because he is being asked to do too much.
I like DCE as a captain and face of the team. He looks good. He speaks well. He goes out of his way to interact with the fans. He brings kids to the ground. He is worth the money we pay him for his PR value. But he just doesn’t get the idea when it comes to playing half back. On the fifth tackle he needs to be behind the dummy half ready to take a pass and choose the point of attack. A half back that consumes as much of the salary cap as he does needs to be able to count numbers and spot weaknesses in the opposition line, and he needs the passing and kicking skills to regularly exploit those weaknesses. Watch Moses at the Eels. He’s not Joey Johns but he knows his job.

I like DCE as a captain and face of the team. He looks good. He speaks well. He goes out of his way to interact with the fans. He brings kids to the ground. He is worth the money we pay him for his PR value. But he just doesn’t get the idea when it comes to playing half back. On the fifth tackle he needs to be behind the dummy half ready to take a pass and choose the point of attack. A half back that consumes as much of the salary cap as he does needs to be able to count numbers and spot weaknesses in the opposition line, and he needs the passing and kicking skills to regularly exploit those weaknesses. Watch Moses at the Eels. He’s not Joey Johns but he knows his job.
Moses has Dylan Brown as his offsider, who has actually taken a great deal of pressure of his shoulders and allowed him to focus solely on game management.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10