Cherry-Evans waterlogged rehearsal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Before the Parra game in round 25, DCE had 22 try assists in 18 games. That’s a good effort without a regular established 5/8 alongside him. It stacked up ok to Mitch Moses who had 29 assists from 22 games and the media has been raving about how good Mitch has been this year. I’ve been happy with DCE this season

So far in his career, I can only think of 2016 and 2018 as seasons where I would like to have seen better from Chez

I wouldn’t swap him for any other half in the competition. Manly to the core, a great leader who continues to shine in the face of adversity.

He’s copped more garbage from the media/public than any other player over the past five seasons, which in itself is ludicrous, all things considered, but just gets on with the business.

He always displays a real sense of gratitude for the life he leads and the opportunities he has been afforded. Much of this is missed by people who don’t support Manly of course.

He’s the antithesis to Cameron Smith.

This Dc love fest is nauseating particularly when his right side has leaked the first tries stretching back 7 weeks now
Hasn’t that registered with anyone yet
The reality for me is simple
If Dc is going to walk the talk how about he makes sure the first try doesn’t get scored down his right side
How about for once the first try gets scored down Walkers side ?
Wow I could Imagine the hew and cry if that happened
Finally I wouldn’t be making to big a deal on my Dc take, just a bit of pragmatism and keeping it real that’s all
I still maintain we have a better spine then Souths, Raiders, and if we make the final against Easts our spine will do it our forwards are a given

This Dc love fest is nauseating particularly when his right side has leaked the first tries stretching back 7 weeks now
If Dc is going to walk the talk how about he makes sure the first try doesn’t get scored down his right side
Finally I wouldn’t be making to big a deal on my Dc take, just a bit of pragmatism and keeping it real that’s all
I still maintain we have a better spine then Souths, Raiders, and if we make the final against Easts our spine will do it our forwards are a given

Some will like him and some wont. It's ok if you hang in the other camp. I disagree that it's a love fest. It's just the way it is that we have a premier half, QLD captain and Australian halfback. Doesn't that suck? Wish we had Ben Hunt or Michael Morgan.....

I have issues that you attribute all these tries directly to DCE. You say DCE's side? So all those players on his side have no collective responsibility and it's all on DCE? Without looking at it did he miss the tackle that led to the try every time?

Chezza is a champ. An absolute undeniable work ethic. And when he walks the field after a game hi-fiving and interacting with fans after a game you can tell it's 100% genuine. Real smiles and really in the moment.
Unlike Scam Smith who walks the fence doing his fake smile - quick peasant, I'll allow you two seconds to get a selfie with the almighty me.
Definitely a Cherry fan.
Hope he has a cracker on Friday.

It has everything to do with a guy named Suli in defence. The good smart attacking teams are exploiting Suli's weakness in D.
DCE is one of the best defenders in the game

A bit harsh.

Let's not get ahead of our selves. The Bunnies have Reynolds and a better kicker in general play does not exist. We have no chance against all those Big Burgess things. Then there is the horse head factor. Zero. Zilch. The bunnies have won this game already haven't they;-)

The problem with DCE and the fans and media is a simple one.

His contract.....the size of it.

Because he's not only Manly's highest paid player, but one of the biggest earners in the NRL, everyone expects 5 Star performances every single week. And when he doesn't produce that no matter how much he busts his gut to get it done, he cops it from all comers.

I agree .I've seen others like Thurston, Cronk and Lockyer have very average to poor club games. I've also seen them do that in rep footy at times (remember, Qld wasn't always dominant like their baker's dozen golden run years). And as you said, they had the luxury of playing in teams that included the likes of Slater, Smith, 1nglis, Scott, Boyd, Webcke, Tate, Hodges etc etc who were at their peak. DCE as Qld captain and halfback this year had nowhere near the same quality of team mates to help him, yet they basically got to within 5 minutes of pulling off an upset series win mostly on the back of DCE's play.

How many here remember how dominant Wally Lewis was in rep footy in the 80s? Yet when he finally got to the big time in club football when Brisbane joined the NSWRL in 1988, he wasn't as dominant week in, week out. Sure his age and injuries had a bit to do with that, but being honest his form for both Brisbane and the Gold Coast was never what you would call great. It was a prime example that club football is very different to rep footy and that even the best players won't always get the job done. In rep footy there is [usually] top line quality all across the park....in club land that quality is reduced by about half for most sides, and Manly is no different even when we have our strongest 17 available which right now we don't, not even close.

Pretty much agree but chuck another opinion on top. The other issue i see is just the general discussion on the forum We have a thread, myth or legend. In fairness he is neither. He is a great player , but has his limitations. But its difficult talking sense when so many are starry eyed. Its possible more dudes want to boof him than chicks. Its kinda justin beiberish , and for many footy content in the conversation just isnt a requirement.

But we must be clear. I have no expectation that he play well everyweek and i doubt anyone does. What most expect is that he attempts the smart things that just take some thought as opposed to effort. Patience intead of going for the gold moment all the time costing us possesion, momentum, pressure. He is supposed to build it, not release pressure

A smart kicking game. Going into last tackle with a plan and following it, at least for a few sets, , positioning yourself to be a kick option even if only as a decoy.not being at dummy half on last, the list goes on

I would be happy for him to play like a passenger if he ticked a few of these boxes.

he plays more 1 than 7 but he isnt a 1

And then there is the contract and the fact that both turbos, both hookers, and both props probably had more imact on our season due to consistency
Maybe not api , definately not api but the other 5

And then there is the contract and the fact that both turbos, both hookers, and both props probably had more imact on our season due to consistency
For what its worth, that's not the Silvertails concensus!
DCE is (so far) rated 3rd on our MVP for 2019, behind AFB and Jake, despite missing some games.
https://silvertails.net/mvp/nrl-2019-season.6/standings
Sounds like you'd prefer a different style of half, maybe?
He certainly isn't as Cronk-like as Cronk, but on the other hand he can do things that Cronk can't. No player is perfect (although try telling @BOZO lol)

A bit harsh.
Sorry perhaps a bit over the top
For the record though
As an Offensive half Dc is the chief reason our score board keeps ticking over
that over the right shoulder off load to Elliot under pressure was just one of many examples In Sharkies game to be admired
Forward into battle we go:makeup:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8