Choc is officially retired

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He may have been a warrior for our club tough as nails for sure , but ill never forgive his bagging of our great club , and the **** he put on dce . Who leaves a club and tells mostly everyone off . Classy . Matty ballin was class , good riddance wantmore.

'The good news for Parramatta is the sum - in Watmough's case believed to be up to $2 million - won't count on the salary cap.'
what deal did he do to retire and save the squeals some salary cap

Signing him for four years when everyone knew he'd be lucky to survive two more seasons shows how stupid the Doesn'tmatta officials are. I guess they don't have to worry as the money will come from the pokies.
Money comes from insurance and is salary cap free for the cheating turds

Being a local junior I'd always hoped Choc was going to be a one team player, he gave us great service and I hope he's set up financially for the rest of his life. I just can't help but feeling that the parra move has taken the gloss of his career and in his quieter moments of reflection he'll regret that he didn't act a bit more maturely.

Pretty fair career? Are you kidding me. You are letting what happened in 2014 overshadow what was a great career.

Choc did carry on abit in 2014. But he should be remembered as one of Manlys greatest forwards, forget about the origin and test appearances. He was pound for pound one of the toughest forwards to ever wear the maroon and white.

Physically the bloke is a croc now because of the disregard he showed his body during his career at brookvale.

4 grand finals
2 premierships and a wcc
That's a mighty fine effort and you can't down play the leadership he showed when des left.

If it is over we should forget what has happened since 2014 and remember how the rough kid from Narrabeen became a dual premiership winning hero.
Normally i agree with most of the stuff you say

But to me I'll remember him as a parramatta player who tried to destroy the club

Nobody is bigger than the club even those who at one stage helped build it

Penn, Zorba and Kelly should be sending Xmas cards to the recruitment and retention committee that called Choc's bluff, and also let Gifty go. We dodged two bullets there. They were spot on with their assessment of how long Choc had left in the game.

Great player for us but he tarnished his legacy by carrying on like a tool from 2013 onwards. Our only hope is that he can still cause the Eels some salary cap drama moving forward, that would be even sweeter than them having signed him on a long term deal in the first place.

Normally i agree with most of the stuff you say

But to me I'll remember him as a parramatta player who tried to destroy the club

Nobody is bigger than the club even those who at one stage helped build it

Yeah, I'm sure Ballin, Gifty, Tooves, Hiku, Gutho et al will all give glowing endorsements to the rewards for being loyal to manly over the past two years.

Being objective, there is no doubt that Choc was a great player for us. Playing in grand final wins and being part of a great culture. To be handed a life membership as well is a recognition of his contribution.

What he did after our club generously released him when they didnt have to do so was very sad. Sad that he said some things about our club, the club that made him, stood by him and gave him a chance, that were deplorable and will always sully his legacy in the eyes of many of our fans.

The irony of his move to that place is it is likely to bite them. After all their chest beating about securing Choc that would be the ultimate egg on your face scenario for them.

He may have been a warrior for our club tough as nails for sure , but ill never forgive his bagging of our great club , and the **** he put on dce . Who leaves a club and tells mostly everyone off . Classy . Matty ballin was class , good riddance wantmore.

That is one thing I have never understood. DCE copped a lot of crap from some of the senior players because they believed that money the club was supposedly trying to save to re-sign him was what forced Gifty out. But the fact remains that the 'war chest' as it was so-called was also being saved up for Foran and it actually appeared that the club was going to offer him more money than they originally offered DCE. Yet Foran, who had become part of that player clique, never copped a thing, it was all DCE's fault (and Tooves apparently, and Quantum).

As for Choc, yes he was a warrior for Manly, but he burned a lot of bridges by the way he left. I've got no problem welcoming him back if he ever did come back. But it would be a case of forgive.....but don't forget.

Being a local junior I'd always hoped Choc was going to be a one team player, he gave us great service and I hope he's set up financially for the rest of his life. I just can't help but feeling that the parra move has taken the gloss of his career and in his quieter moments of reflection he'll regret that he didn't act a bit more maturely.

I'm sure that the $2m Parra are going to pay him will provide him some comfort in those moments.

If Choc's payout doesn't count against the Eels it's yet another farce...

Now watch for the Broncos to sign GI to a 10 year back ended contract...
Choc may get insurance payout. So, brilliant work by Choc and his management. He left Manly one year early, so in effect he was actually worth no new contract at all, yet may walk away with $2m.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2