Chooks claim that they are $100,000 under the cap.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Were the Roosters given a salary cap discount for bringing the great and wonderful OMG it's SBW back to the game? I seem to remember talk of it from NRL "power brokers" at the time. Or is it all "third party" sponsorship deals? You can bet your life he ain't playing for peanuts.
And what about the Minichello discount? No other club got one of those, either.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Were the Roosters given a salary cap discount for bringing the great and wonderful OMG it's SBW back to the game? I seem to remember talk of it from NRL "power brokers" at the time. Or is it all "third party" sponsorship deals? You can bet your life he ain't playing for peanuts.
And what about the Minichello discount? No other club got one of those, either.

The Minichiello discount is just that - $100k long service discount - but that is per club. The chooks only have one long serving player, Mini.

We have to spread our $100k between Snake, Kingy, Choc, Gifty, Matai etc
Not much of an incentive $20 - $25k over a $500k contract.

^ I thought they were also allowed to pay him less than what the salary cap auditor would value his contract at, as a one-off special. Every chance I'm wrong though:)

I am a fan of having a salary cap so long as its policed properly. Unfortunately as we know, teams have been over and got away with it, while some haven't.

Are the Rorters over the cap or under? I may sound biased but with the squad they have I find some of the figures quoted as very hard to believe. Mini is a rep player, as is Tupou, Jennings, SKD, RTS, Baloney, Piss, Maria, Cordner, $BW, Frank-Paul Nu'uausala, Guerra, Moa....and that's not counting players who's rep footy has so far only gone as far as City vs Country or the PM's XIII. That's at least 12 test or origin players in their 2014 squad. And they are $100,000 under the cap???

Granted, Tupou and Guerra only became Origin players this year, but the rest have all been long-term test or origin players, even if they haven't played rep footy for a few years. Gifty was still classed as a rep player by the NRL earlier this year even though he hasn't played reps since 2012 and isn't likely to again.

I dunno.....Roosters by name, Rorters by nature.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4