Christchurch 2 years on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seems like the poor city of Christchurch just can't catch a break!

All thoughts with the kiwi's and especially @Kiwi Eagle

I hope everyone in your family was unharmed and that you guys received no damage to your houses.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
Thanx mate

All good here, a bit further up the road they have a few issues though !! Was a pretty eerie experience though laying in bed as it shook for over 2mins

Now I know that @Kiwi Eagle is still around (thanks to @lsz) I can post this article that came out in a local ski newspaper about Christchurch.

Posted is the link to the digital edition.

No surprises that the Church is still being argued about. lol sheesh.

Anyway KE, hope all is well and the runs (cricket) are flowing!

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/christchurch-on-the-rise/Content?oid=3578066

.....I had been through Christchurch on my way to and from Antarctica numerous times in the 10 years before this great trauma befell the Garden City on New Zealand's South Island.

Through repeat visits it became a place where I felt at home, despite its great distance from my actual home.

I had my favourite spots and knew my way around the very walkable urban core that was centred on the great stone Anglican cathedral that is the city's namesake.

Thus, it was with curiosity and slight trepidation that I returned for my first look at post-earthquake Christchurch nearly six years after the disaster.

edit: Paragraphs added by ge. sheesh, what is wrong with people? @Woodsie

Last edited:
G'day mate, interesting read there and fairly accurate

City has definitely changed forever and being in amongst it probably don't really see as clearly all the changes that emerging around the place

Have recently bought a house, and the amount of hoops you have to jump through with earthquake stuff is unbelievable

Hi guys,

I was in Christchurch recently and after 3 visits I finally got some sunshine on the 4th day...even if it was blowing a gale.

It seems a lot busier than my other visits there which is excellent. The "start mall" (made up of shipping containers) is pumping with a ton of good food places and some nice kiwi made souvenirs and some nice new and shiny buildings are popping up (always the govt ones first...sigh).

That's not to say you don't walk past big buildings still boarded up but I felt people were getting on with things. We were there on the 7th anniversary of the "Canterbury Earthquake" which whilst big...wasn't the one that did massive damage (that was in feb 2011).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Canterbury_earthquake

Here are some pics:

I posted this one before but wanted to update you all with the tragic news that one of the sheep has now lost its back legs!
NzJ0NuJ.jpg

This is a more recent picture of one I posted before. It's much the same but with some extra tagging:
4b0c4Cx.jpg

2013:
tzdt0QS.jpg

The Church: Same old, same old....
Ve5eOpN.jpg

An environmental mural showing that as the ice melts...so to do the penguins.

tTzeEui.jpg

I don't know wtf this is all about...but it scares me!
a8KmtIz.jpg

Finally...sunny days and nice fountains!
B4QuBCM.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6