Clean out and recruitment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Um, players do have a say in where they go and, given our difficulty already last year in looking attractive to a number of halves plus our match fixing stench and our inability to perform this year be it through lousy coaching or mass injuries, we may well have trouble looking attractive to many top recruits.
This is my biggest concern for rebuilding to our once great club.
Pig. Lipstick.

I think 1 mil a season is a decent price for Hayne. If he wants more it would only be a a couple more 100k. It could be worked around to fit him in. We need a player that will bring spark and creativity. We need Hayne

Brilliant player no doubt and he would bring much spark to any club he plays for. But he seems to have a desire to play everything these days and seems unwilling to stick around for long. Could he become another SBW. If so chances are he would stay a year (maybe less) and would be off chasing another of his dreams. No disrespect intended. If I was with his talent I'd be trying it all. But a club's long term plans would be unlikely to suit his aspirations.

But hey I like your ideas.

We are now in the Titans and Eels predicament, we are a **** club and will have to pay massive overs for any player.

I doubt most players would even be interested in coming here regardless of money.

Would you want your 18-25 year son son coming to this club?

Actually if Tom and Jake were my kids I'd be steering them out if I could.

Recruits to look at.

Prop:
Asofa-Solomona: Doubt he will come to us.
Vaughan: Out of favour for some stupid reason, IMO one of the best props in the NRL when on.
Brown: Nathan from Souths, has aggression and a great meter eater

Second Row:
Lowe: Manly fan growing up and is a great hole runner, some thing DCE don't have
Gillet: Like Lowe a great hole runner and a workhorse

5/8:
Norman: A classy 5/8 who would help DCE run the show but will wait and see if he is done for drugs
Nikorima: Fast and would makes us have a real running 5/8

Centre:
Bowen: Quick and agile but I would rather a hit man centre to go with walkers skill and pace like Skivvi and Lyon
Lee: Not sure about him. He has a great workrate and strength but inconsistent
O'Neill: Highly doubt it but he is in good form but how he will go with out jt is unknown

Wing:
Rona: Safe in all aspects of the game and is a great finisher
Mansour: Consistently great, meter eater and safe as houses
Smith: From dogs, lanky winger safe under the highball but also awkward to tackle
Burgess: From roosters. Failing to get a spot for some reason but is a good winger IMO probably England's best and most consistent back
I would be happy with most of those recruitments.

With a good amount of cash i just hope we recruit real performers. Rep players. Not has beens or average joes.

Scott Donald, monas, Glenn hall, Robbo,
Mark bryant, Shane Rodney.
These are the type of players to recruit
In our golden era big name recruits
Ben Kennedy, ox, killer, Josh Perry.
Now bar bk ever one best footy was in front of them.

completely clearing out our whole squad is the reason why we arent playing well this year. I agree some players should leave but not proven performers such as matai, taufua, lawrence. We don't need to buy a ton of players, only a few, we need our players to have a structure and gel properly.. without major injuries. Buy javid bowen / tautau moga for the wing, with williame and ramien backup. Then buy sausao sue or solomona for lock and hopefully corey norman (quality five eighth) for #6. Then we're done.

1 Trbojevic (Williame)
2 Taufua (Parker)
3 Walker (Ramien)
4 Matai (T.Wright)
5 Bowen / Moga
6 Norman (Koroisau, or play off bench)
7 DCE (c) (Cust/Godinet)
8 Trbojevic (c) (Lussick)
9 Parcell (Pratt)
10 Myles (Meehan)
11 Buhrer (bainbridge)
12 Taupau (Kelly)
13 Sue / Asofa Solomona (Cox)

14 Knight (j.walker)
15 Fonua Blake
16 Lawrence ( how bad is his injury? he's had many.. so hopefully can play next year, if not put koroisau on the bench to play a nikorima like role)
17 Vave

Last edited:
Scott Donald, monas, Glenn hall, Robbo,
Mark bryant, Shane Rodney.
These are the type of players to recruit
In our golden era big name recruits
Ben Kennedy, ox, killer, Josh Perry.
Now bar bk ever one best footy was in front of them.

Add Kitey and Steve Bell to that list, also TRex and Wolf.

completely clearing out our whole squad is the reason why we arent playing well this year. I agree some players should leave but not proven performers such as matai, taufua, lawrence. We don't need to buy a ton of players, only a few, we need our players to have a structure and gel properly.. without major injuries. Buy javid bowen / tautau moga for the wing, with williame and ramien backup. Then buy sausao sue or solomona for lock and hopefully corey norman (quality five eighth) for #6. Then we're done.

1 Trbojevic (Williame)
2 Taufua (Parker)
3 Walker (Ramien)
4 Matai (T.Wright)
5 Bowen / Moga
6 Norman (Koroisau, or play off bench)
7 DCE (c) (Cust/Godinet)
8 Trbojevic (c) (Lussick)
9 Parcell (Pratt)
10 Myles (Meehan)
11 Buhrer (J.Walker)
12 Taupau (Kelly)
13 Sue / Asofa Solomona (Cox)

14 Knight
15 Fonua Blake
16 Lawrence ( how bad is his injury? he's had many.. so hopefully can play next year, if not put koroisau on the bench to play a nikorima like role)
17 Vave
A lot of 20s kids there .don't know what you have seen in j. Walker and t wright so far cust got a very ordinary kicking game, ramien needs to learn to pass to be first grade centre the two I like in 20s are cox and Bainbridge both solid workers.went to canberra the other day parker was well outclassed by is opposite in 17 year old Nic cotric . Liam knight should be playing second row but I have seen him play reserves and he lacks discipline giving away silly penalties early in games.

Also the club needs to look at David Fusitua. Could be one of the best finishers in the game. I'd spend big money on him if we could. He is an absolute gun.

Not sure he would be an improvement over Taufua when injury-free.

Wonder if Izzy Folau is getting sick of Rugby and the travel involved?

He'd be a nice pickup albeit an expensive one....

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6