Cleanout for 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I know this story is from a few weeks ago, but how is replacing Tartak players with Moses clients fixing the problem?

Manly’s ‘legitimate concern’ as controversial agent ‘ingrained’ in Brookvale club
In reality, it’s only Woods (who is only here for the rest of this season), Johns (who again, I believe was signed on a one year contract), Flanagan (who’s off to Saints next year) & Seibold, so it’s not as though Moses has his hooks in us like Tartak did.

In reality, it’s only Woods (who is only here for the rest of this season), Johns (who again, I believe was signed on a one year contract), Flanagan (who’s off to Saints next year) & Seibold, so it’s not as though Moses has his hooks in us like Tartak did.
Tommy Talau also managed by Moses.

I know this story is from a few weeks ago, but how is replacing Tartak players with Moses clients fixing the problem?

Manly’s ‘legitimate concern’ as controversial agent ‘ingrained’ in Brookvale club
It's not.
I reckon mestrov has probably bumped heads with tartak at some point and now is just throwing his weight around to oust him. That or penn is hell bent on the defultonisation process no matter the cost like a child. It makes no sense otherwise.

It's all about the dollars with woods. If we have him filling out the 30 at bargain basement prices that would work for me
If he did. I doubt it would be for anything more. But even still, other than an old head, doesn't really offer anything else. Just blocking someone else's opportunity for a gig

Des let him go. And Des extended Aloiai.

I thought both decisions were the height of stupidity.
Lets be honest, not a lot has really changed, ie; type of players, team performance and coaching ability, it really is a like for like from last season.

So am I right in saying we won't have the following players next season:

• L fainu
  • S fainu
  • F Myers
  • C Johns

And already moved on:

• tuitavake
  • fifita

And have signed/ re-signed:

• Arthurs
  • koula (announcement pending)

And currently unsigned for next year but not sure:

M Boyle
E Bullemor
M Harper
B Parker
K Weekes
J humphries
S Woods

So am I right in saying we won't have the following players next season:

• L fainu
  • S fainu
  • F Myers
  • C Johns

And already moved on:

• tuitavake
  • fifita

And have signed/ re-signed:

• Arthurs
  • koula (announcement pending)

And currently unsigned for next year but not sure:

M Boyle
E Bullemor
M Harper
B Parker
K Weekes
J humphries
S Woods
Most of the players on that list are ripe for being cleaned out, with the exception of the Fainus and Humphries. The only way to generate upside from releasing all these players is to bring in/up some fresh blood who:
  • Are actually good at Rugby League
  • Want to be here
  • Play with heart
  • Aren't complete knobs off the field
  • Can stay injury free more often than not
I.e. the kinds of players the Storm have built success off for the past two decades. The whole moneyball thing has not worked for us at all.

The whole moneyball thing has not worked for us at all.
If there was an attempt at moneyball, it wasn't carried out very well:

Billy Beane, the General Manager (GM) of the Oakland Athletics, explaining how to change the team during the regular season, from “Moneyball” by Michael Lewis (page 193-194 if you’re interested):
  • “No matter how successful you are, change is always good. There can never be a status quo. When you have money you can’t afford long-term solutions, only short-term ones. You have to always be upgrading. Otherwise you’re f**cked.”
  • “The day you say you have to do something, you’re screwed. Because you are going to make a bad deal. You can always recover from the player you didn’t sign. You may never recover from the player you signed at the wrong price.”

We need to finish the process we are starting and be very selective about who resign at the end of their contracts. Plenty of poor decisions made in recent years time to start making the right ones.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10