Club announcement - Matai & Stewart to Retire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
On the Sea Eagles website it says " they are working with the management of both players to give them the farewell they deserve in front of their adoring fans". I'm so glad that they are planning on doing this as they have been a very important part of our two premierships and our decade of being in the finals. We are going to miss them and they both deserve to walk out onto Brookvale Oval one last time even if it is just for a farewell.
I wish the world was still one where they could just work with the players for that and not management as middleman.

We'll see what the NRLs excuse is

All I know is Choc got a Salary cap exemption and it helped the eels get through their salary cap mess.

And we all know he was busted when he signed that contract !!!!!

It probably means the club has reached a brick wall with Greenslime and is hoping the publicity forces the issue a bit.

That's how I see it anyway.

Exactly what my first thought was.

Everyone has known this as a foregone conclusion for a while, so I can only assume (shock, horror) the NRL are towing the line and this is a move to force their hand.

Not surprising given the incompetent f*ckwits have not even announced a salary cap for next year.

What a rabble.

Sometimes life sux. This is one of those times. I'd accepted the fact that Snake was a shot duck and unlikely to return. The rise of Tommy Turbo has softened that blow somewhat, as we will be talking about him in 10 years time in the same manner we talk about Eadie and Stewart now.

But Skivvi ..... I was hoping against all hope that the warrior would defy the odds and give us one more season just for old times sake. I'll have to find a new man crush now. Think I'll go and have a beer and drown my sorrows. F#@K IT !!

Sometimes life sux. This is one of those times. I'd accepted the fact that Snake was a shot duck and unlikely to return. The rise of Tommy Turbo has softened that blow somewhat, as we will be talking about him in 10 years time in the same manner we talk about Eadie and Stewart now.

But Skivvi ..... I was hoping against all hope that the warrior would defy the odds and give us one more season just for old times sake. I'll have to find a new man crush now. Think I'll go and have a beer and drown my sorrows. F#@K IT !!
Yeah, in two minds about Skiv. Would have been incredible to have him inspiring the young guys on this year. But surely he would only be one mistimed tackle away from being an invalid. Both champions in their own right and I'll definitely be going to Brookie to say farewell.

Dan Walsh, Foxsports - Daily Telegraph article discusses retirement and cap issues........

NRL 2017: Manly Sea Eagles apply for medical retirement clearances for Brett Stewart and Steve Matai

c083651efe6210221657c6ca6fd076ab

MANLY have all but brought the curtain down on the champion careers of Brett Stewart and Steve Matai, but they face an uphill battle in getting their salaries excluded from the 2017 salary cap.

Link:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...i/news-story/c083651efe6210221657c6ca6fd076ab

If the worms got some salary cap exemption for bochoc, then so should Manly for Snake and Matai. If we don't, then Manly should take legal action.

The NRL has already set a precedent for this. So there really should not be any problem.

Isn't that right Mr Greenturd.................!!??

I think Snake re-signed in 2016 from memory.
Actually I think it was towards the end of 2015, but he was already contracted for 2016, so it was a one year extension, not two years as reported today.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12