Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
"Keppie is likely to fight for a spot in the front row for Manly this year alongside Martin Taupau, Taniela Paseka, Ethan Bullemor, Josh Aloiai and Toafofa Sipley, while Sione Fainu could also put pressure on."

That is some serious depth in the front row.
i still say paseka based on last year is our best and sipley is the most underrated.

out of the boys from last year i would rank
1 Paseka
2 the old professional Marty
3 keppie
4 sipley
5 garlic sauce (disapointed me to be honest lacked discipline and consistency)

Sipley is great with the footy in hand but like Marty his lateral defence lets him down from time to time. Generally misses of this nature lead to tries specially where it happens in your red zone. I expect they are working on that with all of the forwards during the off season. Big O is a huge talent but when you play hard and hit like a truck your attract a lot of attention of the referees and I believe that was a hand brake to Marty's form. I rate Big O as potentially being one of the most dynamic backrowers in the game. I remember in Round 1 last year he was man handling the Parra pack and they were looking out for him when they took the ball up. He owned them including Brown who was totally dominated by Big O. I have not seen many other forwards do that to him. Big O definitely needs to bring consistency to his level of performance each week. I expecting a big year form him in 2022.

"The Manly Sea Eagles are the greatest footie team in the world" - Allie Langdon (Channel Nine)

Allie.jpg

Menzies to be honoured with renamed stand at Brookvale Oval​

Cliffy Lyons and Steve Menzies combined like no other two Sea Eagles when on the park, which is why this move by Manly make so much sense.

Brent Read

Follow

@brentread_7

2 min read

February 12, 2022 - 12:00PM

The most potent combination in Manly history is about to become a permanent fixture at 4 Pines Park. Cliffy Lyons and Steve Menzies spent six years tormenting opponents with their telepathic understanding on the field.

In honour of their gilded partnership, Manly officials have confirmed plans to rename the southern stand at 4Pines Park the Lyons-Menzies Stand.

Significantly, it means Sea Eagles legend Bob Fulton will have his name on the new stand at the northern end of the ground – which will also house the club’s Centre of Excellence.

Manly chief executive Steve Humphreys informed Lyons and Menzies of the club’s plans earlier this week. The club also shared their plans with the Fulton family and informed the local council.

“Steve (Humphreys) called me yesterday and I got tingles all over my body,” Lyons said.

“It’s part of history now. It’s a perfect fit me and the Beaver (Menzies). I always said to Beaver you hit the hole, you’ll get the ball.”

Menzies was already part of the furniture at 4Pines Park – the southern stand was formerly the Fulton-Menzies stand – but it seems fitting that he now shares a place at stadium with Lyons.

Lyons has played the most games for Manly. Menzies is in second place. When they were together on the field, few could compare.

Pictured at Brookvale Oval in Manly are Manly Sea Eagles NRL club legends Steve Menzies and Cliff Lyons. The Current Fulton-Menzies Stand is being renamed the Lyons-Menzies Stand. Picture: Richard Dobson

Menzies ran towards a hole and Lyons invariably put him through it.
“I couldn’t pick a better person to hang off,” Menzies said.
“I think Cliffy is 13 years older than me and to be able to play a sport professionally and have the closest connection on the field with a player … is pretty cool.
“I have said many times when I first started I was a ball runner and so reliant on someone passing me the ball. I have played with some great ball players but he was the best.”
It seems fitting also that Fulton has a stand to himself given his stature at the Sea Eagles. The Immortal passed away last year but his place in the club’s history is enshrined through his deeds as a player and a coach.
Fulton led the club to premierships with his work on and off the field. He also helped identify much of the talent that takes the field today. Three of his children – Scott, Brett and Kristie – are still involved with the club.
The new grand stand at Brookvale Oval will be named after club great Bob Fulton. Picture: Adam Yip
“It is obviously fitting for him given his contribution to the club for over 50 years,” Brett Fulton said.
“It is a proud moment for the family and is something that will be looked upon with great pride for generations to come.”
Humphreys added: “With 19 grand finals appearances and 8 premierships in our 75 years, the Manly club has a great history of success.
“There is a very long list of inspirational Sea Eagles identities who have played pivotal roles in achieving that success. It is fitting that the stands at 4 Pines Park will carry the names of Manly legends, Bob Fulton, Ken Arthurson, Steve Menzies and now Cliff Lyons in recognition of the immense contributions each has made to the club and rugby league.
“We greatly appreciate the support of the Northern Beaches Council in endorsing our naming recommendations.”​

Cliffy Lyons and Steve Menzies combined like no other two Sea Eagles when on the park, which is why this move by Manly make so much sense.

Brent Read

Follow

@brentread_7

2 min read

The most potent combination in Manly history is about to become a permanent fixture at 4 Pines Park. Cliffy Lyons and Steve Menzies spent six years tormenting opponents with their telepathic understanding on the field.

In honour of their gilded partnership, Manly officials have confirmed plans to rename the southern stand at 4Pines Park the Lyons-Menzies Stand.

Significantly, it means Sea Eagles legend Bob Fulton will have his name on the new stand at the northern end of the ground – which will also house the club’s Centre of Excellence.

Manly chief executive Steve Humphreys informed Lyons and Menzies of the club’s plans earlier this week. The club also shared their plans with the Fulton family and informed the local council.

“Steve (Humphreys) called me yesterday and I got tingles all over my body,” Lyons said.

“It’s part of history now. It’s a perfect fit me and the Beaver (Menzies). I always said to Beaver you hit the hole, you’ll get the ball.”

Menzies was already part of the furniture at 4Pines Park – the southern stand was formerly the Fulton-Menzies stand – but it seems fitting that he now shares a place at stadium with Lyons.

Lyons has played the most games for Manly. Menzies is in second place. When they were together on the field, few could compare.

Pictured at Brookvale Oval in Manly are Manly Sea Eagles NRL club legends Steve Menzies and Cliff Lyons. The Current Fulton-Menzies Stand is being renamed the Lyons-Menzies Stand. Picture: Richard Dobson

“I think Cliffy is 13 years older than me and to be able to play a sport professionally and have the closest connection on the field with a player … is pretty cool.
“I have said many times when I first started I was a ball runner and so reliant on someone passing me the ball. I have played with some great ball players but he was the best.”
It seems fitting also that Fulton has a stand to himself given his stature at the Sea Eagles. The Immortal passed away last year but his place in the club’s history is enshrined through his deeds as a player and a coach.
Fulton led the club to premierships with his work on and off the field. He also helped identify much of the talent that takes the field today. Three of his children – Scott, Brett and Kristie – are still involved with the club.
The new grand stand at Brookvale Oval will be named after club great Bob Fulton. Picture: Adam Yip
“It is obviously fitting for him given his contribution to the club for over 50 years,” Brett Fulton said.
“It is a proud moment for the family and is something that will be looked upon with great pride for generations to come.”
Humphreys added: “With 19 grand finals appearances and 8 premierships in our 75 years, the Manly club has a great history of success.
“There is a very long list of inspirational Sea Eagles identities who have played pivotal roles in achieving that success. It is fitting that the stands at 4 Pines Park will carry the names of Manly legends, Bob Fulton, Ken Arthurson, Steve Menzies and now Cliff Lyons in recognition of the immense contributions each has made to the club and rugby league.
“We greatly appreciate the support of the Northern Beaches Council in endorsing our naming recommendations.”​
Makes sense on so many levels. Absolutely love it.

Brent Read

Follow

@brentread_7

2 min read

About time I had my own stand 😂

Brent Read

Follow

@brentread_7

2 min read

Read, Humphreys, et al, have diplomatically avoided any mention of the apparent decision to name the CoE in ‘honour’ the Penns.

Buzz lightbeer says in the telegraph today that a possible stink may be brewing over the name of the COE ..

Whilst the new stand will be named after Fulton..

Penn wants the COE named after the Penn family .. or Penn Health

Buzz lightbeer says in the telegraph today that a possible stink may be brewing over the name of the COE ..

Whilst the new stand will be named after Fulton..

Penn wants the COE named after the Penn family .. or Penn Health
All those Great Manly People deserve to have their names up there for their Amazing Contributions
to our legendary club .

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10