Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Yes I think Joke was actually banned for being in charge of Manly when we got the salary cap breach. It was a very technical breach (which I still don't even understand) but nevertheless was an embarrassment to the club and all our fans and ruined our record and bragging rights as being one club that had never been busted.

Yes I think Joke was actually banned for being in charge of Manly when we got the salary cap breach. It was a very technical breach (which I still don't even understand) but nevertheless was an embarrassment to the club and all our fans and ruined our record and bragging rights as being one club that had never been busted.
He then went to the Roosters & from memory was employed by them for a good 12 months while still suspended for his actions while at Manly.

An absolute joke.

Max Was Great Indeed , but Give Credit to Mr Penn as well feathered friend because owning and running a footy club is not the greatest investments and it is a Thankless Job
@Ryan just laid out how good their investments actually were .
You are correct with the thankless part though ,They will never deserve any thanks.

@Ryan just laid out how good their investments actually were .
You are correct with the thankless part though ,They will never deserve any thanks.
Thank you Mr Penn Perspective time

The Penns investments were a lot better then the North Sydney bears backers who backed them all the way to their grave . North Sydney are well and truly dead and buried and We are alive and we can thank Mr Penn for that .

A MANLY SEA EAGLE STANDING ON TOP OF A BEARS GRAVE

1644785928425.png

Last edited:
Thank you Mr Penn Perspective time

The Penns investments were a lot better then the North Sydney bears backers who backed them all the way to their grave . North Sydney are well and truly dead and buried and We are alive and we can thank Mr Penn for that .

A MANLY SEA EAGLE STANDING ON TOP OF A BEARS GRAVE

View attachment 20352

Well, it was actually Max that did that feathered friend. Not sure your timeline of events lines up. I've also clearly mentioned how The Sea Eagles were and are an absolute cash cow for The Penn group. For their family to cry martyr for the money they've "injected" into the club should be an insult to us all.

The real numbers tell a very different story.

And lets not compare anything to a Bears business model. Apples and oranges / chalk and cheese. It's like saying a serial killer got away with murder 14 times, so we should be able to, as well. If we want to compare rugby league business models, lets compare ourselves with The Bunnies / Broncos. Thanks mate.

Agree totally Ryan ..

However I will correct one point .. he is not trying to dud menzies.. the menzies/Fulton stand will become the menzies/lyons stand ... the new stand will be the Bob Fulton stand ... and the actual COE to be the penn health COE.
Thanks mate. Still think the stand should & could have much more deserving naming rights than the Penn health COE. Narcassistic family !

How about the "Gayemagal Stand OR The Guringai Stand".
Works for The Sea Eagles, works for the community, works for the ground.

And much more deserving.

Thanks mate. Still think the stand should & could have much more deserving naming rights than the Penn health COE. Narcassistic family !

How about the "Gayemagal Stand OR The Guringai Stand".
Works for The Sea Eagles, works for the community, works for the ground.

And much more deserving.

Or .. change the name of the Ken Arthurson stand to another player (we have many worthy) .. and name the COE the Arthurson COE.

Off the top of my head these are the most influential sea eagles who got us to where we are today, combination of on-field and off-field performance:

Arko, Bozo, Frank Stanton, Des in tier one.

Tier 2 would be Cliffy, Beaver, Tooves, Ron Willey, Randall, Krilich, Eadie.

Eadie for on-field performance, while Max and Terry were legendary on field and both did some admin, board and coaching over the years. I doubt that anyone else would be in the mix for a grandstand naming.

The investment of Max Delmege and the Penns is much appreciated, and the COE named after them is fine with me.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, $35 Million of tax payer money was used to fund the CoE. Naming it after the Penn's would be a disgrace, and would probably create a negative story surrounding the venue and our club when it does open.

If its not named after a player, something inclusive like Ryan suggested is a much better alternative than after some rich bloke that lives in New York. It's narcissistic and unnecessary.

The bottom line is ...
Our Club is run by a smart Business Man that knows how to keep the bank balance sheets afloat and our Sea eagles flying Because who ever ran the bears ran them to their grave
The Bears are Dead and we are still living
So I suggest feathered friend Ryan . Next time you see Mr Penn you should thank him and Kiss his Bottom

The Bottom line ....
View attachment 20353

That's not going to happen, sorry Bozo. I just don't appreciate Penn misleading people. Yes, he may have put in X amount of money, but when you look at capital appreciation on sold assets, rent from the leagues club, gate takings, merchandise other revenues, he's well and truly in front (astronomically) .

But he's a smart business man I hear you continue to say? That may be true, but if he repaid liabilities in the clubs balance sheet (short and long term), instead of retaining all the profits as a group (and crying "I've put SO much into the club") we'd be in a much safer, more secure, more financially sound position.

Also take into consideration the loss offsets (tax benefits) he'd be claiming on top of everything else. He's gouged the club dry, while not reducing current and/or non current liabilities.

Now, if you're so pro Sea Eagles like you claim, you have to look at this in perspective like you ask everyone else to do. To confirm our position (remembering Penn both declined a buyout which would payout liability, and that he is pocketing revenue):

Manly only have one of those to fall back on.
Whether they survive will all but certainly depend on whether the Penns - who have tipped in about $1 million per year since they took over the club to keep it afloat - see the value in propping up the Sea Eagles during what could be their darkest hour.

Manly's 2018 financial accounts revealed the club's dire overall position, which was summarised as ‘‘the company has a deficiency of funds whereby its liabilities exceed its assets by $12.48m’’. It has yet to lodge its 2019 figures.

If you're looking objectively, I think you'll finally agree Penn has done jack ****, but profiteer from us financially as well as media awareness (we've given him notoriety and credibility which isn't measured monetarily). He's sucked us dry good and well, and you're thanking him, and celebrating him for it.

This is one player who gives it his all, would love to see Sipley back up his comments with solid performances, then ultimately a spot on our bench this season. Their is no better sight to see, than a rampaging Toff Sipley carting it up, full of power.

Off the top of my head these are the most influential sea eagles who got us to where we are today, combination of on-field and off-field performance:

Arko, Bozo, Frank Stanton, Des in tier one.

Tier 2 would be Cliffy, Beaver, Tooves, Ron Willey, Randall, Krilich, Eadie.

Eadie for on-field performance, while Max and Terry were legendary on field and both did some admin, board and coaching over the years. I doubt that anyone else would be in the mix for a grandstand naming.

The investment of Max Delmege and the Penns is much appreciated, and the COE named after them is fine with me.
Anyone with more than a passing knowledge of the club’s history would know that Easts’ junior Wally O’Connell is deserving of far greater recognition in the annals of Manly.

He took Manly to the 1951 grand final, in only their fifth season, as a captain-coach (he was injured and didn’t play), having a huge influence on the likes of Arthurson along the way.

In 1966 he returned as coach and had an immediate effect. The team made the finals for the first time in five years and set the club for its 11 year run in the finals from 1968 onwards. A new generation of players like Fulton and Stanton were once again heavily influenced by O’Connell’s coaching methods and philosophy.

He had a similar impact coaching in Queensland. Wayne Bennett will tell anyone what an enormous influence he had on him directly and more broadly across the code up
in Queensland in the late 1960s/early 1970s.

That's not going to happen, sorry Bozo. I just don't appreciate Penn misleading people. Yes, he may have put in X amount of money, but when you look at capital appreciation on sold assets, rent from the leagues club, gate takings, merchandise other revenues, he's well and truly in front (astronomically) .

But he's a smart business man I hear you continue to say? That may be true, but if he repaid liabilities in the clubs balance sheet (short and long term), instead of retaining all the profits as a group (and crying "I've put SO much into the club") we'd be in a much safer, more secure, more financially sound position.

Also take into consideration the loss offsets (tax benefits) he'd be claiming on top of everything else. He's gouged the club dry, while not reducing current and/or non current liabilities.

Now, if you're so pro Sea Eagles like you claim, you have to look at this in perspective like you ask everyone else to do. To confirm our position (remembering Penn both declined a buyout which would payout liability, and that he is pocketing revenue):

Manly only have one of those to fall back on.
Whether they survive will all but certainly depend on whether the Penns - who have tipped in about $1 million per year since they took over the club to keep it afloat - see the value in propping up the Sea Eagles during what could be their darkest hour.

Manly's 2018 financial accounts revealed the club's dire overall position, which was summarised as ‘‘the company has a deficiency of funds whereby its liabilities exceed its assets by $12.48m’’. It has yet to lodge its 2019 figures.

If you're looking objectively, I think you'll finally agree Penn has done jack ****, but profiteer from us financially as well as media awareness (we've given him notoriety and credibility which isn't measured monetarily). He's sucked us dry good and well, and you're thanking him, and celebrating him for it.
Let us look at your assumption in full perspective feathered friend Ryan

You agreed that Mr Penn put in x amount of money
and you also agreed He is a smart Business man

What we must appreciate is all smart Business people need to make money in order run their business for the long haul and be able to keep putting in an X amount of money

Only failures and foolish business man do not operate like Mr Penn and unlike Mr Penn their business goes bankrupt

Just like the foolish and dumb people that ran the North Sydney bears to their grave

In 2009 Under Nick Politis the Roosters won their clubs 5th Wooden Spoon and Mr Penn lived up to our legendary clubs tradition of not ever disgracing our proud club with a wooden spoon

Mr Penn Never ran us to our graves just like the dumb fools who financed the Bears

Under Mr Penn we have the worlds best player Nick Politis could not get his hands on In Tom Turbo and a competitive roster to challenge for our 9th premiership title and avoid the disgraceful wooden spoon

And You feathered friend Ryan say you have Nothing to thank Mr Penn For
I am lost for words feathered friend

I will leave you with this quote :
The things we take for Granted . Some one else is praying for

1644808659422.png

Let us look at your assumption in full perspective feathered friend Ryan

You agreed that Mr Penn put in x amount of money
and you also agreed He is a smart Business man

What we must appreciate is all smart Business people need to make money in order run their business for the long haul and be able to keep putting in an X amount of money

Only failures and foolish business man do not operate like Mr Penn and unlike Mr Penn their business goes bankrupt

Just like the foolish and dumb people that ran the North Sydney bears to their grave

In 2009 Under Nick Politis the Roosters won their clubs 5th Wooden Spoon and Mr Penn lived up to our legendary clubs tradition of not ever disgracing our proud club with a wooden spoon

Mr Penn Never ran us to our graves just like the dumb fools who financed the Bears

Under Mr Penn we have the worlds best player Nick Politis could not get his hands on In Tom Turbo and a competitive roster to challenge for our 9th premiership title and avoid the disgraceful wooden spoon

And You feathered friend Ryan say you have Nothing to thank Mr Penn For
I am lost for words feathered friend

I will leave you with this quote :
The things we take for Granted . Some one else is praying for

View attachment 20355
If Penn had bought the Manly Leagues Club, debt ridden as it was, but then gifted it back to the club, yes that could merit a statue!

But he didn't. He bought it from a desperate club at an advantageous price that allowed him to quickly turn a massive profit, as clearly explained above by @Ryan

Which left the Leagues club (previously the main revenue source for the footy team) still in dire staits financially, but now not even owning anything!

By comparison, take a look at what Politis has done for the Chooks.
With his assistance, they have accumulated massive assets so their future looks assured. Yet ownership of the club is still with the Eastern Suburbs District Rugby League Football Club Limited (Easts Group).

Honouring people with statues and grandstands really should only occur when their character, or the value of their contribution, is known for certain. Usually that requires 'the fullness of time', and sometimes that won't be until after they've passed away!

As for Mr Penn, let's wait and see if he keeps Manly afloat and successful for another 20, 30 or 40 years.

(and for what its worth, I think Ryan's suggestion is great - the "Gayemagal Stand OR The Guringai Stand".)

If Penn had bought the Manly Leagues Club, debt ridden as it was, but then gifted it back to the club, yes that could merit a statue!

But he didn't. He bought it from a desperate club at an advantageous price that allowed him to quickly turn a massive profit, as clearly explained above by @Ryan

Which left the Leagues club (previously the main revenue source for the footy team) still in dire staits financially, but now not even owning anything!

With his assistance, they have accumulated massive assets so their future looks assured. Yet ownership of the club is still with the Eastern Suburbs District Rugby League Football Club Limited (Easts Group).

Honouring people with statues and grandstands really should only occur when their character, or the value of their contribution, is known for certain. Usually that requires 'the fullness of time', and sometimes that won't be until after they've passed away!

As for Mr Penn, let's wait and see if he keeps Manly afloat and successful for another 20, 30 or 40 years.

(and for what its worth, I think Ryan's suggestion is great - the "Gayemagal Stand OR The Guringai Stand".)

Again .. and sorry to be pedantic ..the new stand will be called the Fulton stand .. it's the naming of the actual COE that is contentious

If Mr Penn did not buy it some other shrewd business person would have bought it and benefited

I would rather our owner take advantage than an outsider

By comparison Politis won the Roosters 5th Humiliating wooden spoon and Mr Penn never tarnished our Proud and unblemished history .

Any investor without any passion for the game and for the club would not touch a football club as there are much more lucrative investments and that it self is an honour

Our Future looks bright under Mr Penn and this 2022 season Manly is one of the real Premiership contenders under him

Last edited:
And another thing ...
When Covid time hit badly and there was no gate Money and the club needed money badly to pay the
bills where did the money come from ?

Our Backer Mr Penn

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12