Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Funny. But I don't think it's constipation, more likely they are trying to channel the cold death stares of our classic '70s sides

View attachment 20394
I think it depends on the skill of the photographer to engender & capture smiles.

Indeed, 1973 was a classic side! IMO, only two of our current players would crack that team - Turbo to replace Brown on the wing & Olakau'atu to replace Peters.

Last edited:

rosco

Reserve Grader
I think it depends on the skill of the photographer to engender & capture smiles.

Indeed, 1973 was a classic side! IMO, only two of our current players would crack that team - Turbo to replace Brown on the wing & Olakau'atu to replace Peters.
I think also that DCE would have Johnny Mayes covered and I would take Paseka over Herman Hamilton. You're right though, the '72/73 sides were great. I think the '72 pack was the toughest club pack ever.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I think also that DCE weredould have Johnny Mayes covered and I would take Paseka over Herman Hamilton. You're right though, the '72/73 sides were great. I think the '72 pack was the toughest club pack ever.
Nobody would have Johnny mayes covered

manly al

First Grader
Nobody would have Johnny mayes covered
Different era but Woodsie , agree one of the best backa uperes ever, fast and great competitor , however would say quite a few other halfs have had more strings to their bow . Played with some great packs at the time too but did he ever rep ? sate or international , don "t think so . Hasler , Tooves and D C E standings is probably more of the bench mark that i would apply

manly al

First Grader
Team poster

Like the look of this squad , seems to have a good balance and plenty of emerging prospects coming through . Just the 9 role and depth factor there if Froggy has any issues and expectations then of Lawton . Josh seems to have bulked up a bit , of course will still be able to cover the 6 role when he returns hopefully A S A P but more likely for me to be in the back row , short or longer term . Latu Fainu is only a short while off coming into the picture or calculation there [ 6 ] in any case

Different era but Woodsie , agree one of the best backa uperes ever, fast and great competitor , however would say quite a few other halfs have had more strings to their bow . Played with some great packs at the time too but did he ever rep ? sate or international , don "t think so . Hasler , Tooves and D C E standings is probably more of the bench mark that i would apply
Mayes certainly played for Australia... a very very fine half. Maybe DCE edges him. But agree very very few of our current side make the 72/73 sides that is for sure. Turbo if he has a long career might edge out Eadie but Eadie has his nose in front purely because he could do it all, plus he could kick goals, plus he was tough as nails and played for years at the very top level. Plus Turbo can play in the Centres... Branighan to wing. Agreed Peter Peters would be dispensable - tough but a Boyle type plodder. Maybe someone for Hamilton... maybe Marty much more mobile than Bill.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Funny. But I don't think it's constipation, more likely they are trying to channel the cold death stares of our classic '70s sides

View attachment 20394
Good on you @SeaEagleRock8 well said !

We are keeping up with Our Legendary clubs Bench mark !

Well done Ella .

Good luck and soar like a Eagle towards a successful career !

Mayes certainly played for Australia... a very very fine half. Maybe DCE edges him. But agree very very few of our current side make the 72/73 sides that is for sure. Turbo if he has a long career might edge out Eadie but Eadie has his nose in front purely because he could do it all, plus he could kick goals, plus he was tough as nails and played for years at the very top level. Plus Turbo can play in the Centres... Branighan to wing. Agreed Peter Peters would be dispensable - tough but a Boyle type plodder. Maybe someone for Hamilton... maybe Marty much more mobile than Bill.
The Winning Premiership Peter Peters Perspective

Peter Peters had more skill than he was given credit for

Peters was not only a resilient and tough forward that was not overawed by any confrontation
as was the case in our Winning 1973 Grand final win which was considered the most brutal grand final in the history of the game .

Peters was also a Skillful ball playing forward who also had the ability to be a goal kicker

Most of all Peters was Golden Greek Who is now a Golden Premiership Winning Sea eagle

Johnny Mayes played in 3 games for Australia in the 1975 World cup games

At the end of the 1975 season, Mayes was selected to represent Australia in that year's Rugby League World Cup, playing in the 24–8 win over New Zealand at Carlaw Park in Auckland and the 18–6 win over Wales at the St Helens Ground in Swansea. His final game for Australia came in a 16–13 loss to England at Central Park in Wigan.

The Benchmark and the Greatest honour for all Manly players is to live up to our Legendary clubs pinnacle of Greatness as the Greatest club of all and Win a Grand Final and Mayes was good enough to do that amongst our other honourable and worthy Grand final winning halves Hasler , Toovey and DCE .
2nd best is Not a Manly thing !

jake1.jpg

manly al

First Grader
Big Herman [ Hamilton ] could stride out a bit with a bit of room to move but Marty [ at his best ] would be a bit more mobile ' Herman was actually one of the most improved props at that time from an earlier stage of his career , maybe just got a lot more fit , maybe just got a harder edge gradually as a prop . just could not recall Mayes reping , think that he would have been behind Tommy Raudonikis and Billy Smith at the time but still a good achievement for Mayes . Pretty good Manly side naturally in 73 , Saab and Garick if they continue with their impressive form would be up there with those Manly 73 wingers just as a perspective though and big Olka and of course Tom and Jake . .

Shoe1

Journey Man
Pre-90s props had to do an awful lot of hard scrum work. So I don’t think we can compare Herman with Marty or any current front rowers with the old day blokes.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE !!!
18th Feb 1994
Manly Player 559

Our Birthday wish is that you can rise up and become our Enforcer

and send a few Penrith players to Napean Hospital for Xrays in our first premiership game .

1645165477392.png

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Hey Wheel, just wondering if you still do the member council thing and, if so, do you have anything to report?
I’ve moved to Qld recently but just before I left there was a tour of the COE and a quick meeting with Stephen, Elyse from Membership team and Cuzzo.

In short;

Hopeful of further funding for Brookie just how much is the question for full redevelopment or just along east/west side of ground.

Discussed membership options as at Christmas not one Digital membership had been sold.

In terms of footy given our stability in the squad the club is quietly confident, no plans to bring other players in, but anything can happen in Rugby League, don’t expect to see MF this year.

The Who

Journey Man
I’ve moved to Qld recently but just before I left there was a tour of the COE and a quick meeting with Stephen, Elyse from Membership team and Cuzzo.

In short;

Hopeful of further funding for Brookie just how much is the question for full redevelopment or just along east/west side of ground.

Discussed membership options as at Christmas not one Digital membership had been sold.

In terms of footy given our stability in the squad the club is quietly confident, no plans to bring other players in, but anything can happen in Rugby League, don’t expect to see MF this year.
As the septics say: thank you for your service Wheel.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16