Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
That 2006 team shows Dessie has plenty better to work with in 2022. In saying that the champions of the past were just starting to hit their straps in the run to the 2008 premiership.

Gees Snakey was brilliant.

Given Foz is one of our golden players of days / years past, I assume the club have made an official statement about his leaving to members and fans?

Hahahahahahaha - guess not.

Given Foz is one of our golden players of days / years past, I assume the club have made an official statement about his leaving to members and fans?

Hahahahahahaha - guess not.
Wait til the end of year I reckon

Where is our Whiskers of Wisdom telling us about our wounded?
Surely the club has more accurate information on players than "indefinite". Just a hint would be appreciated.
  • Josh Schuster (Calf, TBC)
  • Morgan Boyle (Ankle, indefinite)
  • Andrew Davey (shoulder, indefinite)
  • Brad Parker (Knee, indefinite)
  • Taniela Paseka (Knee, indefinite)

dunno if posted:

Fox sports:

ALL EYES WERE ON

James Segeyaro played his first game of the season in the No.9 jersey on the weekend. The 31-year-old started the year with Blacktown Workers off the bench before being shifted to halfback. But with Tyran Ott sidelined with an ankle injury, coach Nathan Hogan turned to the 2014 Dally M Hooker of the Year.

Segeyaro told Fox League pre-game that an NRL return is “the end goal” but there hadn’t been any conversations with Manly coach Des Hasler about an opportunity just yet.

“Of course it’s the end goal, that’s what I set out to do when I got the all clear so the comeback’s real,” he said.

“No (conversations) thus far but if you’re not winning games no one’s going to look at you. I can only control what I can control and that’s putting on a good performance this afternoon.”

Despite having 154 NRL games under his belt, Segeyaro believes there’s still an opportunity to grow as a player in reserve grade.

“I think it’s very challenging NSW Cup especially with the young guys coming through. My role has shifted in that I’m getting a bit older now,” he said.

Unfortunately Blacktown have only recorded one win this season and on Saturday went down 30-26 to the last-placed Magpies.

However, Segeyaro had his best game yet, taking control of the team from hooker before shifting to halfback later in the game.

Segeyaro set up a try, while also getting one linebreak and three tackle busts to go with his 134 running metres.

STANDOUTS

Jake Toby
ran out for Blacktown on Saturday having never scored a NSW Cup try and he finished the game with four!

The 25-year-old, who payed for St Mary’s in the Ron Massey Cup last season, starred at fullback amassing 194 running metres. two linebreaks and seven tackle busts to go with his quartet of tries.

His teammate William Swann was challenged by Mark ‘Spudd’ Carroll before the game and the prop didn’t disappoint, constantly putting his hand up to take the tough carries. He finished with 167 running metres and three tackle busts.

dunno if posted:

Fox sports:

ALL EYES WERE ON

James Segeyaro played his first game of the season in the No.9 jersey on the weekend. The 31-year-old started the year with Blacktown Workers off the bench before being shifted to halfback. But with Tyran Ott sidelined with an ankle injury, coach Nathan Hogan turned to the 2014 Dally M Hooker of the Year.

Segeyaro told Fox League pre-game that an NRL return is “the end goal” but there hadn’t been any conversations with Manly coach Des Hasler about an opportunity just yet.

“Of course it’s the end goal, that’s what I set out to do when I got the all clear so the comeback’s real,” he said.

“No (conversations) thus far but if you’re not winning games no one’s going to look at you. I can only control what I can control and that’s putting on a good performance this afternoon.”

Despite having 154 NRL games under his belt, Segeyaro believes there’s still an opportunity to grow as a player in reserve grade.

“I think it’s very challenging NSW Cup especially with the young guys coming through. My role has shifted in that I’m getting a bit older now,” he said.

Unfortunately Blacktown have only recorded one win this season and on Saturday went down 30-26 to the last-placed Magpies.

However, Segeyaro had his best game yet, taking control of the team from hooker before shifting to halfback later in the game.

Segeyaro set up a try, while also getting one linebreak and three tackle busts to go with his 134 running metres.
Good to see Seggy putting in an effort with Blacktown Workers, can't be rewarding or inspiring going around every weekend and getting flogged every game.

The ever reliable Reuben Garrick brought up another personal milestone at 4 Pines Park on Saturday in the win over the Wests Tigers.

Garrick’s 16 point haul through two tries and four goals in the 36-22 win saw him pass 700 points for Manly in just 79 games.

Since making his NRL debut for the Sea Eagles against the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval in 2019, Garrick has kicked 255 goals and scored 48 tries to now sit on 702 points for Manly. He sits seventh on the list for Most Points for Manly behind Graham Eadie (1917 points).

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10