Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
22nd player if you include Bob Batty, who is recognised by several sources as having played more than 200 FG premiership games.

I pointed this out only a few weeks ago.

And why is a Goosters’ life member (Katzmann) raising this issue anyway? I notice his list misspells Max Krilich’s surname.
Here is an accurate list

22nd player if you include Bob Batty, who is recognised by several sources as having played more than 200 FG premiership games.

I pointed this out only a few weeks ago.

And why is a Goosters’ life member (Katzmann) raising this issue anyway? I notice his list misspells Max Krilich’s surname.
Yeah MWDRLFC has Batty on 205 games.

1693279252635.png

We also have Bill Hamilton with 189, Glenn Stewart 185, and Kieran Foran 196.
(Katzmann ignores Northern Eagles games in his numbers.)

Making Batty’s achievement even more impressive as the first Manly player to hit 200 FG games, is that up until 1967 he was playing in a 10-team, 18-rounds a season competition.

Plus since his FG debut in 1959 and prior to 1968, the first grade side had only made the finals intermittently.

From 1968 until the end of 1971, his last full season in the game, that all changed.

Last edited:
Fan appreciation? After the season they've dished up?

Chelsea finished mid table last season, and were so ashamed they cancelled the fan appreciation day and player awards, because they didn't want to offend the members and fans as it wasn't acceptable or good enough.

That's called emotional intelligence, and situational awareness. Manly hosting a fan appreciation day? Wow.

Chelsea finished mid table last season, and were so ashamed they cancelled the fan appreciation day and player awards, because they didn't want to offend the members and fans as it wasn't acceptable or good enough.

That's called emotional intelligence, and situational awareness. Manly hosting a fan appreciation day? Wow.

Be fair @Ryan they are holding it at a time (and game) that will minimise the chance of anyone actually being there and being appreciated.

I’d argue a season like this one provides even more reason why the club should show appreciation and gratitude for us members who’ve stuck with them and patronised our home games despite some very mediocre performances.

I’d argue a season like this one provides even more reason why the club should show appreciation and gratitude for us members who’ve stuck with them and patronised our home games despite some very mediocre performances.
Or maybe ... could there be a place...(I thought it could never exist but maybe it does, we can provisionally name it Bozoworld) where ... fans who turn up each week and cheer for the efforts of the team during a loss or a losing season are actually... part of the problem!!
It makes some sense. By cheering when the players are mediocre they are condoning accepting and eventually encouraging the losing mentality. @:mad:
It's weird but consider if this is true, maybe the club should request fans boo and heckle the team?
Alison Brie What GIF

(and relax @BOZO it's a joke, lol)

Agree, good call it’s not player appreciation it’s fan appreciation.

Or maybe ... could there be a place...(I thought it could never exist but maybe it does, we can provisionally name it Bozoworld) where ... fans who turn up each week and cheer for the efforts of the team during a loss or a losing season are actually... part of the problem!!
It makes some sense. By cheering when the players are mediocre they are condoning accepting and eventually encouraging the losing mentality. @:mad:
It's weird but consider if this is true, maybe the club should request fans boo and heckle the team?
Alison Brie What GIF

Let's just hope you don't apply that logic to ANY other business or service on the planet haha.

I wonder if you ran your own self employed business, if you'd still be cheering, condoning, accepting and encouraging (your words) failed metrics, targets, results after 10 years?

If the answer is yes, please start a business. I have an amazing job, but I'll be first in line to jump ship, and work for you !! The job I'm at makes me work bloody hard - I'd love to coast in yours, and to get rewarded for it hahaha

Let's just hope you don't apply that logic to ANY other business or service on the planet haha.

I wonder if you ran your own self employed business, if you'd still be cheering, condoning, accepting and encouraging (your words) failed metrics, targets, results after 10 years?

If the answer is yes, please start a business. I have an amazing job, but I'll be first in line to jump ship, and work for you !! The job I'm at makes me work bloody hard - I'd love to coast in yours, and to get rewarded for it hahaha
Lol, I started and ran for a number of years a successful small business, eventually I sold it. We definitely used the carrot more than the stick @:)
(carrots are great for clear vision) @:D

Lol, I started and ran for a number of years a successful small business, eventually I sold it. We definitely used the carrot more than the stick @:)
(carrots are great for clear vision) @:D

Firstly, that's super impressive. I find business owners the most courageous people out there, so full respect and kudos for that mate. I would never want to disrespect that.

Secondly, I hope you made a motza, and all your hard work paid off for you and your family. The stresses and drain of running a small business can be REAL (for SO many reasons) as I'm sure you'd know.

In regards to the topic at hand, I'll just say I hope the club as a whole set the bar very much higher for themselves and their fans. Honestly though, 4.30pm on. Friday night? Hehehe.

Firstly, that's super impressive. I find business owners the most courageous people out there, so full respect and kudos for that mate. I would never want to disrespect that.

Secondly, I hope you made a motza, and all your hard work paid off for you and your family. The stresses and drain of running a small business can be REAL (for SO many reasons) as I'm sure you'd know.

In regards to the topic at hand, I'll just say I hope the club as a whole set the bar very much higher for themselves and their fans. Honestly though, 4.30pm on. Friday night? Hehehe.
Thanks Ryan, indeed small business for many reasons can be bloody hard, including that you tend to be on duty or on call 24/7. No, can't say I made a motza but provided stable income for several families, cheerful work environment and it had value as a going concern when I left.

As to the topic and 'the club as a whole', as you put it, we probably both agree that the private owner in reality sets parameters (or in this case limits) on where the bar is set. I want to see the club fight hard for success and when we stop giving our home game to the Broncos I'll expect us to win more premierships than most (but still not all premierships) @:)

Thanks Ryan, indeed small business for many reasons can be bloody hard, including that you tend to be on duty or on call 24/7. No, can't say I made a motza but provided stable income for several families, cheerful work environment and it had value as a going concern when I left.

As to the topic and 'the club as a whole', as you put it, we probably both agree that the private owner in reality sets parameters (or in this case limits) on where the bar is set. I want to see the club fight hard for success and when we stop giving our home game to the Broncos I'll expect us to win more premierships than most (but still not all premierships) @:)

Seriously, spot on. How the HELL did any human being in a right mind say, let's always take our magic round home game to Suncorp, but be the team playing the Broncos? Well, we all DO know, someone who thinks $$$ is more important than winning a premiership. That being said, credit where it's due, Mestrov DID say this season that was a ridiculous strategy, and he's having it changed, so I'm okay with that.

We could have at LEAST agreed that The Broncos would take one of their home games to Brooky in return.

Yeah mate, I used to receive phone calls at 2am from business owners who couldn't sleep worrying about when and where the next wages were going to be paid. Or how they can't take big job on because they didn't have enough working capital. Or they had no more limits available etc etc etc.

Contrary to popular belief, in my time as a commercial banker (thank the STARS I'm out of Banking now), no matter the time, effort or work required to support them, I would accommodate them (mostly because I had my own credit authority hahaha) - up to 30 odd mill at NAB at one point, depending on the security levels.

That's the thing, us commercial Bankers on the ground (people don't realise this) regardless of the brand that pays them, would go to war for their clients to support them. I know I did. I felt the pain, stress and anxiety my customers did, because in my view, it was a partnership.

Anyways, haha, I digress. But yeah, hence my utmost respect for people like you mate !!

Fun (or not so fun) fact:

I believe if we finish on 29 competition points, that will be the second highest number of competition points attained (at least in first grade) - without making the finals - in M-W’s history.

In the 1985 ARL season, the FG team finished on 31 points and in sixth spot on F-A, only to lose to Penrith in a play off for fifth spot.

Alison Brie What GIF

All Good my Passionate Manly Brother @SeaEagleRock8
I accept jokes , I can takes Jokes , I like Jokes
After all I am Bozo the Clown :)

I just do not like , or accept and or take our Manly club losing games and losing its Premier Great Standing in the Greatest game of all

It is essential to our Legendary clubs success
That All at Manly must be on the same page and know our clubs Great value and stand up and rise and meet its high Benchmark Premiership Winning Expectations
Lower our Legendary clubs Great Standards and We stand for Nothing Great

Happiness is Living up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark Premiership Winning Standards
1693362343245.png

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11