Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good to see the club using NSW Cup to blood these players.
Great to see young blood given an opportunity

A Blood transfusion of Talent rejuvenates and gives life to a team

The Virile Vaega was a recent proof of that

Vaega might have been hit by a grade 2 by the Judiciary

But Munster was poleaxed by a Grade 10 on the Richter Scale by Vaega the Predator
Who was very Inspirational in our win

How good is this

How Good is this you ask Feathered Friend ?

Well , It could not get any better

This is about a Tragic family story where our Legendary Manly Sea eagles club once again Turn Tragedy into Triumph Bringing Joy to another Family and this time its the lovely O'Grady Manly Family

"The Sea Eagles have been amazing and we can’t thank the club for all of their support.”

I am So proud to be a Club Member and part of our Inspirational club
I am proudly following our clubs lead and will donate and I hope you can join me as well

To donate to the campaign, visit Heartbeats for Xav

The Manly Sea eagles keep Turning Sadness into Smiles
Picture Compliments Manly Media
20230420_011308.jpg

What does the jovially excuse for that kick have to do with the wing position for a so called TEAM PLAYER like parker who supposedly does what is best for the team ?

What was Best for the TEAM was to try and attempt to catch the bomb instead of that inexcusable Kung Fu Kick straight to the opposition that resulted in another set of six that led to another try when we were under the pump by the Panthers
In the interview, Parker said the kick was a brain explosion (or similar). At least he was able to make fun of himself (a redeeming quality). For me, the interesting part of the interview was that he mentioned moving to the back row. I think he could possibly excel there - he is a strong runner & front on defender and knows when to pass the ball. As a utility off the bench, I think he could me more valuable to the team. Despite all the good features of his game that are regularly promoted in this forum, he is depressingly slow for an outside back. This year, faster opponents have buzzed past him on more than one occasion. He is a great clubman & a courageous player, but I think he can have a longer career as a forward/utility. In other clubs, players with similar physical attributes would probably have already made the transition.

Last edited:
In the interview, Parker said the kick was a brain explosion (or similar). At least he was able to make fun of himself (a redeeming quality). For me, the interesting part of the interview was that he mentioned moving to the back row. I think he could possibly excel there - he is a strong runner & front on defender and knows when to pass the ball.
I do not see a redeeming quality of making fun of our selves as a consolation to a brain expulsion that leads to a opposition try in an embarrassing high score loss .
I see Manly players as premiership winning contenders and not press conference comedians

The second row position is a dynamic position for fast strong running hard hitting defenders in Nainai . Kikau , Papali ,Hudson Young Liam Martin Koloamtangi to name a few .
Your Parker move to the back row does not move me at all feathered friend as he fails to meet the quality back row dynamic and dominant expectations for us to be a more dominant team

Parker is a support player and not a dominant player and the more dominant players we have the more dominating team we will be . Looking forward to seeing exciting young and Talented Fainu to make his debut in the back row this week

I do agree with you when you say
Quote faster opponents have buzzed past Parker on more than one occasion End quote

Last edited:
I do not see a redeeming quality of making fun of our selves as a consolation to a brain expulsion that leads to a opposition try in an embarrassing high score loss
"Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" Elbert Hubbard

This is a footy forum in which we all have differing opinions. Assuming one's own opinion is correct at all times is not conducive to personal happiness (IMO).

"Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" Elbert Hubbard

This is a footy forum in which we all have differing opinions. Assuming one's own opinion is correct at all times is not conducive to personal happiness (IMO).
We have not won a Premiership since 2011 and Elbert Hubbard could not give a sht about this
But Passionate Manly fans do and we all want to see another Manly Premiership win when we are alive

Lower our Great Legendary clubs high standards and we stand for nothing Great

Have a Great day feathered friend

What does the jovially excuse for that kick have to do with the wing position for a so called TEAM PLAYER like parker who supposedly does what is best for the team ?

What was Best for the TEAM was to try and attempt to catch the bomb instead of that inexcusable Kung Fu Kick straight to the opposition that resulted in another set of six that led to another try when we were under the pump by the Panthers
In all fairness Bozo, it wasn't a bomb it landed in front of Parker, but he should of attempted to stoop down and gather it in, in truth. He only had a second to decide what to do. So he booted it. These things happen.

In all fairness Bozo, it wasn't a bomb it landed in front of Parker, but he should of attempted to stoop down and gather it in, in truth. He only had a second to decide what to do. So he booted it. These things happen.
It is what it is and this is the forum where we all express our Manly views and our high Manly Expectations
Thanks for your post feathered freind :)

Aloiai needs to love playing more consistent against all teams

He had a great game last week but needs to do it every week

Injury and inconsistent form has plagued him since he came to Manly

This.
People are acting like it was an easy catch, but Parker decided to boot it for $hits and giggles.
Makes you wonder if people actually watch and absorb what's happening, or just run straight to their keyboard.

An update from the District Club. If you’re not already a member, I strongly recommend to you that you join:

MWRLFC_logo.png
APRIL 2023 MWRLFC BOARD UPDATE
Hi (name withheld at my request;))
Given it’s already the back half of April, we thought it was time to give you a bit of an update on all things MWRLFC related.
71234436_crokerl-try-celeb-230414-gp2_7049_2023414182014.jpg

Lachlan Croker dives over for the winning try against the Storm courtesy of a Taniela Paseka offload
Photo courtesy of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles​
The Footy
Firstly, how good was last Friday night’s win against the Storm! It was as tough and as tense as they come, and it was great to see the team defending “The Fortress” for all it was worth.
The debut of ‘Manly boy’ Aaron Woods who became player number #643 was a highlight. We thought he’d snuck in for a memorable try on debut but, sadly, was denied by a controversial bunker decision. Congratulations to the entire team for picking themselves up after the Penrith loss and the disappointing draw against Newcastle in Mudgee.
Congratulations also to Cooper Johns and Kelma Tuilagi who joined an elite list by becoming player numbers #641 and #642 respectively. They have already made their mark on the field with the Sea Eagles.
Tomorrow’s match against Wests Tigers at Campbelltown has danger written all over it. As any rugby league supporter knows, playing a winless team coming off the bye is sure to be difficult, but we are buoyed by the return of our x-factor Josh Schuster and the ever-classy Reuben Garrick returning from concussion.
We will also see the NRL debut of young Samuela Fainu who will become player number #644 - we hope Samuela has a long and successful career with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.
Good luck to the team.​
Haumole%20on%20Olam.jpg

Brookvale Oval shook as Haumole and Josh hit Storm centre Justin Olam
Upcoming Home Games - Titans and Sharks
Off the back of our three home wins against Bulldogs, Parramatta and Storm, the next two home games at 4 Pines/Brookvale are shaping up to be beauties, firstly the Titans on Saturday 29 April at 5.30pm followed two weeks later on Sunday 14th of May (Mothers’ Day) at 4pm with the clash against our old beaches rival, the Cronulla Sharks.
It was the crowd that helped get the team home against the Storm so come and support the team again when they take on the Titans and Sharks at 4 Pines/Brookvale. Buy your tickets HERE.​
71235057_manly-crowd-230414-gp2_6054_2023414182014.jpg

The Brookvale Oval crowd cheers Manly home

1973 Grand Final 50-Year Celebration
The Sharks home game is particularly significant. The Club will be commemorating 50 years since the brutal 1973 Grand Final win against Cronulla – not only the first-grade team, but also the reserve grade team who defeated St George.
Along with the champions of the first-grade team (too many to name), the ’73 reserve grade team, also featured local juniors who would go on to become first grade champions themselves, including - five eighth and MWRLFC Board Member Alan Thompson, future Kangaroos Captain Max Krilich and MWRLFC Life Member Gary Thoroughgood.
Along with it being Golden Eagles Day featuring former players, there will be special events held at the Leagues Club including all current players from the three grades - NRL, NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg - going back to the Leagues Club after the game. Stay tuned for more details.
The players will also be going back to the Leagues Club after the Titans match so if you want to see your favourite players in person head to the Leaguesy for a drink and meal after the game.
**On a sad note, the MWRLFC notes the recent passing of Lynne Jones, wife of our first Grand Final winning Captain the late great Fred Jones. Our condolences to the Jones family.​
GF%2773.jpg

MWRLFC Caps for sale
We still have some of the special edition white MWRLFC Caps for sale (pictured below). You can buy them at the Leagues Club when you visit before or after the home games (or anytime really) or via the link below. Great value for $30 (plus postage if you’re not within easy driving distance of the Leagues Club).
You can buy it below.​
https://buy.stripe.com/3cs16P6It2dJ4i46oo

Membership Card
By now you should all have received your MWRLFC Heritage Membership Card – this year featuring none other than the great Terry ‘Igor’ Randall to add to the special collection of previous cards.​
We have already decided on next year’s card which is sure to be a particular favourite!
If you haven't received your card, contact [email protected]

Membership Renewal
For anyone who hasn’t renewed, there’s still time. If you want to retain your membership continuity for the purposes of voting, you should renew before 30 April 2023. Click below to renew your membership.
If you have any trouble with the online system or haven’t received your membership card, you can call Julie Sibraa on 0413 386 418 or email her at [email protected].

Why be a member of the MWRLFC?
The MWRLFC Ltd is a minority owner of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles. We have our origins in the original Club formed in 1946. We have former players as members and the sons and daughters of foundation members and former players. We have members who have been part of our Club for over 50 years.
When the Club was privatised in 2004, it was agreed by all involved that the MWRLFC would hold a Preference Share. This gives our Club and you, the members, the right to determine the Club’s name, colours, where we play and two seats on the Sea Eagles board. Your ongoing membership helps keep our Club strong.
We have a united and committed Board led by none other than our Chairman Cliff Lyons, along with the two Thommos (Alan and Ian), Julie Sibraa (Leagues Club Chair), Scotty Wilcox, Nick Curulli and of course our walking Sea Eagles encyclopaedia – Alf Czharn.
ca0f09e13b6743a7b57083ae987b3829.png
Manly Trainer Alex Ross receives his Life Membership of the MWRLFC at the most recent AGM supported by Life Members Max Krilich and Warwick Bulmer and 2022 Roy Bull Best and Fairest winner Lachlan Croker.​
Support the Manly Leagues Club and the newly refurbished
Dee Why Bowling Club
The Manly-Warringah Rugby Leagues Club was established in 1957 with the predominant purpose of supporting rugby league in the district, including of course the Manly Sea Eagles themselves.
Although the Club has been through some tough times financially over the last decade or so, its commitment to rugby league (particularly junior rugby league) has never wavered. Under the careful operational management of CEO Julien Bova the Club’s fortunes have improved and this year, for the first time in a while, the Club has been able to sponsor the Sea Eagles as a Senior Partner.
The great working relationship the Club has with the Sea Eagles and CEO Tony Mestrov has enabled this partnership to happen, which also means the return to the good old days of the Team coming back to the Club following afternoon home games. It's great for the fans, the Leagues Club and the Sea Eagles. Having a drink or a meal at the Leagues Club supports the Club and the Sea Eagles!
The Manly Leagues Club has also amalgamated with the Dee Why Bowling Club in Fisher Road North. The DY Bowling Club is a lovely, small Club recently refurbished by the Leagues Club with a nice outlook over the greens and the trees bordering the property. It's great for Saturday and Sunday lunch, afternoon drinks, and of course dinner while you watch the footy. The Club also has barefoot bowling which Sea Eagles players Haumole Olakau’atu, Toff Sipley, Ethan Bullemor and Morgan Boyle enjoyed at the “Day on the Green” in February. So if you live locally or are visiting from out of town, drop in, you will love it!​
leagues%20club.jpg
Manly Leagues Club 2023 Sponsorship Announcement​
Bully%20bowling.jpg
Ethan Bullemor gets some lawn bowling practice at the Dee Why Bowling Club's 'Day on the Green'.​
morgan_dy%20bowling%20club.jpg
Morgan Boyle gives the newly refurbished Dee Why Bowling Club the thumbs up!​
IMG_3939.JPG
It was a fantastic 'Day on the Green' at the Dee Why Bowling Club​

Sea Eagles Foundation
The Sea Eagles Foundation is a great initiative to support junior rugby league, specifically the pathway for Sea Eagles junior development players to transition into NRL and NRLW players. The Foundation specifically targets:
  • Junior representative squads
  • Male and female academy programs
  • Tarsha Gale Cup
  • Lisa Fiola Cup
  • Talent identification programs
You can make a stand-alone or recurring, tax-deductible donation of any amount to help ensure the long-term success of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, both on and off the field.
All donations are greatly appreciated and have a direct impact on the Club.​
team-shot-1plp2098.jpg
Manly Sea Eagles first ever Tarsha Gale Cup team:
Back-row (l-r) Cailan Mamea, Taleenza Nelson, Oshiana Leota, Tafao Asaua, Aaliyah Haumono, Wanita Leatherby, Maraea Toia, Sophia Addington, Lauren Beaton, Jordan Fenbow;
Front-row (l-r) Alicia Weir, Luciana Coria-Bates, Shahana Lasini-Rite, Chelsea Smyth, Ana-Sofima Seia Perez (c), Ellah Hughes, Tahlee Maroney, Emma Louise Felise
©David Hossack /NRL Photos​
Donate to the MWRLFC
Donations to the Football Club are always welcome. Additional revenue helps offset some of our admin costs and producing the Annual Report. The more money we have left over, the more we can use to help the Sea Eagles by purchasing shares or other assistance.​
Till next time...
GO MANLY!!!
Your Board
Cliff Lyons (Chairman)
Alan Thompson
Ian Thomson
Julie Sibraa
Scotty Wilcox
Nick Curulli
Alf Czharn​

What’s the gist of the story? Some of us don’t have Telegraph accounts and they’re a challenging paper to access via a ‘paywall buster’ app.
Fulton was coaching a junior game - apparently disagreement with opposition fan who then hit him or something like that

We have not won a Premiership since 2011 and Elbert Hubbard could not give a sht about this
But Passionate Manly fans do and we all want to see another Manly Premiership win when we are alive

Lower our Great Legendary clubs high standards and we stand for nothing Great

Have a Great day feathered friend
Its all perspective though isn't it.

For mine I don't really see Veaga as a consistent long term first grader so I'd argue you are lowering your standards by calling for his inclusion.

We all have different views on players.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8