Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is an article from December - but it does give a list of who is in our train and trial squad (apologies if posted elsewhere). It will be interesting to see who of these players is listed for the two trial matches:

SEA EAGLES

Top 30 spots to fill:

Available development contracts: 2

AUSTIN DIAS (prop)
At 198cm and 107kg Austin Dias cuts an imposing figure. The 24-year-old joined Manly from the Wests Tigers, where he was on a train-and-trial for all of last season. A reliable forward that was rewarded with an NRL debut and eight more games this year.

JACKSON FERRIS (centre)
The former Shark was a part of Newtown’s 2019 NSW Cup premiership-winning team but spent all of last season playing for Ron Massey Cup feeder side Glebe Dirty Reds. With his 2020 NRL debut Ferris’ only first grade game, the 24-year-old is looking to reinvigorate his career.

DEAN MATTERSON (second row/lock)
The younger brother of Eels star Ryan Matterson joins Manly after co-captaining Mounties in NSW Cup last season. The 24-year-old can play both on an edge or in the middle and has a handy 61 games of worth of reserve grade experience under his belt.

NATHANIEL ROACHE (hooker)
After a horror run of injuries, the 26-year-old is hoping for a change in luck. Roache progressed through the Warriors’ system before joining the Eels on a development deal in 2021. Sadly a serious knee injury ruled him out of the entire 2022 season but he’s back — and provides Manly with some much-needed depth at hooker.

JOSH STUCKEY (prop/second row/lock)
The Queanbeyan product played under 20s with the Raiders before joining Northern Pride in the Queensland Cup and being named Second-rower of the Year in 2021. The 24-year-old, who stands at 192cm and weighs 104kg, spent last season on a train-and-trial contract with the Bulldogs.

Consider that confirms the 30 then, Johns beats out Roache, Matterson, Stuckey, etc for that spot in the 30.

Poor Nathaniel.
There are apparently a few clubs scrambling to fill their roster spots before the March deadline - no doubt a lot of player traffic before then - hopefully they get a gig somewhere.

Saab looks bigger than last year. He's obviously tall (and still tall ;)), but he looks more filled out. Schmole next to him is 113 kgs, and Saab only looks a shade or two slimmer. Fifita is 112 kgs, and Saab looks like a slimmer, taller version. Saab may be up to 107 or 108.

Doesn't matter, just hoping he can still (eventually) run like blazes, score tries, take bombs, get the ball out of the danger zone effectively and safely.

Also interesting to see who pulled their 'I'm not smiling - serious business faces'. Maybe those individuals are the mean gang some are hoping for this year.

There are apparently a few clubs scrambling to fill their roster spots before the March deadline - no doubt a lot of player traffic before then - hopefully they get a gig somewhere.
Be good to see our new coaches picking up a couple for blacktown for a change. Start bring together the style of players they want moving forward and actually add to our depth.

Saab looks bigger than last year. He's obviously tall (and still tall ;)), but he looks more filled out. Schmole next to him is 113 kgs, and Saab only looks a shade or two slimmer. Fifita is 112 kgs, and Saab looks like a slimmer, taller version. Saab may be up to 107 or 108.

Doesn't matter, just hoping he can still (eventually) run like blazes, score tries, take bombs, get the ball out of the danger zone effectively and safely.

Also interesting to see who pulled their 'I'm not smiling - serious business faces'. Maybe those individuals are the mean gang some are hoping for this year.
Based off serious face I wouldn't mess with Saab Guac or Tippytoes.

With Sipley ( not there ) I think counted 34.

So which 4 aren’t in the 30 ??

I assume John’s has been added to the 30, not fighting for a spot , which I find interesting as we have young Jamie to full that role and we all think hooker is more important so thought Roache may have git that spot.

Zorba did do good this game , tough as nails effort in the 2 nd row . Went all right as a prop as well at different stages in his career also . Footy journalism and commentary , different matter entirely but hardly going to influence matters too much in the overall Manly scene . . .
Mate , No one can please everyone and neither can Zorba

WE are all loved by someone and that is all that matters

With Sipley ( not there ) I think counted 34.

So which 4 aren’t in the 30 ??

I assume John’s has been added to the 30, not fighting for a spot , which I find interesting as we have young Jamie to full that role and we all think hooker is more important so thought Roache may have git that spot.
Just to remind me - how many development players can we have?

Zorba , good footy career, good involvement with the club / media on retirement , BUT should have retired 20 years ago.

Irrelevant now and needs to be controversial to stand out.
Manly Premiership Winning Legends are Never Irrelevant feathered friend

Have a Great day :)

To Win a Grand final is the Ultimate honour for your club and its supporters
Nothing comes close

Cliff Lyons - National Rugby League Hall Of Fame - Hall of Fame

Gee AOA right knee looks like he's just left the surgery room. I'm feeling sore just looking at it.
Maybe still sedated? Could explain the look on his face. I hope he has a very big year, because without him we lack experience up front.
It's a big team overall though, Condon and Haumole are giants but they don't even stand out next to those other big boys there. Tuitavake the exception, a pocket battleship model. Lots of untapped talent there, we'll soon see what Seibs flanno & Dymock are made of.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4