Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Noticed the boyz got Danny weidler to shave his head also for $500 when he was there reporting - well played lads!

When asked about last year's 'Pride Round', Josh said it was in the past and group hadn't been talking about it. When asked about Vlandy's suggestion of a 'Respect Round', he said he really likes the idea.

“We were always going to look at a Respect Round,” V’landys said. “What a Respect Round is, is that it respects everyone’s views. We might not agree with them, but we respect them.

“So if we were going to do anything we were going to do a Respect Round. It wasn’t going to be a Pride Round because then you alienate other people. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive game. To be an inclusive game you have to respect everyone’s view.”

I really wish Dessie hadn't extended this bloke. Can't stand a bar of him.
I get your view , but I wonder does that relate to his involvement with the pride round last year ??

The reason I ask , is that just because he was the spokesperson at the time it doesn’t mean he was the instigator.

He was the most senior ( in age ) of the 7 ( or was it 9) so it’s natural he’s be the person that was chosen to front to the media.

If it’s because of his general “ vibe “ then fair enough , we can’t like everyone in life but I find him “ ok”, certainly not a favourite but he’s ok in my opinion.

I get your view , but I wonder does that relate to his involvement with the pride round last year ??

The reason I ask , is that just because he was the spokesperson at the time it doesn’t mean he was the instigator.

He was the most senior ( in age ) of the 7 ( or was it 9) so it’s natural he’s be the person that was chosen to front to the media.

If it’s because of his general “ vibe “ then fair enough , we can’t like everyone in life but I find him “ ok”, certainly not a favourite but he’s ok in my opinion.
nice post

he was also already taking a leadership role also amongst his peoples with youth crime etc which probably pushed him in the spotlight. whoever decided not to play belongs to every individual regardless of his example or choice

manly is my team , but they got it wrong badly. the players reactions were valid in there eyes. des supported them. what unfolded in the club from then on as a result belongs to everyone involved

nice post

he was also already taking a leadership role also amongst his peoples with youth crime etc which probably pushed him in the spotlight. whoever decided not to play belongs to every individual regardless of his example or choice

manly is my team , but they got it wrong badly. the players reactions were valid in there eyes. des supported them. what unfolded in the club from then on as a result belongs to everyone involved
Yes the management team really really ****ed that up badly last year.

I doubt that those issues would happen under Mestrov.

And I’ll continue to say ( opinion only ) that blame shouldn’t be attributed 100% to Josh.

I thought he handled that interview well. I can only judge the players by the way they play and the way they conduct themselves when under the spotlight. I hope Josh produces solid consistent performances on the field this year.
He , like many , really need to lift in 2023 for us to be more successful.

Jake can’t do it all.

I have nothing against his stance on the pride round. I blame the club for that fiasco.
However, I don't like the grubbiness of the way he plays. He gives away stupid penalties and is more a liability than an asset.
From a purely footballing viewpoint, he is my least liked Sea Eagle....
Oh, and that Penn bloke.

Not the pride round but I’ve been around long enough to understand the influence an older person can have on the younger ones, especially when he positions himself as a future minister of religion.
For me he is just a damaging voice, not only for his gay stuff but also his very strong anti abortion stuff. Fine if they’re just his beliefs, but his need to preach about it all is very damaging for young women who find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy as well as the young gays trying to figure themselves out.
I also didn’t like his arrogance when he left the Tigers and, to top it all off, he’s not a great player and a bit of a grub who is injured a lot.
No worries, my Manly support occasionally runs into having to barrack for someone I wouldn’t give the time of day to … think Les Boyd and Hoppa to name two.

Last edited:
Not the pride round but I’ve been around long enough to understand the influence an older person can have on the younger ones, especially when he positions himself as a future minister of religion.
For me he is just a damaging voice, not only for his gay stuff but also his very strong anti abortion stuff. Fine if they’re just his beliefs, but his need to preach about it all is very damaging for young women who find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy as well as the young gays trying to figure themselves out.
I also didn’t like his arrogance when he left the Tigers at, to top it all off, he’s not a great player and a bit of a grub who is injured a lot.
No worries, my Manly support occasionally runs into having to barrack for someone I wouldn’t give the time of day to … think Les Boyd and Hoppa to name two.
Thats one seriously good response. I dont follow players at all outside of footy but i share your disgust personally. its naive at best but ugly to judge others

eg
in florida a pregnant woman has been charged with murder i read, and the laywers are arguing the unborn child is being held for no reason. Not sure what the end game is but based on the Roe v wade case and findings.

I also didn’t like his arrogance when he left the Tigers at, to top it all off, he’s not a great player and a bit of a grub who is injured a lot.
With all his bluff and bluster of being an aggressive forward leader when he first arrived he's been somewhat dissapointing imo.

I'm sure @The Wheel will post it shortly so I won't but just a heads up on what I think is a very good members message I just received in the in box from Tony Mestrov. Makes me even more excited about the coming first round and hope we do get a packed house. Go Manly!!
Agree.
One small question it raised for me, is training 100% at Brookie (Four Pines) now?

Bill Knowles explains how he transformed Mitchell and Trbojevic

Renowned American rehab and conditioning expert Bill Knowles has explained his unique approach in working with injured athletes to get them back to their peak.

Knowles, who has worked with the likes of Andy Murray, Tiger Woods and Peyton Manning, has recently gained fame in the world of rugby league after working with latrell Mitchell, Tom Trbojevic and Ryan Papenhuyzen following their injuries.

Knowles said that whilst repairing the body is an aspect to his program, his main focus is on changing the mindset of athletes towards their injuries.

“Coming back from these injuries, it’s not just about the science of what we see,” Knowles said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“Athletes are often defined in the world that they live in by their injury.

“I don’t see it that way. I look it at the other way.

“We need to pull them out of their injury and look back at it. The injury doesn’t control you and your destiny.

“You have to approach it differently and change their focus and then they realise there is more to them and their preparation other than the medical issue.

“It’s also not about how much weights that you can lift but how much strength you can use.

“I often ask athletes whether they are a runner or if they run for their sport.

“A rugby league player doesn’t dedicate their life to running so they might be very good at running but not world class runners.

“Knee and hamstring injuries are based on change of direction issues, not just linear running speed.”

In the case of Mitchell and Trbojevic, the pair had to change the way they ran as it would cause a recurrence of soft tissue injuries.

Knowles also rejects the idea of giving an athlete a time frame in their recovery as it is not a good assessment on whether a player has fully healed.

“There are too many cases where it’s a four to six week injury and only for an athlete to come back and re-injure themselves within a week or two,” he said.

“I’m just not going down that rabbit hole of what the exact time frames are.

“What I look at is restoring ‘athletic normal’.

“When are you able to accelerate, decelerate, change directions, cut, pivot, hop on one leg and lift the same weights that you were before the injury.

“When you start doing all those things with the absence of apprehension or pain, once you get to that place, you have arrived (at athletic normal).

“You then need a pre-season to own ‘athletic normal’ in order to show sustainability when you get back to competition.

“We have to be sensitive that we have to give athletes more time (with their injuries) because the reinjury rates are too high.”

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6