Club News 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hopoate Cup, Utah

Thank you for posting @40 nil

A Premiership Win for Manly
A Cup Honored in their name in America
The Hopoate family Keeps on keeping on
1709884582903.png

I know that pack of flogs have history at M-W - and there is another son in the system (presumably awaiting a ‘better deal’ elsewhere) - however why is that article in the club news thread?

There was no mention of Manly in Walter Bradley’s piece.

I wonder if the Hopa Poke is being included in the secret training techniques?
It is time to do the Hoppa Pokey feathered
All together now !

Put your right finger in,
take your right finger out.
Put your right finger in,
and you shake it all about.
You Do the Hoppa Pokey and you turn yourself around, that’s what it’s all about!

Thank you so much for this Inspirational Heart Felt Manly story @The Wheel

Since 1947 Our Legendary club Manly has been inspiring and enriching Many lives

One of our latest and Greatest New Manly life is the Incredible Journey of Jack Manly Griffiths

May God bless our latest Manly Inspiration Jack Manly Griffin and his ,lovely Manly family with Good health , Happiness and Prosperity
And God Bless our Inspirational club the Manly Sea Eagles :h:
Picture Compliments Manly Media
Pi
1710204805923.png

Can anyone explain why two of the four entry gates at Brookie don't open until 2.30pm?
11.45am: Ken Arthurson Entry Gates open
12pm: Jersey Flegg Kick-off: Sea Eagles v Sydney Roosters
1.45pm: NSW Cup Kick-off: Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles vs Sydney Roosters
2.30pm: Gates open (Pine Avenue and North Gate)
4.05pm: NRL Kick-off: Sea Eagles v Sydney Roosters

Can anyone explain why two of the four entry gates at Brookie don't open until 2.30pm?
11.45am: Ken Arthurson Entry Gates open
12pm: Jersey Flegg Kick-off: Sea Eagles v Sydney Roosters
1.45pm: NSW Cup Kick-off: Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles vs Sydney Roosters
2.30pm: Gates open (Pine Avenue and North Gate)
4.05pm: NRL Kick-off: Sea Eagles v Sydney Roosters
Saving on staff costs because hardly anyone turns up till an hour before first grade.

No mention of Lodge being injured and how his rehab is going.

I guess he is fit and ready to play 🙃
Agree, Lodge is a glaring omission from the 'Injury Update'.

Have to assume he's fit and ready....we wish!

Agree, Lodge is a glaring omission from the 'Injury Update'.

Have to assume he's fit and ready....we wish!

MANLY SEA EAGLES

PLAYER ISSUE RETURN
Josh Schuster Calf Round 3
Toafofoa Sipley Suspension Round 3
Matt Lodge Knee Round 6
Jason Saab Hamstring Round 7

Sea Eagles injury news:

Josh Schuster was ruled out of Manly's season opener as he continues to battle a calf injury. The 22-year-old will make his return via NSW Cup this weekend.

Toafofoa Sipley copped a three-week ban for a crusher tackle on Dom Young. The Manly forward will miss the opening rounds of the season.

Matt Lodge suffered an ACL injury late last year but is expected to be back on deck a month or so into the new campaign.

Jason Saab suffered a hamstring injury late in his side's opening victory over the Bunnies in Vegas. He is expected to be sidelined for six weeks in a big blow for the Sea Eagles.

This can go here. From Iain Payten at the SMH:

Seibold thinking: Why an NRL coach views rugby as more friend than foe​

By Iain Payten

March 13, 2024 — 5.00am

It’s fair to say Anthony Seibold has a different relationship to rugby union than most NRL coaches.It’s not just that Seibold coached at the highest level of rugby with the England Test team, after being cut adrift by the Brisbane Broncos in 2020. Or that Seibold’s experience under Eddie Jones “helped re-ignite my love of coaching and my career”, which in turn led to a return to the no-prisoners world of the NRL.

But since taking over at the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at the end of 2022, Seibold has done something unusual for an NRL coach; most of whom think of rugby as a rival, if they think about it at all.

Seibold has not only maintained his interest in the 15-man game, he has actively fostered relationships with rugby, and specifically the NSW Waratahs, in the pursuit of finding an edge for the Sea Eagles.

That much was clear when Seibold was spotted in the Waratahs’ coaches’ box last Friday, watching on as NSW lost a thriller in their Super Rugby clash at Allianz Stadium.

After Manly kicked off round one with a win in Las Vegas, Seibold had a rare free weekend and accepted an invitation into the Waratahs’ inner sanctum from coach Darren Coleman. After Seibold’s visit he returned the courtesy, with Coleman sitting in with Manly during a win over the Bulldogs last season.
Manly coach Anthony Seibold in the back row of the Waratahs’ coaches box, with Jason Gilmore (left) and Darren Coleman (right) in the front row.

Manly coach Anthony Seibold in the back row of the Waratahs’ coaches box, with Jason Gilmore (left) and Darren Coleman (right) in the front row.CREDIT: STAN SPORT

“I really enjoyed it. I felt for the Waratahs because I felt they’d done enough to win,” Seibold said.

“There was a lot to like about how they hung tough, after tough starts to both halves. I enjoyed it. There were a couple of key learnings out of that. Obviously with my background, I really enjoy rugby union.

”I keep a pretty close eye on Super Rugby and Six Nations, and given we had started our year early over in Vegas, I had the weekend off so ‘DC’ [Coleman] offered to return the favour and have me in the box. I was just there doing some PD (professional development) and having a look at how the Tahs prep and see what their comms are like during the game with the coaching staff.

“We are always looking to get better and if there is one thing you can take away from it, it’s a positive.”
Anthony Seibold spent two years with the England rugby team.

Anthony Seibold spent two years with the England rugby team.CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES

It continued a cross-code coaching relationship forged early last year, when the Sea Eagles and the Waratahs did a combined pre-season training session. The Manly coach and senior Waratahs coach Jason Gilmore have also known each other and traded ideas for 10 years, and the latter spent time in Manly’s training camp recently as an observer.

“I really like the Waratahs coaching staff, we have done a bit together over the last 14-15 months. We did the session last year and also sent over [hooker] Lachlan Croker and Mick Ennis, one of our assistant coaches, to the Tahs to do some work with their nines [halfbacks] in the pre-season,” Seibold said.

Seibold also arranged for the Waratahs to join in a working partnership Manly have with AFL side Carlton, and the Melbourne United NBL team. Coaches regularly visit each other or catch up on Zoom to discuss coaching issues.

At a time when the NRL and Super Rugby are eyeing each other’s stars, Seibold laughs when asked if “no poaching” disclaimers have had to be agreed upon, with all this box swapping and scope for training ground espionage.
Daly Cherry-Evans takes on the Waratahs defence at a combined session in 2022.

Daly Cherry-Evans takes on the Waratahs defence at a combined session in 2022.CREDIT: WARATAHS MEDIA

From the Tahs game, however, he singled out the impact of Izzy Perese – a former charge at the Broncos – and Max Jorgensen, who is being chased by the Roosters. Seibold also liked the work of Triston Reilly, who spent a year at the Wests Tigers.

But Seibold is more interested in poaching rugby tactics than players. Going against a rugby league tide that views rugby’s gameplay as indecipherably foreign, Seibold returned from England with insight into ways it can help a league team.

“A lot of the basic principles in unstructured play are very similar. One of the things for league, and you are starting to see it now, is contestable kicking and contestable drop-outs, that’s been heavily influenced by rugby union. In rugby there are so many more contests. League is a game of continuity, whereas rugby is a game of contest,” Seibold said.

“Things about how do you create contests in league are something I have thought a lot about since I came back.
The Sea Eagles score against the  Rabbitohs at Allegiant Stadium.

The Sea Eagles score against the Rabbitohs at Allegiant Stadium.CREDIT: NRL IMAGES

“The other one is, in league probably the last 30 years we have had left and right centres, but in union they don’t do that. So we are trying to find ways where we can unlock our centres [together] and unlock our halves, rather than keep them on the opposite side. That’s where we can get some takeaways from rugby as well.”

Seibold also used his learning with England to help Manly book ultimately successful travel plans for Las Vegas.

But some things in footy are the same, no matter the code – like pressure on the coach to keep his job. Seibold said he had sympathy for the plight of Coleman, whose future as Waratahs head coach is set to be decided in coming weeks.

“You never want to see another coach under pressure, but DC knows what he is doing mate,” he said.

“He’s a good coach. I am always there to offer support if he wants a chat.”

Surely this won't be the case on Sunday where a full house is expected, yeah, it's puzzling alright.
This Sunday we get the chance to watch our lower grades, including checking on The Shoe, yet the club doesn't open certain entrance gates until the matches are over!
Madness.

This Sunday we get the chance to watch our lower grades, including checking on The Shoe, yet the club doesn't open certain entrance gates until the matches are over!
Madness.

Really? Have we become so precious that we complain about everything.

How many people do you think will be turning up to Brookie before 2:30 pm? 500? 1000?

Not that hard to enter through the two open gates before 2:30.

Madness.
It's like we're locked into the past for all the wrong reasons.

Really? Have we become so precious that we complain about everything.

How many people do you think will be turning up to Brookie before 2:30 pm? 500? 1000?

Not that hard to enter through the two open gates before 2:30.
Does this happen at other grounds, probably not. Just makes sense to open all the gates at the same time. Anyways, that's my take on it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10