Clubs vent fury as ASADA backs off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rex said:
So what you are saying Hamster, is that it wasn't ASADA, and not the NRL, but the media, and some self-serving clubs, who were the messengers.

i.e. If the clubs stuck together then no club would have been named.
And if the media didn't have it's feeding frenzy, then no club would have been named.

It is ironic - and par for the course - that the media have pointed the finger at ASADA, and the NRL, to divert attention away from their own central role in tarnishing the names of the clubs. And people fall for this once again? Seriously? How gullible?

Had to laugh at a certain journalist today demanding that ASADA issue apologies to the clubs for the damage done to the brand of the clubs involved. I guess we'll expect ASADA's apology straight after this journalist apologises to Brett Stewart for what he had said, and what his organisation had said, that was untrue and damaging.

... still waiting.

It is clear what I said; that the process allowed the clubs to be outed.

I would like to one day visit your utopia world where clubs will NOT deny they are in the report, even if they aren't, and thus are willing to wear the context discussed in the article; clubs smeared unnecessarily in the aftermath.

Your gullibility in assuming and accepting the manner in which this broke, to then place the blame on the one quarter who's job it is to report on news, is breathtaking.

None of the media response is a surprise to anybody. If the release, if deemed absolutely necessary, was handled better by those that should have known better of the impacts of talking during an ongoing investigation and the limitations that imposes, we would likely have seen the media better manage the facts instead of being left to join random dots in an attempt to build a picture.

Sue them all! Money for everyone!

And nice to read we're in the clear.

But as I posted all along I expected nothing else.

SPORTS scientist Stephen Dank is taking embattled NRL club Cronulla to court over allegations Sharks players were injected with horse drugs.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/stephen-dank-sues-cronulla-sharks-over-nrl-drugs-allegations/story-fnca0von-1226607435126

If Dank's case is upheld, then who pays the damages, Irvine or the Cronulla club?
The doctor has had his reputation sullied by a lot more people than just Irvine/Cronulla. Perhaps if he wins this case then others will follow.

If Cronulla have to pay Dank out than they are in trouble, and no sporting team in Australia will hire Dank ( in the short to medium term anyway). Cronulla begged the four they sacked not to sue them because of their financial situation.

The Who said:
...The doctor has had his reputation sullied by a lot more people than just Irvine/Cronulla...
So the thing I want to know with Danksie ... is he really a doctor, or what?

As an aside the article did state

SPORTS scientist Stephen Dank is taking embattled NRL club Cronulla to court over allegations Sharks players were injected with horse drugs.

So not about peptides

Any charges laid? Danks, players, coaches or otherwise?

Oh yes I forgot, ASADA are building their very strong case based around suspicions.

http://m.sportal.com.au/default.aspx?s=afl-newsdisplay&aid=220924&j=
He is not an accredited sports scientist.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
This is all way too funny. Firstly Rothfield does that inflammatory interview. Second Irvine stands down. And now it has come full circle and the club Rothfield loves could go belly up because of his interview! hahaha

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7