• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He’s doing a tad better than the previous coach!
… and you can understand him in the after game press QandA

Just sayin’
Lol not yet mate, but it is looking promising. I recall 2019 top 6, 2021 top 4. And the previous coach won us a couple of premierships so I'm still waiting for Seibold's first win in literally any division in any capacity. But I hope he gets there champ

I know NRL is about premierships but the reality is, they’re very hard to come by. The great Panthers have 5 in their entire history. Given three were in a row, that’s only 2 outside of that period. Cronulla have a solitary premiership in 67 years. Remove Saints 11 in a row, and they have 5 in the other 80 years.
Therefore, the game has to be about so much more.

That’s why I pay close attention to our win/loss records against particular clubs. Manly has a positive win/loss record against all comers, with the exception of St George.
There a few clubs (Penrith and Souths in particular) who have been bridging that gap considerably over the last 5-6 years. It’s very important that we win against these bogey sides to keep that brilliant ratio in tact. Then you’ve got bogey grounds like Wollongong to consider.

Which brings me to Seibs.

I was critical of his game plan against Saints, but I heard he told the team to play through the middle against Penrith in his half time speech yesterday. So I need to temper my criticism somewhat.

We won in Wollongong last year, beat Souths this year, and finally toppled Penrith. These are difficult achievements.

So, he is doing good things for our club, it seems.

Controversial opinion, coaches influence on finishing position is overrated!!

Now let me clarify.....coaches are a HUGELY important part of the team. The team including everyone from the front office to the kit boy. However, you need all areas of that team firing to win premierships.

Ivan Cleary was amongst the longest serving first grade coaches without a premiership and he now has 3 in a row. He didn't suddenly become a good coach 3 years ago, all the peices fell into place from the roster to the front office, salary cap managment etc etc.

Likewise there was a time when people were starting to put Madges name up with Bellamy and Bennett. Move forward a few years and he is getting the sack from a Tigers situation that just wasn't working.

I'm off on a Sunday tangent here but I do think we make out that everything stems from the coach, success or failure and for mine it is far more nuanced then that.

They are a cog in a machine, one of the most significant cogs but a cog none the less.

Last edited:
Seibold needs to work on getting the team up for the Warriors game, we have a habit of slumping after big games like yesterday’s game
No bigger gulf than the tripe served up at WIN stadium followed by the glory of DCEs party at 4 Pines.

Do we yo-yo in Auckland or are we fair dinkum like rounds 1 and 2 for consistency?

We usually go alright in NZ but the Warriors are more consistent than us and the crowd could get them home.

With the defeat against the Dragoons and how poorly they played still fresh in the front of their minds they will be very aware of not repeating that in the near future..

Yes if anything we will more than likely save our poor performance for the week after against the Titans!
Hopefully the team are not feeling empathy for Des and don’t throw a game to the Titans, still no line break assist or try assist from Foz and Boyd in the 4 games they have played this season.

I like the chances of Manly beating the Titans, I think the Titans will be outsiders in nearly all their games this season, David Fifita and Brimson will need to produce career best games to get them up for a win..

Sorry all for using "Spoonbold". I figure it is pretty derogatory in hindsight, and somewhat unjust, as Brisbane hated him from day one. Darius Boyd undermined him for his entire retirement year. You're never going to win when your halfback is against you.

I was just making a note of his record - that is all. I think he has learnt a lot, but I have PTSD from the Barrett years, with taking gambles on coaches like these. The last thing I want, like probably everyone here, is for us in ten years, to look back at these periods, and ask "we had DCE, Tom, and Jake... And for what?"

In general, I think our coaching recruitment could be a lot better. Just remember 2013, our last charge at the GF, who was on our coaching staff:

Toovey
Brad Arthur
Andrew Johns

But you can't have everything... But you can always do better.

Sure, there are cogs in the machine, aside from just a good coaching staff, a good cultured club is an important part. We finally seem to have an actually decent CEO who won't gamble his paycheck away, or get sacked in a year, and I applaud Mestrov for doing some incredible things to the club. I don't think people rate him highly enough on here. It hasn't just been Seibold who has improved our culture, our team, and our club, undoubtedly Mestrov played a part, and likely a greater part too.

From all I've heard, all of the cogs are in place for us. I still have question marks over the strength of one of them - Seibold, and I think this year will prove his worth. Those questions, you cannot deny, are not unjustly founded. That said, we haven't got a Darius Boyd, we have a great culture and have a great team. We should do alright this year.

I don’t take last year into account , that was Des’s team , this year is more Anthony’ team, so in reality I think year 0, year 1.
Last year was Seibold coached team .. A team that underperformed and missed the finals under both Des and Seibold .

Does anyone know where all the “spoonbold “ critics have gone??

They are missing in action or at least awfully quiet!

Just sayin’
Does any one know why you put this post up this week and not last week after our abysmal loss to the Dragons ?

No passionate poster is missing in action on our Silvertails forum feathered friend
We log on every week and express our views every game

Have a Nice day feathered friend

Whilst we are on Coaches the Titans are in Disarray under Des
No wins from 4 games conceding 28 or more points for an NRL-record high
And the last loss was Des's 10 straight loss in a row
Des is a Manly Legend and one of my favorite Manly players and it is sad to see him decline in his last years at the Dogs , his second coming at Manly and his current capitulation at the Titans

You also have under the pump Demetriou at Souths who has Latrell out of control and has developed a custard culture amongst his playing group

No Excuses as we are all accountable for our choices and decisions we make
Success or failure is every ones responsibility

It's unnecessary & stupid threads like this that drive away posters. Talk about March-April Premiers BS. I rarely post these days, but I am still 100% certain we won't win another Premiership until DCE moves on and I am equally certain we won't win a Premiership with the current coach. That said, I live in hope that I am wrong.

It's unnecessary & stupid threads like this that drive away posters. Talk about March-April Premiers BS. I rarely post these days, but I am still 100% certain we won't win another Premiership until DCE moves on and I am equally certain we won't win a Premiership with the current coach. That said, I live in hope that I am wrong.
Hey Ralphie , Nice to hear from you and hope all is well in your nest feathered friend
Threads should not drive away posters . Every thread is unique and interesting as all Silvertail posters are .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8