Cocaine scandal that almost killed off Titans has helped them sign ace half-back Daly Cherry-Evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I feel sorry for titans actually. Cause in 2 years time they gotta deal with dce and his manager searching for a better deal in the media.

Again this story confirms that the Titans fraudulently made an offer of employment to Evans knowing they were broke.

And the NRL has a history of allowing this kind of thing to occur - see Smith, C (also known at the grub, and Captain 2 contracts) - was allowed to stay at Melbourne despite them having no legal right to offer him a contact at the time they did as they were already well over the cap)

The organisation is corrupt, but what do you expect with Greenberg in a position of power?

With Todd Carney playing well overseas, what chance the NRL signs him to the Gold Coke Titans and declares itself a hero for rehabilitating him?

I feel sorry for titans actually. Cause in 2 years time they gotta deal with dce and his manager searching for a better deal in the media.

You really think DCE will be worth that much in two years time after running near the bottom if the table?

He will glady take the option on the final two years

I have never been as unenthused about the start of the season, because the administration of the game is so shambolic and corrupt. In any professional organisation Greenburg would have been shown the door over the Ben Barba affair. It's simply impossible to expect an employee aligned with one club to overnight govern for the good of the game - in this respect Smith was a positive appointment but his lack of rugby league knowledge has him beholden to the typical working class nuffies who have held the game back for most of its history.

I think my only investment in the game this year (emotionally and financially) will be my ongoing membership with Manly. They deserve the money, because everything else is so overwhelmingly stacked against them.

I question if the Manly administration actually deserve my membership dollars this year considering the parlous decisions on player retentions lately. I haven't renewed my membership this year. First time since 2005.

I see it this way. We have what everyone suggests is the hottest halves combo in the competition, coming into the peak of their careers, and we knew it was going to take serious $$ to keep them. The club has a proud tradition of not hanging on to players for one season too many (history will judge this correctly when it comes to Kite, Watmough and Gift).

This is why the NRL intervention to poach one of these players is so incredibly damaging and could even be pursued legally. We made decisions on player retention based on the mistaken belief it was a level playing field. But the NRL actively wooed a marquee player into another marketplace and in doing so rewarded a club which is a perennial problem. It is utterly unconscionable. It would never happen in the majority of major sporting codes. Could you imagine the NFL getting directly involved with Andrew Luck and trying to lure him to the Miami Dolphins because they're a poorly performed club in a large marketplace? Not going to happen ....

The NRL are just following the AFL blueprint in placing a 'face' on a new Club
ie Folau at GWS and Ablett at the Suns
Hopefully they will continue to help the Titans by buying them GI :rofl:

It is utterly unconscionable. ....

image.jpg

Todd says hi ;)

The NRL are just following the AFL blueprint in placing a 'face' on a new Club
ie Folau at GWS and Ablett at the Suns
Hopefully they will continue to help the Titans by buying them GI :rofl:

Given the meltdown that's occurred here, imagine if the NRL pull a similar stunt with GI! The Burrow would implode...

It'll never happen tho...

after 2 years playing for the gold coast, he won't be worth anything close to a million a year, it'll be the titans hoping he opts out. He's gonna find out real quick being a half back is a lot harder when you don't have matai, foran, snake and lyon catching your passes.

after 2 years playing for the gold coast, he won't be worth anything close to a million a year, it'll be the titans hoping he opts out. He's gonna find out real quick being a half back is a lot harder when you don't have matai, foran, snake and lyon catching your passes.

You don't score tries like THIS, without players like SNAKE.

I posted similar sentiments in another thread.. They're good (Foz & DCE) but geez the guys around them can make them look bloody good as well. You've got blistering speed, scintillating timing, magical hands and mystifying footwork, as well as real heart and commitment running off you: all you need to do is put it in the right spot and they're making you look special.. I mean it's not like they've had nuffies off their shoulders, you're talking Killer, Snake, Gifty, Shoulders et al.. World class ball runners all..

Last edited:
Because the Titans were in talks with the NRL last year about the takeover. The coke scandal just hurried the inevitable announcement and also because the NRL were going to miss out on $CE if they didn't publicly announce it. Also I was speaking to a Titans sponsor last night who said that $CE will actually earn around $6 million over the 4 yrs because of the 3rd party deals the NRL has lined up for him. I was there with some Tigers supporters and they were saying this whole thing stinks. No one has any pity for Manly but they just feel it's a corrupt rigged competition.

Not to mention all the hoe's & blow waiting for him. He won't last. Nothing ever does on the gc

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6