Cody Walker - our next Fullback?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Cody wants an upgraded contract and has given South' s 48 hours or wants an immediate release. Apparently the coach has said he would block any early release.

It was mentioned at a breakfast function this morning that Manly have expressed interest should he obtains an early release.

What do you think? I'm thinking maybe not a bad option

No point if he can't get early release. Even if he does get a release how do we fit him in under cap for this year if he wants serious money ? unless we get Snake and Skivvi cleared for medical retirement.

I don't mind Cody, but long term where would we use him when Tommy is back ? 5/8 to replace Green ??

They mentioned as option at centre as well? Back up is fine. I would have thought he'd be wanting a long term starting position with ego's etc. I couldn't see he wanting a fill in position? Anyway they would pay he more following seasons and start him on less this year. Again, it was suggested there was a spare hundred thousand left in cap this year.

No point if he can't get early release. Even if he does get a release how do we fit him in under cap for this year if he wants serious money ? unless we get Snake and Skivvi cleared for medical retirement.

I don't mind Cody, but long term where would we use him when Tommy is back ? 5/8 to replace Green ??
Agree with you. Would be a fantastic short term option but I'd rather stick with Hastings as our long term half than go with Cody.

Maybe he will replace Taufua on the wing, we seem to want him out, personally don't although Cody Walker, should he want to play there, would be an exception

Maybe Kelly to wing, with both Walkers our centres

Cody Walker has been Souths best this season. Would be a great addition

Nah, we may need a bit more depth in the backline but the 1-7 are pretty good. There is no way we can build depth by offering this guy 6 or 700 k

He would have to be at the expense of another big name and i dont see how that would really improve the team

A good option, but I think he'd be more use to Newcastle where there is greater opportunity and more money to splash around because that club is bankrolled by the NRL.

The lengths player managers will go to, to increase a pay packet. If your playing good footy, and he is, Wait till ya contracts up ya mug.

Cody can play QUALITY half 5/8 and fullback .
He changed managers because he was not happy with the 200k contract .
When you consider quality halves and fullbacks earn up to and above 600k ,his new manager has done the right thing by him asking for more money . Cody is worth at least 400k a season .

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10