Cold Hard Coaching Stats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The difference is that they have proven that they can coach by winning a comp each. Barrett has not even made the finals in any grade. So you are comparing apples with slugs. Actually has Barrett ever won anything? Origin, GF??? Im not sure he has.
You just wouldn't give an L player the keys to your limo.

Have a look at the worst teams in the comp Newcastle coached by ex St.George player and us coached by ex St.George player = losers. Both these blokes were also coached by Brian Smith. Says it all really
When gid Brian Smith coach Barrett?

Bloody hell, just saw the press conference. He went through some players that were out all the way back to kite and king. I didn't think he was gunna stop till he got to Roy Bull and Johnny Bliss.

He played for us and coached reserves and was trainer and assistant coach. He knew what the joint was about. Massive difference.
Don't think he did coach reserves actually. Toovey was under 20's and reserves coach hasler came from not being coach

He was also a product of wests, didn't he finish his career there too?

Don't think he did coach reserves actually. Toovey was under 20's and reserves coach hasler came from not being coach

He was also a product of wests, didn't he finish his career there too?
Pretty sure he coached reserves. He was a penriff product and only finished at wests because Manly didn't want him. Point being he had the Manly culture and knew what made it tick. The similarities between last year, this year and 89/90 are uncanny. Legends being moved on etc. It's all happened before but then they appointed Graham Lowe who had a respected coaching pedigree. Barrett and Cartwright don't fall into that category. And they are replacing a successful coach.

Pretty sure he coached reserves. He was a penriff product and only finished at wests because Manly didn't want him. Point being he had the Manly culture and knew what made it tick. The similarities between last year, this year and 89/90 are uncanny. Legends being moved on etc. It's all happened before but then they appointed Graham Lowe who had a respected coaching pedigree. Barrett and Cartwright don't fall into that category. And they are replacing a successful coach.
Whilst I don't disagree with all of this, I also think he needs more time. We were quick to wave goodbye to Des and turn on him, but his success at all cost attitude is exactly why he left us.

Barrett was an average player and was generally under average coaches.

However Eddie Jones was a very average player but made and is making an outstanding coach again!

He has a very average playing roster and a very unbalanced one. Give him time he is right on a transitional period of legends leaving and at the sunset of a golden age for us. We demand success but that isn't always an instant thing.

I'm willing watch another year of this **** and if there is no improvement after that many heads should roll

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Des_Hasler

Definitely didn't coach reserves. He went straight into being a first grade coach. At the ims Toovey had a little bit of experience and the general feeling was that hasler was going to be a stop gap coach whilst they trained and groomed Toovey. However hasler was instantly successful and won his spot. He even said at the time he didn't plan on being a career coach and was just holding the spot

Whilst I don't disagree with all of this, I also think he needs more time. We were quick to wave goodbye to Des and turn on him, but his success at all cost attitude is exactly why he left us.

Barrett was an average player and was generally under average coaches.

However Eddie Jones was a very average player but made and is making an outstanding coach again!

He has a very average playing roster and a very unbalanced one. Give him time he is right on a transitional period of legends leaving and at the sunset of a golden age for us. We demand success but that isn't always an instant thing.

I'm willing watch another year of this **** and if there is no improvement after that many heads should roll
More so than anything I'm dirty on the way it was done. And the fact that the same lines aren't being trotted out this year eg success driven business blah blah blah. But what you and I say Dan ain't gunna help em win.
Tried to look up dessies coaching record but couldn't find anything on his early years like reserves etc. I'd bet my goolies he coached reserves though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Des_Hasler

Definitely didn't coach reserves. He went straight into being a first grade coach. At the ims Toovey had a little bit of experience and the general feeling was that hasler was going to be a stop gap coach whilst they trained and groomed Toovey. However hasler was instantly successful and won his spot. He even said at the time he didn't plan on being a career coach and was just holding the spot
Where'd you find that?

I lived it man. 2004 was when the site was born and this was one of the hot topics.

It was a fun and interesting time
Haha love it. Ok well I'll need an address to send my goolies?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6