Come in spinner.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have won 1 of 9 games against Top 8 teams this year.

Too early to start congratulating ourselves but hopefully we will keep improving and stay injury-free.

I agree mate - I will still reserve judgement on Baz....

Let's be honest..The last 4 teams we have played are all mud! The true test will be the next 4 games

Yes we have had players injured, but we fair dinkum weren't turning up for most of the season. Great that they are turning it around, but it is like backing a good horse who storms to the line for a great 4th.
If they pull their finger out from round 1 next year and stay consistent, they will be contenders...if not, pretenders again like 2014/15.
J. Lyon in this club is understated. He will be sorely missed

I haven't seen any tactical master strokes or coaching revelations from him. I don't think he has done as well as I would have expected given the squad we have. Sure we've had some injuries but for the bulk of the year we have not delivered satisfactory efforts. We are starting to play a better brand of football this last month, but opposition quality has been below average. If we put in competitive efforts against the top 4 sides to round out the season then I will reassess.

At the moment I can only give Baz a C+ in his first year.

who has offered a master class?

Clearly not Bennett, Green looks worse than baz with only a few injuries, Maj has wont titles he and OS but is looking worse as well.

Flannagan, Bellyache and Stuart are the master coaches this year.

Bellyache and Flannagan are proven cheats and Stuarts has a long list of failures in his resume.

So plenty of arguments against most if not all coaches

I have pretty strong opinions on players once I've seen them play for a while but I struggle to rate coaches. Most coaches obtain a reputation based on a great roster and lucky timing and for me it is hard to determine how much the coach is to blame for a title. How many coaches go on to win a second title either with the same club or another? Hasler appears to be a great coach but the years are rolling by at the Berries and they are just about going backwards. He joined them with a strong roster and has been able to add the players he wanted but in last years finals they looked like amateurish plodders. And while I'm at it Reynolds the Berries 5/8 needs to be moved to hooker. He has no understanding of backline play. Also the old chestnut which rears its head most years , this time from the attackless dragons, of " It's not the coaches fault, he isn't dropping balls and missing tackles" Blah Blah Blah, is just crap. Is that what they say in the job interview? Mary speaking " Pay me a million dollars a year to coach the fire breathing dragons but if they have no attack it's nothing to do with me" Watching them last night I started thinking why not get some of your players deeper and charge on to the ball at a squillion miles an hour on the end of an attacking foray. Attackers seem to be hitting the ball at 70% all the time yet hit up merchants are often at top speed and I don't get it.

A completely rubbish coach with a red V heritage of failure. We will not win a comp with this bloke at the helm..........unless he abandons the "Selection Wheel of Fortune," which has proven to be only marginally better that the "Selection Dartboard" used in the first few rounds.

The Fox pre game show had an great Stat on Ladder Standings and the number of team changes a Coach had made.

Knights 63, Manly next on 50+

The Top 6 Teams had less than half those changes
Based on that, the fewer injury-forced changes the better.
Should we email Trent and let him know?

who has offered a master class?

Clearly not Bennett, Green looks worse than baz with only a few injuries, Maj has wont titles he and OS but is looking worse as well.

Flannagan, Bellyache and Stuart are the master coaches this year.

Bellyache and Flannagan are proven cheats and Stuarts has a long list of failures in his resume.

So plenty of arguments against most if not all coaches
Wasn't expecting a masterclass in his rookie year. But IMO he hasn't got the best out of the resources he has had at his disposal this year. What would you give him out of 10 - A,B,C, D or E ???

I suppose the thing we will never know is how much control Baz actually has over team selections and coaching decisions. There may be too many cooks in the Narrabeen kitchen looking after the broth. Look at the rumours surrounding Seibold's departure - there are issues there it seems.

Wasn't expecting a masterclass in his rookie year. But IMO he hasn't got the best out of the resources he has had at his disposal this year. What would you give him out of 10 - A,B,C, D or E ???

I suppose the thing we will never know is how much control Baz actually has over team selections and coaching decisions. There may be too many cooks in the Narrabeen kitchen looking after the broth. Look at the rumours surrounding Seibold's departure - there are issues there it seems.

Hard to get a read given the injuries but our style seemed to change against the cowboys and has remained that way since. It looked like Baz finally got his own way and had his training wheels removed. Wasn't just player attitudes etc it was tactics, props passing at the line, better shape in attack. This would also indicate he hasn't had the full off season to prep plays etc as well with other people having their fingers in the pie. Siebold adds to that feeling that Baz wasn't running the show.

Also seems to have improved a few fringe players into NRL standard in Green and Williame, a must for any team to win a comp.

So sitting around a 6/10 so far but with 5 rounds remaining and 4 wins needed to make the 8 that could go up.

The Fox pre game show had an great Stat on Ladder Standings and the number of team changes a Coach had made.

Knights 63, Manly next on 50+

The Top 6 Teams had less than half those changes
I would like to know how many of those changes were forced on him and how many ho chose to do. That may surprise you.

Ummm.... ummm... I never did get high school algebra.

Ummm.... ummm... I never did get high school algebra.

Still living in Hong Kong?

I'm heading over from the mainland for a week later this month before I head back home for good.

I'll be there for the match against Melbourne, best place to watch over a few beers and banter?

Email Greenturd about 5 day turnarounds and soft tissue injuries instead.@:mad:

Those stats from last night show a clear correlation between cohesion and ladder standing :cool:
which is how the tv stations who determine the scheduling, "unwittingly" stack the comp in favour of the regularly playing teams. Of course its not deliberate. The fact that that Newscorp own the Broncos and that is a team that is nearly always laying Friday night IS MERE COINCIDENCE. :)

Well the Dalai gave Baz a bit of a lesson last night in coaching. They came with a game plan to beat us and it worked, we couldn't adapt or go with a more willing opposition.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6