come on this is bs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
jjai link said:
[quote author=Wolfpack link=topic=186250.msg311567#msg311567 date=1294873873]
Most players contracts were backended.

It's the nature of the NRL salary cap in the modern league. We put together a great team that made a brilliant Premiership run in 08 & by all rights probably should've won another if not for outside events that influenced the team. Now we're paying for having that great team.

Soon enough it'll even back out & we'll be in a position to spend money to get another great team, it's frustrating that things have to happen in a cycle like that but it seems thats the way that the NRL wants it.
good point wolfy  , but our cycles always are the shortest.. look at broncos  took nearly 12yrs for their cycle to come around & what about melb had they not investigated them who knows how long they would have been going for ... i want st geaorges cycle to end this season thy had their glory they cant wait another 36yrs lol..
[/quote]

The broncos pay lockyer 250K yet he is probably the highest earner in league. They have their thoroughbreds who pay blokes 3rd party but if they leave the bongos im betting the 3rd party contract stops too. The thoroughbreds also get special treatment as individuals in return, just like a sponsor.

It is a pretty easy way to get out of signing up a former player.....we do not have any room in the cap...

Dan link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=186250.msg311558#msg311558 date=1294871588]
Without a major sponsor, do we have the money to meet the cap?
My thoughts exactly.
[/quote]

I have faith in Scott Penn and Quantum working in unison to bolster our clubs cash stocks and rise our brand to the top of its potential

We WILL have a major sponsor,perhaps Lowe has had alot of offers which are just to low for his liking,we cant rush into a 3mil/3yr contract when thats more or less a standard price,we must keep shopping and when we cannot better it then we take the highest offer available at the time

The idea of Lowe as our CEO terrifies me as we had a marvelous businessman in Mayer before him and we expect Lowe to not keep up the good work Mayer had set down for us during his tenure,we are expecting Lowe to not meet the high standards of Mayer and perhaps he will not meet them,perhaps that horse has already ran

I will give him till the trials to have us a major sponsor lined up,however the 2011 jersey might end up with an iron on (Think pepsi) logo of our major sponsor due to what can only be described as milking potential sponsors for every dollar they can muster,this is a business and for our club to thrive we need to take some gambles from time to time,i for one will be buying the 2011 jersey,iron on major sponsor and all

On the negatives of Lowe,we lost our sleeve sponsor Mack as most of you are quiet aware,not any of Lowe's fault,it was replaced by little known AAA Radiators,is a sponsor like this a sign of weakness for our club as a whole or faith from AAA radiators for our sleeves to promote their brand? who knows?

On the positive side we have retained Foran,Lyon,G Stewart,Matai, Watmough and im sure theres one im missing from our superstars,i just cant remember who at this time,we have 3 off season purchases for depth in L Foran and the other 2,we have retained a few top juniors and lost 2 perhaps notable props in JWH and the untested Tasi,both of these were a massive gamble on the part of the roosters and if they dont pay off the roosters have spent alot of cap on nothing,JWH is a cheap shot merchant who will end up spending more time on the sidelines than Matai and Choc combined through suspension and i cannot comment on Tasi as i never seen him doing anything noteworthy however i only watched us vs tigers for toyota cup last year and Cunningham impressed the hell out of me

Another positive note is he didnt chase Hodkinson,perhaps the most unimaginative half in the modern era,15 clubs last year had a better halfback than us and i realise that includes Sandow!

Perhaps some of you wont read this,dismiss it as garbage or whatever but stop being such 2011 half empty kind of guys,the comp is yet to start and we no longer have to suffer Penn and Delmage acting like 5 year olds as our great club suffers as a whole on the basis of an old mans pride vs a young mans ego (I take no sides,they are both our saviours in our times of great need and i love them both for the contributions they have made to our club,but god that feud ****ted me)

Manly will be a force to be reckoned with in 2011 if Singe has done his job well,unlike what he done last year,we have the personel and coach to go all the way,dont live in fear,live in hope

In the worst haircut in modern rugby league we trust

FFS Pacman, how many times do we have to have this same thing posted?

Do you really think that those players aren't gone because they're the expendable ones?
Are you really too stupid to see that we've pretty much kept all the players worth keeping, upped their contracts to ensure they stay & paid for it by offloading the dead wood?

Ok i will cop being called stupid, considering  such a great football brain such as yourself  is giving it to me,And to be honest i dont really care how many people have posted similar comments.This is my first,Sorry to have annoyed or offended you in making such ludicrous comments,Here is the scoop 2008 is over.In 2009: 7th, And  2010: 8th.We then loose another 5 top grade players dead wood as you put it without buying one top grader.Oh excuse me if i mention stewart.Rodney wolfman joe n, Matai  have all got chronic injury concerns.Im then told by stiffi to stop whinging and support our team.Im as passionate a supporter as you will ever see,I also believe our top squad can do some serious damage but our depth in the forwards will be found wanting if we suffer any kind of injury toll,Time will tell if im stupid or if im spot on the money.How will our backrow look if choc and stewart get injured?

Pacman link said:

Do you really think that those players aren't gone because they're the expendable ones?
Are you really too stupid to see that we've pretty much kept all the players worth keeping, upped their contracts to ensure they stay & paid for it by offloading the dead wood?

Ok i will cop being called stupid, considering  such a great football brain such as yourself  is giving it to me,And to be honest i dont really care how many people have posted similar comments.This is my first,Sorry to have annoyed or offended you in making such ludicrous comments,Here is the scoop 2008 is over.In 2009: 7th, And  2010: 8th.We then loose another 5 top grade players dead wood as you put it without buying one top grader.Oh excuse me if i mention stewart.Rodney wolfman joe n, Matai  have all got chronic injury concerns.Im then told by stiffi to stop whinging and support our team.Im as passionate a supporter as you will ever see,I also believe our top squad can do some serious damage but our depth in the forwards will be found wanting if we suffer any kind of injury toll,Time will tell if im stupid or if im spot on the money.How will our backrow look if choc and stewart get injured?

I read till 2009 7th
We came 5th and got bundled out in week one of the finals

I read till 2009 7th
We came 5th and got bundled out in week one of the finals

yes mate your point,7th any way you want to dress it up. 

Fro link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=186250.msg311636#msg311636 date=1294899011]
Fro is in a ball rocking on the ground....

I gave up on some posters long ago guys :)
[/quote]  You'll always have me Fro.

Pacman link said:

Ok i will cop being called stupid, considering  such a great football brain such as yourself  is giving it to me,And to be honest i dont really care how many people have posted similar comments.This is my first,Sorry to have annoyed or offended you in making such ludicrous comments,Here is the scoop 2008 is over.In 2009: 7th, And  2010: 8th.We then loose another 5 top grade players dead wood as you put it without buying one top grader.Oh excuse me if i mention stewart.Rodney wolfman joe n, Matai  have all got chronic injury concerns.Im then told by stiffi to stop whinging and support our team.Im as passionate a supporter as you will ever see,I also believe our top squad can do some serious damage but our depth in the forwards will be found wanting if we suffer any kind of injury toll,Time will tell if im stupid or if im spot on the money.How will our backrow look if choc and stewart get injured?

Give me DCE over any halfback in the comp. At this point he has the potential to be the number one but the price tag of the number 16 in the NRL. If you'd rather pay overs for someone average who'll only ever be that, then yes I find that stupid and offencive and rather conservative.

The injuries to those other guys will hopefully be over. I'd rather risk it & keep them than ditch them & have them play blinders for another club.
Surely the worst thing that can happen in footy is what happened to us with JWH or Parra with Dave Williams. I never want to see another player leave Manly to go on to bigger things elsewhere, regardless of who we think we can buy with the savings. We've kept the best of the group together & put young blokes around them. How is that not the perfect situation?

Shane link said:
5th doesnt instantly change because we got bundled out

The way I see it we officially finished 7th (in front of Drugcastle). For example Parra didn't finish 8th, they finished 2nd after losing the GF.

On another matter, How long do you reckon the official site will still have Josh Perry's picture in  our team??  :eek:  At least Orford has been taken off  ;D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6