Complete New team 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Explain his body type ?
Potential to balloon into a slow endomorph, at the moment he is clinging right in the middle of endomorph and mesomorph.(when fit)

The big improvement in Buhrer's game as he has received more game time is looking less lazy on the field, he still at times looks slow and sluggish when struggling to keep up with the game then at times has a sharp edge when feeling fresh, with good footwork.

He just looks soft more of a natural body, not sculptured fit type, but the days of surviving in this shape and having an impact are numbered.

Things started to sound good for next year. This team could do anything:

1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Hiku
4. Lyon
5. Tom T
6. Bird
7. DCE
8. Jake T
9. Korosiau
10. Myles
11. Mateo
12. Taupau
13. Buhrer

14. Parcell
15. Brown
16. Lussick
17. Knight/Lawrence/Symonds

I hate to say it because we all love the guy and what he's done at Manly, but I can not shake the feeling that 2016 will be one season too many for Steve Matai.

Yes he can still pull off a big hit every now and then. His shot on Dave Tyrrell was the tackle of the year by a long way. But other than those occasions where he can line someone up, he has become a bit of a liability in defence. His shoulders are so heavily taped during games that he can barely lift them past horizontal and often players are able to easily able to brush through his attempted tackles. Then there is the fact that most centres these days are as quick as the wingers and a lot of the younger guys are simply running around him and he doesn't have the pace to go with them.

Don't get me wrong, like I said I know we all love the guy and his 2014 form saw him as one of the best performed centres in the NRL. But that form dropped well off this year and I just get the feeling that with his body being as banged up as it is, next year might be a tough year for him.

I hope Skivy proves me wrong.

Complete new team for next year...

Our NSW cup team is looking awesome given how many players are not new

1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Hiku
4. Lyon
5. Tom T
7. DCE
8. Jake T
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Mateo
12. Symonds
13. Buhrer
14. Hodges
15. Starling

1,2,3,4,5,7,8 safe with 11 & 13 likely
That's 7-9 out of 17 players from 2015....pretty new team 1 would think.
NSW cup, sorry to bring the bad news but also way different...including 20's stepping up.

1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Hiku
4. Matai
5. Trbojevic
6. Lyon
7. DCE
8. Myles
9. Koroisau
10. Trbojevic
11. Mateo
12. Buhrer
13. Taupau
14. Lawrence
15. Brown
16. Lussick
17. Parcell

That is a stacked team. As long as Barrett isn't Ricky Stuart v2.0 we will do really well.

I hate to say it because we all love the guy and what he's done at Manly, but I can not shake the feeling that 2016 will be one season too many for Steve Matai.

Yes he can still pull off a big hit every now and then. His shot on Dave Tyrrell was the tackle of the year by a long way. But other than those occasions where he can line someone up, he has become a bit of a liability in defence. His shoulders are so heavily taped during games that he can barely lift them past horizontal and often players are able to easily able to brush through his attempted tackles. Then there is the fact that most centres these days are as quick as the wingers and a lot of the younger guys are simply running around him and he doesn't have the pace to go with them.

Don't get me wrong, like I said I know we all love the guy and his 2014 form saw him as one of the best performed centres in the NRL. But that form dropped well off this year and I just get the feeling that with his body being as banged up as it is, next year might be a tough year for him.

I hope Skivy proves me wrong.

Sadly I agree, I hate seeing players go one too many but with the big money on offer these days we see it time and time again.

But he's a tough Bugger , so who knows.

Never write off a champion, and Matai is as 'championly championish' as they come.
Got to agree but can see the point of view in relation to speed out wide...with the addition of extra speed across the board inside, should allow Matai less headaches with opposition centre's having less room & time to get outside him.....as for injury, always a chance with the way the hitman plays, but more so to the opposition !

I'm not writing Skivy off by any means and I seriously hope he proves me wrong. But when you think that he probably has one year left in him at best in his career, and then think that we just let go a 21 year old goal kicking speedster who can play just about anywhere in the backline (regardless that he prefers fullback, he'd play wherever they played him)......I'm not so sure it was the right move for the club.

Like I said, I really do hope Skivy proves next year that age shall not weary them.

I'm not writing Skivy off by any means and I seriously hope he proves me wrong. But when you think that he probably has one year left in him at best in his career, and then think that we just let go a 21 year old goal kicking speedster who can play just about anywhere in the backline (regardless that he prefers fullback, he'd play wherever they played him)......I'm not so sure it was the right move for the club.

Like I said, I really do hope Skivy proves next year that age shall not weary them.
The removal of Donnie Singe is a big loss for Matai.I assume Palmer is replacing him and his recent record of keeping players on the field is not too good.Im the same as you and hope he has a great season but......

It pains me to say because he has been so good for Manly, but in hindsight it might have been better to let Skivy go to the Warriors when he asked for a release.

I know its all if and buts......but if that happened we might not have ended up cutting a talented kid like Gutho from the squad.

As he always does (i.e. with no thoughts to self preservation), Skivy put his body on the line for Manly in 2015. But other than his hit on Tyrrell his 2015 season was largely forgettable. I hope its not like that from him in 2016 (the form drop that is) because he deserves to go out a winner.

1,2,3,4,5,7,8 safe with 11 & 13 likely
That's 7-9 out of 17 players from 2015....pretty new team 1 would think.
NSW cup, sorry to bring the bad news but also way different...including 20's stepping up.

So completely new = pretty new.

wish i could completely buy a house paying for only half

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4