CONCERNING STAT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NZEaglesFan

Reserve Grader
Since the Covid break last year – round 4 onwards including the trial against West Tigers and this weeks game, we have played 19 games and, in these games, we have conceded 575 points (average 30.26) and scored 352 points(average 18.53).

Commentators and coaches always say defence is all about attitude and if this is the case then does our stat show “I don’t give a s**t attitude on part of the team.

I know not having Fainu and Tom does not help, but we either need to learn to play without these two or needed to recruit players to cover their spot. Walker is not a fullback and Crocker offers nothing as a starting hooker, but Des should know this already. Does it mean that Des has failed to evolve with the game, and you can see from his selection and signing of players while at Canterbury and since his return to Manly.

I also noticed from the matches I watched in the weekend, all the other teams seem to be running and hitting so my harder than us (even Dragons and Broncos) and we looked so lethargic. Could this say something about our fitness?

Lets hope Des and his coaching staff are able to figure a way out of this rut otherwise it will be a long long year and if this is the case, there needs to be a major cleanout at the end of the year including the coach, some one season wonders at the club and we also need to look at the value we are getting from some high profile /highly paid players.

One last thing I noticed, is Jake becoming our Gallen where he gets the ball too often in sech set?

Always been a fan of Jake bike he needs to limit or put away entirely that ball playing role. It’s too predictable now anyway. Said it somewhere else I reckon he needs to go back up front and we look at a more mobile 13

Jake bleeds Manly, but I think he has burned himself out..
Becoming very Hindmarsh like for mine... Spent so many years tackling 50 times a game and covering for the rubbish players around him, that now he is basically innefective with ball in hand... Doesn't bend the line .. ever..
Doesn't make any breaks, and most importantly, hasn't snapped anyone in half with big tackles for about 3 seasons...
Less time trying to be a 6 and more time remembering your a forward would also help..

Becoming very Hindmarsh like for mine... Spent so many years tackling 50 times a game and covering for the rubbish players around him, that now he is basically innefective with ball in hand... Doesn't bend the line .. ever..
Doesn't make any breaks, and most importantly, hasn't snapped anyone in half with big tackles for about 3 seasons...
Less time trying to be a 6 and more time remembering your a forward would also help..
Jake needs a coach.

I would have jake at prop
At this time i would have all 4 props playing two 20min bursts
Marty and paseka start then 20min into game jake and aloioa come on..then same for 2nd half

Jake needs a break every game to allow him a chance to drive linespeed through our middles in defence. He should be aiming for 2/3 of the tackles he is currently making but with more impact and aggression like he had in origin. I liked that we used Walker at first reciever in the attacking zone more than our middles last week, it looked threatening until the drops (especially with Foz taking the line on).

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8