Condolences to Robbie Farrah

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
In name only

As far as I can remember he has never banned someone or edited a thread

As far as a disgrace to the club this is as bad as some of the other crap people pull - but this is not the time or place to discuss it

Still doesn't make any difference Isz. We are not talking about what other people post, we are talking about a person who is a moderator and what the mod posted, which showed a lact of tact and poor timing.

If you are given a position to moderate threads and your username is listed there for the world to see that you are mod, then people read that specific post by DSM5, it doesn't portray a good image about Silvertails.

Delete the whole thread...please.

My thoughts on the coverage of the issue are known - but the passing of anyone is sad, especially to this evil disease. Hopefully the happy memories the family shared can be a source of strength in this terrible time.

Victor Meldrew - FYI DSM is not a Mod, was given access during the time he covered the Brett Stewart case, but does not act as a moderator.

I think it is an extremely generous gesture that a minutes silence be offered tomorrow - and to some degree unprecedented? Is it now a precedent? Having had my own experience at making statements that people take offence at, I think that may have been the point that DSM was trying to make, though personal views expressed preceding that have caused that point to be lost. With that said I can't find any evidence that a minutes silence will in fact be observed?

Victor Meldrew said:
lsz said:
In name only

As far as I can remember he has never banned someone or edited a thread

As far as a disgrace to the club this is as bad as some of the other crap people pull - but this is not the time or place to discuss it

Delete the whole thread...please.

That would be an over reaction - some fine sentiment is being displayed. It appears the offending post has been removed, surely that will satisfy you

voicefromthehill said:
My thoughts on the coverage of the issue are known - but the passing of anyone is sad, especially to this evil disease. Hopefully the happy memories the family shared can be a source of strength in this terrible time.

Victor Meldrew - FYI DSM is not a Mod, was given access during the time he covered the Brett Stewart case, but does not act as a moderator.

I think it is an extremely generous gesture that a minutes silence be offered tomorrow - and to some degree unprecedented? Is it now a precedent? Having had my own experience at making statements that people take offence at, I think that may have been the point that DSM was trying t make, though personal views expressed preceding that have caused that point to be lost.

Then why is he still listed as a Mod?

You still dont get my point, people who come here see him listed a Mod, then they read his post and think well if this is what a mod can get away then it doesnt reflect well for Silvertails. You get my drift.

This is not personal against DSM5, its the fact he is listed as a Mod when he clearly isnt one, as you stated.

I think people are over reacting. It's a very sad situation, but dsm's point about a precedent is warranted. Did every game have one for the halls for example?

I was a 'mod' in the 60s, and a mod on here for the duration of the Stewart trial (purely for expediency) . I have never 'moderated' or deleted a post however ridiculous I found them. I would not be offended if I was no longer a 'mod'. However I was making the point that everyone's mum passes, even mediocre NRL player's mums. Actually we'll all pass one day. It seems to me that Robbie's mum did not have a hallowed place in the hearts of League followers outside those who knew her and her family, and therefore the minutes silence at Brookvale seems out of place. As a poster suggested there was no minutes silence for the Halls. And I still think Robbie Farah is a grub and next time we play the Tigers, you'll all witness his grubby practices.

You don't get it.......this is a condolence thread. Your posts are offensive and unwanted here. Make them somewhere else, some other time.

I would have been just as offended if someone came on here and said the same thing about Glenn Hall and his family. We all showed respect that time, this is no different!

As most on here would agree, best wishes to all the Farah family in this trying time do not lessen a supporters love for their own club in the expression of condolences to a player who plays for another.

And if anything is to be done in support of someone going through this sad stage of life no matter how misguided you may personally think it is you would be an even sadder individual for not biting your tongue at this present time.

Poor form and you know it ( and if you don't you can't be helped anyway).

My condolences to Robbie and the Farah family. As much as I find it hard to support the guy due to the dives he makes, as MK said, he's really opened up my eyes over the past week and made me have to re-assess my opinions of him. That is a credit him and I'm glad his mum got to see him play before she passed away.

DSM5 said:
I was a 'mod' in the 60s, and a mod on here for the duration of the Stewart trial (purely for expediency) . I have never 'moderated' or deleted a post however ridiculous I found them. I would not be offended if I was no longer a 'mod'. However I was making the point that everyone's mum passes, even mediocre NRL player's mums. Actually we'll all pass one day. It seems to me that Robbie's mum did not have a hallowed place in the hearts of League followers outside those who knew her and her family, and therefore the minutes silence at Brookvale seems out of place. As a poster suggested there was no minutes silence for the Halls. And I still think Robbie Farah is a grub and next time we play the Tigers, you'll all witness his grubby practices.
Dsm I know your a good bloke but I disagree with most
Of your post above. Losing your mother is without doubt the worst thing that can happen to someone during their life. In my case I was lucky it all happened in a space of 48 hours. In farah's case he has had to deal with this since November and still perform in the spotlight like he does knowing in the back of his mind everyday this horrible event was approaching for that and for the effort he put in origin on Wednesday with all this going on in the background Robbie Farah has my full respect.

Having been through this myself in 2004, I echo everyone's thoughts....and I reckon the minutes silence yesterday at Leichardt was a great tribute for the family. I would hope that had he been a Manly player the same thing would happen at Brookvale.

DSM5 said:
However I was making the point that everyone's mum passes, even mediocre NRL player's mums. Actually we'll all pass one day. It seems to me that Robbie's mum did not have a hallowed place in the hearts of League followers outside those who knew her and her family, and therefore the minutes silence at Brookvale seems out of place. As a poster suggested there was no minutes silence for the Halls.

At the risk of upsetting some people I agree with DSM5. I do feel sorry for Robbie and his Family/Friends, and I think it was a nice gesture to have a minutes silence at yesterdays game.

However, I don't think it is necessary to have a minutes silence at Brookie, unless we are going to start doing this at ALL NRL games for a particular round when ever ANY player has a close Family member pass away.

I personally feel this situation although very sad should not have been given so much time in the media, everybody has loved ones pass away, but it should be kept personal amongst those close to them, and not mentioned frequently in the media.

I'm not wanting to get into an argument with anyone who feels differently, but I am just expressing my thoughs on the matter.

3 of our team were teammates of his last week, and obviously saw what he was going through, and if there is a mins silence, maybe it will be at their request for their mate

Either way, not worth whinging about

Gee, there are some delicate sensibilities getting around this place. I didn't see the original DSM post, but if it is of the same ilk as his most recent one above then I don't see what the fuss is about. Perfectly legitimate opinion and certainly no cause for deletion of threads or banning of users.

Whilst I'm here, I will offer Robbie my condolences, having witnessed the effect of pancreatic cancer first hand then I sympathise with him and his family. Horrible disease.

What is the problem with a minutes silence anyway? Its 60 seconds of your life, use it to reflect on an experience of your own.

DSM5 has always been a massive tool, always will be.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7