Condolences to Robbie Farrah

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am not sure people are arguing over the merits of a minute silence / the type of player Farrah may or not may not be more so the timing of the post

There is a time and a place to debate the issue....not the day after a player's parent has passed away

Show some tact and class and save your powder for another day

clontaago said:
What is the problem with a minutes silence anyway? Its 60 seconds of your life, use it to reflect on an experience of your own.

DSM5 has always been a massive tool, always will be.

And very rarely goes for a whole minute anyway. lol

I didnt want this to be a debate....Just passing on my best wishes to Farrah and his family and thats all....

It was my take on the minute silence Simply if we did it at the ground I think it would be a nice gesture....doent matter who he is from......he is a high profile NSW player and deserved of it.

Would never have thought it would end up like this...very disspaointing the way a minority have taken it.

Hi Frogz

That indeed is a nice thought, and a genuine sentiment. As I said I think some took your suggestion as a statement of fact - but peoples thoughts on that do not lessen your original intention.

Cheers
VFTH

I too wish to pass on my condolences to the Farray Family :angel:

Glad that his Mum saw her son at his finest hour on Wednesday.

Was never going to be - read Frogz post, it was a suggestion that Frogz had.

Interesting to note there are suggestions they will be doing something in this weeks women in league round (no real details yet), and I dont think it specifically will single out Mrs Farah rather all mothers/wives. I think that is fitting and no one will begrudge some sort of recognition

Cheers

My condolences to Robbie Farah & his Family - less than a week after he played a blinder for NSW and made himself a better player then I thought he was.

mbe said:
It has always been said in the "newspapers" that Benjie Marshall and Robbie Farrah hated each other and didn't like playing in the same team. It didn't look like it this afternoon as Benjie Marshall was so openly showing his grief for his team mate.

very true...yet another example of the shoddiness of the media!

I really feel for both these guys. I really wouldnt be surprised if both miss origin 3

KNOWING time was short, Robbie Farah had just one last question. "Mum ... do you love me?" he asked.

Silence extended for several minutes before the reply came. "I love you all," she said.

Those were Sonia Farah's last words.

I know this was a sad time and my sympathy's go to the Farrah family but does anyone else think this was a bit strange.

My parents are both alive and I hate to think what I will be like when they pass on but I am sure that at the time I will be telling them how much I love them and how much I appreciate all that they have done for me.

Look he may have been misquoted but it just struck me as an odd thing to say to someone on their deathbed.

Utility Player said:
KNOWING time was short, Robbie Farah had just one last question. "Mum ... do you love me?" he asked.

Silence extended for several minutes before the reply came. "I love you all," she said.

I know this was a sad time and my sympathy's go to the Farrah family but does anyone else think this was a bit strange.

My parents are both alive and I hate to think what I will be like when they pass on but I am sure that at the time I will be telling them how much I love them and how much I appreciate all that they have done for me.

Look he may have been misquoted but it just struck me as an odd thing to say to someone on their deathbed.

You are right - very strange

voicefromthehill said:
Utility Player said:

You are right - very strange

You'd want to be sure of the answer to that question before you asked it in that situation I reckon!

Jono said:
My condolences to Robbie and the Farah family. As much as I find it hard to support the guy due to the dives he makes, as MK said, he's really opened up my eyes over the past week and made me have to re-assess my opinions of him. That is a credit him and I'm glad his mum got to see him play before she passed away.

I wonder now whether his performances in recent origin games was motivated by, and dedicated to, his mother. I will add that it is going to be a hard act to follow.

I also agree with DSM5's last post. It makes sense. However, as another poster said, this is a condolence thread and the comments were out of place.

My condolences to Robbie and his family. Dedicate your next origin game to the memory of your mum.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4