Congratulations G. Toovey.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
New players will step up Ryan. It happens every off season. On here we all stress about our roster being weakened by x and y leaving or being older etc. Yet every year we bring through some new young talent. With the young Warriors coming onboard along with Chee Kam I think we should be ok.

Congratulations to Tooves and the team on a fantastic season after all the upheaval at the end of last season well done. Now i want to vent my spleen at the so called supporters on this forum who have been any thing but supportive through out the season and if the hat fits wear it. If you want to be negative on everyone when we loose then F off somewhere else as you are not true supporters you only like it when w e win but dare we loose a game your ready to tear into the team and coach with your negative remarks stating that you pay at the gate so you can say what you like, God help us if thats your driven goal is, most of us supporters accept that we can be beaten either buy poor ref decisons of poor play but we do not rubish the team or staff , pity some of you were not around in the hard times in 1956 when i first started supporting this club and team.For years we were bridesmaids and put up with poor decisons and finally in 1972 we became the bride, since then this mighty club has gone through metamorphises eg northern eagles then back to manly sea eagles but through all that adversity true manly supporters stayed true to the club we are MANLY we do not whinge and whine as other clubs we hold our selves in high regard this is why everyone hates us but we do not care as we are Manly ,so to all you doom and gloom experts remember an expert is as follows x the unknown factor and spurt is a drip under pressure so if you cannot take the ppressure of accepting that our team can loose games then F off to some other club as we can do without your ****.Now that is off my chest farewell for 2012 and I look forward to 2013 with great hope, we have some very good juniors commin through so should be a force then as well , have a happy off season all see you then.MANLY FOREVER WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED

I give Toovey props because he does deserve it. I don't care what the talent level of your team is as a rookie coach getting a top 4 finish is a good result. I seem to remember the Tigers were the favorites at the start of the year with a very talented team and a 4 time premiership winning coach. They finished 10th this year. I seem to remember a rookie Warriors coach given a talented team and last years runners up. They finished 14 this year.

Now did Tooveys inexperience cost us last night? Quite possibly but he will better for the experience. For all the turmoil he faced this year he's done admirable. From unexpectedly taking over as coach to the constant injuries to finding his feet as a 1st grade coach he's done a good job.

I understand hes taken over a champion team that has a core of players that have been here for a while. Also that Toovey has been a part of the staff for many years also which made has his transition to coach easier. However not any assistant can make that move to head coach and be reasonably successful immediately eg Steve Kearney.

In the end as a top contender team the expectation is a premiership for Manly and nothing less. Toovey may have failed in that regard this year, but it's not a bad way to start his coaching career being 1 game from the GF. Bring on 2013!!!

well said zambuck.

Hasler has had a great season at Canterbury but I do not think that would have happened at Manly if he stayed and completed his final year. Would he have been as committed? Would he have hindered player negotiations? Would he be nurturing younger players to come through?

I feel our senior players would have got us to the semis this year under Hasler. There would have been so much more played out in the media of backroom politics and our so-called "P" plate CEO. How much of project "Bulldog2013" would have been prepared at Narrabeen?

zambuck said:
Congratulations to Tooves and the team on a fantastic season after all the upheaval at the end of last season well done. Now i want to vent my spleen at the so called supporters on this forum who have been any thing but supportive through out the season and if the hat fits wear it. If you want to be negative on everyone when we loose then F off somewhere else as you are not true supporters you only like it when w e win but dare we loose a game your ready to tear into the team and coach with your negative remarks stating that you pay at the gate so you can say what you like, God help us if thats your driven goal is, most of us supporters accept that we can be beaten either buy poor ref decisons of poor play but we do not rubish the team or staff , pity some of you were not around in the hard times in 1956 when i first started supporting this club and team.For years we were bridesmaids and put up with poor decisons and finally in 1972 we became the bride, since then this mighty club has gone through metamorphises eg northern eagles then back to manly sea eagles but through all that adversity true manly supporters stayed true to the club we are MANLY we do not whinge and whine as other clubs we hold our selves in high regard this is why everyone hates us but we do not care as we are Manly ,so to all you doom and gloom experts remember an expert is as follows x the unknown factor and spurt is a drip under pressure so if you cannot take the ppressure of accepting that our team can loose games then F off to some other club as we can do without your s**t.Now that is off my chest farewell for 2012 and I look forward to 2013 with great hope, we have some very good juniors commin through so should be a force then as well , have a happy off season all see you then.MANLY FOREVER WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED

Wait, wait, wait. You claim our club and playing group were bridesmaids for years, and that we "suffered" hard times, yet if we say that, or have other disappointed sentiments TODAY, we are not true supporters.

"We are not true supporters". That old chestnut, eh? The line people roll out to the fans who have been around blogging on these types of sites as fans for at least a decade or more.

The guys who stood by the team, when players like Gary Winter, Dragan Durdevic, Nathan Long, Jye Mullane and co. wore our jersey.
THAT'S who you are preaching to, when they are gutted by a flogging to end our season.

People who created petitions, and gained 10,000 odd signatures for the upgrade of Brookvale Oval, that was presented to Morris Iemma, earning the community ground 4 mill from local, 6 mill from state in funding? These people aren't true supporters because we "are cry babies at a loss, and we should **** off to another club".

Those same people who should **** off, who introduced a major Banking organization as a potential major sponsor to Pat Wilson (who couldn't seal the deal), and that institution ended up opting for The Rabbits.

Those same people who purchase and acquire season tickets for the leagues club, club and football team. You know, the one's who you reckon should **** off to another club, because they should be happy win, lose or draw.

No sir. Bury your head. People are allowed to vent how they like, and I, as a Manly fan, have both empathy for you, and how you feel, as well as those, who are gutted, and want to vent at both form on the field, and results at the end of the day.

I may have followed the Bears at one time, and for that reason, I cop plenty of flack. I might be as gutted as a mouse who has lost his last piece of cheese when Manly lose on the field, in the coaching ranks, and when players leave.

But for you to tell me or anyone else to "**** off to another club" because they are disappointed and want to critique "OUR" club at being smashed in a final, is a pretty harsh thing mate.

I consider you, everyone else here, and myself as a die hard Manly fan. The more people "unleash" after a loss, the more I believe they are hurting, and for that, I have empathy. I feel for them, because I am as gutted.

There was a massive amount to be disappointed by last night.

If you come on here after a towel up, and expect to see people celebrating, after they have vested so much passion and emotion into the season, well, I have one statement for you.

"**** off to another club". Parramatta, North Sydney & Cronulla fans are used to accepting mediocrity and celebrating it. Maybe they are the team for you. Even after 60 odd years.

Jatz Crackers said:
Jax24 said:
I give Toovey props because he does deserve it.

I hope Tooves gets a bunch of props for
Christmas. Because we all deserve it !
Haha that was good!!! I only just saw the double meaning to my sentence when you quoted me lol. Yes as well as giving credit to Toovey I probably can't personally give him some props but he does deserve some good ones. Preferably ones that go straight ahead not backwards or sideways :D

Next year will be easier for Tooves. Less focus on us over the offseason will help. And he gets to develop the roster the way he wants it. No WCC is a huge bonus for the boys!

There is a reason he pushed Des out of his position in his playing days! Our 2V is a smart character.

I feel congratulations are in order to Toovey and the whole team.They have had to endure a very difficult year with all the fuss surrounding Hasler's departure and all the instability that it brought to the team. All the injuries didn't help either.On top of that travelling to England made life harder.I feel with a more settled pre season and some fresh faces next year we will see a more consistent effort from the team.

Ryan said:
zambuck said:
Congratulations to Tooves and the team on a fantastic season after all the upheaval at the end of last season well done. Now i want to vent my spleen at the so called supporters on this forum who have been any thing but supportive through out the season and if the hat fits wear it. If you want to be negative on everyone when we loose then F off somewhere else as you are not true supporters you only like it when w e win but dare we loose a game your ready to tear into the team and coach with your negative remarks stating that you pay at the gate so you can say what you like, God help us if thats your driven goal is, most of us supporters accept that we can be beaten either buy poor ref decisons of poor play but we do not rubish the team or staff , pity some of you were not around in the hard times in 1956 when i first started supporting this club and team.For years we were bridesmaids and put up with poor decisons and finally in 1972 we became the bride, since then this mighty club has gone through metamorphises eg northern eagles then back to manly sea eagles but through all that adversity true manly supporters stayed true to the club we are MANLY we do not whinge and whine as other clubs we hold our selves in high regard this is why everyone hates us but we do not care as we are Manly ,so to all you doom and gloom experts remember an expert is as follows x the unknown factor and spurt is a drip under pressure so if you cannot take the ppressure of accepting that our team can loose games then F off to some other club as we can do without your s**t.Now that is off my chest farewell for 2012 and I look forward to 2013 with great hope, we have some very good juniors commin through so should be a force then as well , have a happy off season all see you then.MANLY FOREVER WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED

Wait, wait, wait. You claim our club and playing group were bridesmaids for years, and that we "suffered" hard times, yet if we say that, or have other disappointed sentiments TODAY, we are not true supporters.

"We are not true supporters". That old chestnut, eh? The line people roll out to the fans who have been around blogging on these types of sites as fans for at least a decade or more.

The guys who stood by the team, when players like Gary Winter, Dragan Durdevic, Nathan Long, Jye Mullane and co. wore our jersey.
THAT'S who you are preaching to, when they are gutted by a flogging to end our season.

People who created petitions, and gained 10,000 odd signatures for the upgrade of Brookvale Oval, that was presented to Morris Iemma, earning the community ground 4 mill from local, 6 mill from state in funding? These people aren't true supporters because we "are cry babies at a loss, and we should f**k off to another club".

Those same people who should f**k off, who introduced a major Banking organization as a potential major sponsor to Pat Wilson (who couldn't seal the deal), and that institution ended up opting for The Rabbits.

Those same people who purchase and acquire season tickets for the leagues club, club and football team. You know, the one's who you reckon should f**k off to another club, because they should be happy win, lose or draw.

No sir. Bury your head. People are allowed to vent how they like, and I, as a Manly fan, have both empathy for you, and how you feel, as well as those, who are gutted, and want to vent at both form on the field, and results at the end of the day.

I may have followed the Bears at one time, and for that reason, I cop plenty of flack. I might be as gutted as a mouse who has lost his last piece of cheese when Manly lose on the field, in the coaching ranks, and when players leave.

But for you to tell me or anyone else to "f**k off to another club" because they are disappointed and want to critique "OUR" club at being smashed in a final, is a pretty harsh thing mate.

I consider you, everyone else here, and myself as a die hard Manly fan. The more people "unleash" after a loss, the more I believe they are hurting, and for that, I have empathy. I feel for them, because I am as gutted.

If you come on here after a towel up, and expect to see people celebrating, after they have vested so much passion and emotion into the season, well, I have one statement for you.

"f**k off to another club". Parramatta, North Sydney & Cronulla fans are used to accepting mediocrity and celebrating it. Maybe they are the team for you. Even after 60 odd years.

That is an outstanding reply Ryan. Couldn't agree more.

Tooves deserves a big appaulause. We had one hell of year with offfield drama, and as a rookie coach to still get the club to 4th position is fantastic. Lets not also forget all the injury, suspension and contract dramas that hindered our season.

To take over coachibg a side in the way it played out is no easy feat.

Tooves and the club should have it easier next season, and tooves will be able to show his true colours.

manlywarringah said:
Brookie said:
he did ok, but i could have coached that team to the semi's!

i questioned his tactics a few times this year and he didn't get the best out of the players in his roster.

i'd go as far to say that if de$ was still here, we would have finished higher than 4th and went better than we did!!

You've got no idea!

Des was with us in 2009 and 2010 with a great roster and we finished 8th both years and we had less injuries and suspensions those years.

Tooves had no time for preparation for the season and was still finding coaching staff well into the offseason.

A great job considering all the challenges that he had to deal with.

we finished 5th in 2009 ;)

Jax24 said:
I give Toovey props because he does deserve it. I don't care what the talent level of your team is as a rookie coach getting a top 4 finish is a good result. I seem to remember the Tigers were the favorites at the start of the year with a very talented team and a 4 time premiership winning coach. They finished 10th this year. I seem to remember a rookie Warriors coach given a talented team and last years runners up. They finished 14 this year.

Now did Tooveys inexperience cost us last night? Quite possibly but he will better for the experience. For all the turmoil he faced this year he's done admirable. From unexpectedly taking over as coach to the constant injuries to finding his feet as a 1st grade coach he's done a good job.

I understand hes taken over a champion team that has a core of players that have been here for a while. Also that Toovey has been a part of the staff for many years also which made has his transition to coach easier. However not any assistant can make that move to head coach and be reasonably successful immediately eg Steve Kearney.

In the end as a top contender team the expectation is a premiership for Manly and nothing less. Toovey may have failed in that regard this year, but it's not a bad way to start his coaching career being 1 game from the GF. Bring on 2013!!!

Don't forget a 7 time premiership winning coach, who hasn't missed a finals series in 2 decades, not even making the finals.

I hold my hat off to Toovs. I also wouldn't be surprised if we had a shocker next year as well. We need to rebuild our forward pack next year, and at the same time bring in an assistant coach to replace Matt Parish.

If we make the top 4 again, then bring it on. Toovs will be better for the experience as well next year.

We may of went back to back with Des, but think of the poaching that would have happened if he had been he all year, foz would have gone, maybe dce, ballin even. Short term pain long term gain.

lol, ruffled some feathers just cause of my own honest opinion?

might be because i'm in the 1% aye lismore fan.....

Congrats to Tooves on a great year. Next year will be interesting & I'm not expecting too much. I reckon it will be a re-building year with a lot of players leaving this year and young players being blooded next year. I think 2014 will be our year again with salary cap pressure easing at the end of 2013 with the completion of the hasler back-ended contracts and with the salary cap increase agin for 2014. I think during next year Manly will pick up some great players for 2014.

Ryan said:
castle eagle said:
lets not forget that with all the contract dramas, the boardroom fights injuries, the retaining of some important players through the year & crap in the media tooves has done a bloody good job.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua / Ben Farrar
03. Steve Matai / Dean Whare
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams / Michael Oldfield
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans / Liam Foran
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart / Daniel Harrison

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Darcy Lussick / Vic Mauro
16. George Rose / Tim Robinson
17. Joe Galuvao / Nick Skinner

I look at that roster, and all I can do mate, with all due respect, is disagree with you.

Again, I don't quite understand why people under estimate this roster? We got rolled against the lowest teams in the NRL. We got rolled in two of three finals. We got rolled in a WCC.

How often did that top 17 roster take the field fully fit and raring to go this year Ryan ?? We had a tough year and played busted through the semis.

How did your mate Dessie go after 2008 premiership ?? He lost a couple of players like Tooves, but had no massive upheaval in coaching staff, he had some off field issues to deal with, as Tooves did.....yet he only managed 5th and a very quick and meek exit from the semis.

Bellamy is your other hero. Just remind me again when he took his team to a back to back premiership. Let's not forget he had a team that was put together by rorting the cap and he still couldn't back up the next year.

You've been hating on Tooves all season, so I don't expect you'll give him any dues, but to criticise him for that performance that those players laid on Friday night is ridiculous. They were one win off a Grand Final and choked on it.

Our roster is good, but the whole NRL is good, to think that we just have to turn up with a handful of good players and win a premiership is simplistic.

I think Tooves has done a good job this year considering a lot of factors. Hopefully he has learnt from this year and will also improve as a coach. I'll reserve judgement on him for another 12 months or so.

I agree with you guys but friday night he was shown up . Side looked under prepared and not ready for the storm ahead . Fourth is acceptable

Ryan said:
zambuck said:

People who created petitions, and gained 10,000 odd signatures for the upgrade of Brookvale Oval, that was presented to Morris Iemma, earning the community ground 4 mill from local, 6 mill from state in funding? These people aren't true supporters because we "are cry babies at a loss, and we should f**k off to another club".

Those same people who should f**k off, who introduced a major Banking organization as a potential major sponsor to Pat Wilson (who couldn't seal the deal), and that institution ended up opting for The Rabbits.

Those same people who purchase and acquire season tickets for the leagues club, club and football team. You know, the one's who you reckon should f**k off to another club, because they should be happy win, lose or draw.

But for you to tell me or anyone else to "f**k off to another club" because they are disappointed and want to critique "OUR" club at being smashed in a final, is a pretty harsh thing mate.

"f**k off to another club". Parramatta, North Sydney & Cronulla fans are used to accepting mediocrity and celebrating it. Maybe they are the team for you. Even after 60 odd years.

Bravo...

You gotta love the old 'True Supporter' line that is trotted out a few times a year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6