Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Major Leauge Baseball has suspened spring training games and pushed the season back by two weeks.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
My mrs (who works in medical field) heard from a nurse at Robina Hospital yesterday that they have plans to not use respirators or oxeygen masks on those over 50 when this takes off instead keeping them clean and available for the younger patients

Saving the young will be a higher priority it seems.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
My mrs (who works in medical field) heard from a nurse at Robina Hospital yesterday that they have plans to not use respirators or oxeygen masks on those over 50 when this takes off instead keeping them clean and available for the younger patients

I've been listening to this guy. If you're old you're ****ed. I'm just heading out the back to dig a hole....

HoldenV8

Journey Man
NASCAR have announced that their upcoming races in Atlanta and Miami will be run to empty grandstands. Only team personnel and race and track officials (who have been medically cleared), plus the TV crews will be in attendance.

IMSA (International Motor Sports Association) in the US have postponed next weekends 12 Hours of Sebring until November in the wake of the Trump government's travel ban from Europe which has meant a number of drivers and entered cars can't attend. The World Endurance Championship race also set for next weekend in Sebring has also been postponed.

The IndyCar race set for this weekend in St Petersburg in Florida, will go ahead. But like NASCAR, only essential personnel will be in attendance.

Last edited:

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Given that its already been confirmed that there was at least one known person in the crowd at the Women's T20 World Cup Final at the MCG who has tested positive to the virus, plus another who attended a Super Rugby game in Melbourne who was positive, I don't think it will be long before both the NRL and AFL will either be shut down for the time being or they will play but with no spectators allowed.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Well the NRL told players and clubs, no selfies, high fives etc and what happens last night....the players run on high fiveing fans....Its only now that the NRL have reacted and are putting a comittee together, cant be proactive can they. I agree to shut down the crowds for a few weeks and see what happens, only problem is loss of revenue for clubs.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
A couple of things
1. If the first few rounds get postponed considering our draw that would be a bonus
2. Please let there be another game tonight...last nights game can not be the only game we see for a while

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

If true that’s just terrible , considering to date it doesn’t affect younger people anywhere as badly as us over 60’s.

manly al

First Grader
If true that’s just terrible , considering to date it doesn’t affect younger people anywhere as badly as us over 60’s.
Can "t see that being a reality . in any case , quite sure that there are plenty of over 50 "s more healthy and fitter then plenty of under 50 "s , in Australia at least .

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Serious question what’s the chance that the crowd will be canned for Brookie on Sunday? My mate flew into Townsville this morn and is worried he will be watching on TV after what’s happened with the Grand Prix!

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
I wrote earlier that there was a massive chance this game would be cancelled.

I am now convinced it will be cancelled by tomorrow for sure.

My fear is that (i believe) insurance will not cover the club for the losses incurred... we might have a cashflow issue looking as well.

@The Wheel any word from the club?

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Despite having season tickets, I’ve actually decided not to go to Brookie on Sunday. I really don’t want to pick it up and pass it in to the vulnerable in our community.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I
Can "t see that being a reality . in any case , quite sure that there are plenty of over 50 "s more healthy and fitter then plenty of under 50 "s , in Australia at least .
ts actually what they’re doing in Italy although I believe the age is 60 and people who come in with unrelated but dangerous stuff like heart attacks aren’t being treated because hospitals are at 200% capacity. And that was a few days ago.

manly al

First Grader
Probably more of a chance contracting this virus [ serious as it is ] or any other contagious type aliment at one "s local shopping centre then an open air sporting event . Not even the slightest indication of the Cows - Broncos game tonight being subject to crowd restriction , can "t see it also being any different at other N R L games for this week at least .

MuzztheEagle

Bencher

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18