Could it be true?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
There is only a handful of coaches that coach the player and team. Sooky Seibold is not in that handful so Roberts would improve dramatically, especially his defence under Des. In saying that, we should save our coin.

Coaching the player and team, to get the best out of him in a football sense, is one thing...but with Roberts, you’ve also got the substance use/abuse issues to deal with. I’d rather not lump Des/the club with the extra workload - and so far, Roberts is 4/4 in terms of clubs not being able to snap him out of his off-field rubbish. Manly don’t need to be the next on his list.

Getting sacked didn’t change him, public indiscretions being all over the papers didn’t change him, becoming a father didn’t change him, the missus taking the baby and leaving town didn’t change him...what’s it going to take?

Coaching the player and team, to get the best out of him in a football sense, is one thing...but with Roberts, you’ve also got the substance use/abuse issues to deal with. I’d rather not lump Des/the club with the extra workload - and so far, Roberts is 4/4 in terms of clubs not being able to snap him out of his off-field rubbish. Manly don’t need to be the next on his list.

Getting sacked didn’t change him, public indiscretions being all over the papers didn’t change him, becoming a father didn’t change him, the missus taking the baby and leaving town didn’t change him...what’s it going to take?

But, speed kills!!!! Elite player!! Stupid meme!!

Good post, if the club thinks he is the best option, they ain’t looking hard enough.

Lol if you think Roberts isnt good enough, Hes Rapid. If Dessie thinks he's worth it then that will do for me. Pretty exciting getting a nsw Centre isn't it?

He's really not that different to Barba. You take them on, you get what's coming.

I think there are enough players with talent who would like to live and play on the northern beaches that you don't need to chase repeat offenders...

The problem is that if Walker gets clearance to play then that is our top 30 locked in. We have had a top 29 named in February which included Walker. Winterstein was released and Boyle signed. But we have also signed Sam Smith and named him on extended benches since, so that makes 30 with Walker. Unless we got a special leave to sign and name Smith whilst Walker was stood down ?

So to sign someone we will need to release someone from the squad - either permanently or a fringey back to Blacktown. I would imagine the only way we afford someone like Roberts is to release someone on good coin.
Perrett

Lol if you think Roberts isnt good enough, Hes Rapid. If Dessie thinks he's worth it then that will do for me. Pretty exciting getting a nsw Centre isn't it?

I agree feathered friend . A player with his experience and speed would only add to our young back line looking at it from a optimistic view

It is every exciting to get a NSW quality centre but when one is pessimistic all they dwell is on the negatives .

A fit Roberts would be an asset to any team

.but with Roberts, you’ve also got the substance use/abuse issues to deal with. I’d rather not lump Des/the club with the extra workload - and so far, Roberts is 4/4 in terms of clubs not being able to snap him out of his off-field rubbish.

You may well be right but we have taken on Dylan Walker and Moses Suli in recent years, both with issues, both slow learners.

Mad Monday could be something to behold if these 3 were united.

I am sure when players with poor records join teams they have clauses written into their contract about misbehaviour. If Manly pick up Roberts it will be at zero cost (or minimum) to Bronco's.

Definitely ?? or are you guessing ??

Wouldn't surprise to be honest, he hasn't really come on. I assume Des is no fan seeing as he let him go 2 years early from Dogs contract to come here in first place
No knowledge of the fact. He'd be the logical choice but trying to find a taker for perrett would be near impossible unless wyong reserves is looking for a bench prop

So are people here suggesting Dessie doesn't have it in himself to get the best out of James Roberts, mentor and nurture him (maybe even develop him?).

Seems conflicting opinions here. One minute, Des can do anything. Our cultures amazing now.

Next minute, Walkers a dickhead, Roberts is a dickhead, and they should be out.

So what is it? Can Des pull a Bennett and get the most out of Roberts both on and off the field, or is Des out of his element, in player development and cultural shifts.

Gus reckons on 360 that JTJ doesn't perform whenever anything unsettles him (coach, contract, ingrown toenail etc) and he has to have everything going his way...

I'm not a Gus fan but I seem to recall that he knows JTJ pretty well (could be wrong but reckon I remember hearing or reading it somewhere)... my point being that if he is as precious and precocious as Gus is hinting then there's no bloody way I want him within the same postcode of our side... super talented or not (and for the record he defended awesomely in SOO last year)...

So are people here suggesting Dessie doesn't have it in himself to get the best out of James Roberts, mentor and nurture him (maybe even develop him?).

Seems conflicting opinions here. One minute, Des can do anything. Our cultures amazing now.

Next minute, Walkers a dickhead, Roberts is a dickhead, and they should be out.

So what is it? Can Des pull a Bennett and get the most out of Roberts both on and off the field, or is Des out of his element, in player development and cultural shifts.
Not at all. This isn't about Des, its all about Roberts (as @joeboy states).

There's only so much Des could do to get the best out of him but its up to Roberts - he has to want to be mentored, nurtured, developed, cultured, coached - and he hasn't been showing any desire whatsoever.

@Ryan

You were the one complaining about a 'drinking culture' at Manly last year.

These are some of JTJ's publicised alcohol related incidents while playing for the Broncos alone (after being sacked from 2 clubs for alcohol rated incidents previously).

How do these compare?

2016:
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016...-facing-nrl-probe-into-hotel-incident/7760348

2017:
https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...m/news-story/86a870238582f6c41298eb6c643194bf

2019:
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6005674/roberts-escapes-sanction-for-drunken-photo/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10