Could Manly miss the 8?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
True both have what many to consider softer draws but Dragons have shown they can go on a run of losses just as much as a run of wins. Titans are no pushovers and I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop points against any of Souths, Bulldogs or even the knights...........that said they could just as easily win them all

I think Gutherson's loss is huge, he really has been at the centre of everything good that they have done. They have a very similiar draw to the Dragons but play the Broncos twice. I think this week is important, they win and lock them in, if the Broncos get over them they could get very nervous and drop their lip a little

In regards to ourselves, I do not agree that the next two matches are a forgone conclusion, I expect us to win one and we have the potential to win two. We then have Tigers, Bulldogs, Warriors, Panthers so our draw is not too bad

Win 3 of our last 6 and we should make it

Last edited:
No. Manly cannot miss the 8.

We have too many quality players to miss the 8.

Our intensity will lift over the next 4 weeks and we have been saving ourselves for a late finals charge.

I can see us beating the Storm and the Roosters in very tight games and then exploding into some razzle dazzle blitzing performances against the Tigers and Bulldogs.

I can see us losing to Storm but in a close hard-fought match, setting us up for a serious charge in September.

I'm hoping for a performance like our games against the Roosters and Sharks this next two weeks. Really high energy, positive, dominating performances to build confidence and charge into the finals.

I think as long as we have most of our starters back we can do it.

How many points are we going to need to make the 8? Have a look at the run home for the panthers two points behind us currently.

Panthers have Tigers, Cowboys, Raiders, St George, Eagles.

We have Storm, Roosters, Tigers, Bulldogs, Warriors, Panthers.

I back us in to be playing finals.

Last edited:
Our players should be embarrassed by the lack of fight they showed against the dragons. No not Darcy style.

The rebound factor, we will give these rain loving, sad sacks a smack.

I can see us losing to Storm but in a close hard-fought match, setting us up for a serious charge in September.

As long as it's close we can take something from the game, another 50-20 score line and I'd say we are gone for 2017.

I don't in any way expect us to win , besides its Scams 350th so the Pinkies will ensure the Drizzlers will be celebrating!

No way are we a chance of missing the 8, look at our team and the performances we've had this season bar the last week. Against Penrith where we were robbed yet we put up a massive fight and somehow stayed at two tries apiece. We've smashed the sharks, smashed the cowboys with Thurston, grinded out the roosters. So why can't we grind out the storm this week at near full strength and do likewise to the roosters again the following week. After that it's pretty cruisy, and If we manage to scrape home with two straight wins against the storm and roosters not only do I think we'll be in the 8 but I believe we'll challenge, if not be in, the top 4. Donkeys look to be falling out of the 4, sharks aren't certainties either.

No way are we a chance of missing the 8, look at our team and the performances we've had this season bar the last week. Against Penrith where we were robbed we put up a massive fight and somehow stayed at two tries a piece. We've smashed the sharks, smashed the cowboys with Thurston, grinder out the roosters. So why can't we grind out the storm this week at near full strength and do likewise to the roosters again the following week. After that it's pretty cruisy, and If we manage to scrape home with two straight wins against the storm and roosters not only do I think we'll be in the 8 but I believe we'll challenge, if not be in, the top 4. Donkeys look to be falling out of the 4, sharks aren't certainties either.

Love your enthusiasm young Harry, but let's not forget that form was a while ago and certainly pre a few injuries.

As I say above , I expect us to lose tomorrow, if it's say " 20-14" I'll be quitely confident , if we get another 50-20 job, I stand behind the statement that I think we'd be gone for 2017.

If we were to win ( going to be hard to beat the refs too in Scams 350th) it would be one for the ages.

That last game at home could be the crucial playoff for a finals spot
In doing my calculations on the finals predictor, i ended up with Manly needing to win that game to pick up 4th and Penrith needing to win it to make the 8. Would make for quite the game. There are an interesting few weeks ahead. We'll soon find out which coaches have teams firing at the right time.

So why can't we grind out the storm this week at near full strength and do likewise to the roosters again the following week.
I'm not saying we can't... but while basking in all those wins, let's also not forget we needed a dodgy call to beat the team that can't even fill one hand with wins over the last couple of seasons... To be a real contender, you can't have games like that in your recent history, something hopefully the team has digested for that run home with a few bottom teams ahead.

I think we need to win one of the next two games against Storm or Roosters to be sure of a spot in 8. If we lose both of those than it's a must win on everything else and that could mean a finals playoff against Penrith in the last round - or at least a for and against battle with Dragons and Panthers for the last spot.

Eels have a soft run home so I think they are safe now unfortunately, as much as i was hoping losing Gutho would hurt them they looked solid last night. Cowboys may yet falter, they have a tougher draw (5 out of last 6 games against teams in finals contention). The Round 25 match between Panthers and Dragons could hold the key to our fate.

Last week's shellacking by Dragons may haunt us, we needed that win for a 6 point buffer over them to be safe and let them fight it out with Panthers for last spot in 8. Too late now, but that was a bad beat in the context of our season - valuable competitions points went begging and F/A took a hammering

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8