Could we see Hastings in the centres this year?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dankseagles

Reserve Grader
Am i crazy for thinking that Hastings could be a decent center in 2017? Very similar to Jack Bird in size and speed etc. 6ft 1 and 95kgs. Doubt it will happen and not sure it could work but surely has to be considered.
I think if we are going to make the 8 we will need to take a few risks. Plus Hastings in the centres means the live wire Cullen gets the bench spot!

Not really....his best attributes are around that ruck area, including a kicking game - can only see Hastings in the halves or dummy half in 2017, though as mentioned by Bozo...true story a good junior fullback,so centres is not beyond and in fact...far better than 2016 with Brown in the centres.

Ok i'll ask another question. Who would you rather see in the centres..
Hastings or Jono Wright? I'll take the former please.

I just think he could handle the role the way Bird has. Big unit, can catch, can pass, can kick and can read the play! Over qualified perhaps?

Well i think mat wright will be centre with walker. No doubt jono will be there abouts with injuries and ill take hastings out of the equation.

Am i crazy for thinking that Hastings could be a decent center in 2017? Very similar to Jack Bird in size and speed etc. 6ft 1 and 95kgs. Doubt it will happen and not sure it could work but surely has to be considered.
I think if we are going to make the 8 we will need to take a few risks. Plus Hastings in the centres means the live wire Cullen gets the bench spot!
Only if he is the utility and we get an injury in the backline. Last resort only; however, I prefer him there than Lewis Brown.

If Injuries hit hard then all options would be available.
Any option rather than Jono or Lewis .
I would rather have granny in the centres than these 2

images1G7JQI71.jpg

I thought no we'd have seen him training there by now if it was in the plan, TBH - but yes, I did think he would be a good fit there over the next couple until Green moved to greener pastures...(see what I did there?). Foran started at centre for us... and he turned out alright for a bit.

I just think he could handle the role the way Bird has. Big unit, can catch, can pass, can kick and can read the play! Over qualified perhaps?

I see your point, amd if its him or either of the Wright's, I'll take him.

But I'd have Kelly over the 3 of them.

Jeez not much of a choice @Dankseagles .....:eek:

I think some of you are missing my point. I'm saying that he could fill in and perhaps do a decent job of it.
Sure would be great for Kelly to play every game and kill it in the centres with Walker but chances are they will get injured at some stage or Kelly will be too young.
We could do worse than having a steady Hastings filling in at center!

Peace out.

Hastings should be an ok back up after Kelly, Parker and M Wright and I am sure would be considered/trialed there is we did cop that many injuries again.

However its not something you have time to plan/train well on as its option 4 in the backs.

I could see him filling in, although as you said probably not a better choice than the ones we have, in particular Kelly, possibly better than wright as he has some ability with the ball in hand
I think some of you are missing my point. I'm saying that he could fill in and perhaps do a decent job of it.
Sure would be great for Kelly to play every game and kill it in the centres with Walker but chances are they will get injured at some stage or Kelly will be too young.
We could do worse than having a steady Hastings filling in at center!

Peace out.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8