Could we see Hastings in the centres this year?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hastings embraces sea change
www.nrl.com
Hastings hasn't been named in Manly's 21-man squad for the game against Parramatta, with the club opting for a safety-first approach as they look to ease him back into reserve grade as he continues to recover from off-season ankle surgery.

He will instead line up for the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles in the Intrust Super Premiership in the familiar No.7 jersey, but speculation is rife Hastings could be used as a back-up hooker in the NRL should the opportunity arise.

"I played a lot of nine coming up through SG Ball and Harold Matts. There was always good halves around me so they always used to chuck me in at hooker to make sure we were all on the field together," he said.

More at:http://www.nrl.com/hastings-embraces-sea-change/tabid/10874/newsid/104150/default.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
G'day all,Hastings showed enough at the chooks to indicate that he is a serious player. I think our problem will be not if, where we fit him in at full strength.
cheers mike

Ok i'll ask another question. Who would you rather see in the centres..
Hastings or Jono Wright? I'll take the former please.

I just think he could handle the role the way Bird has. Big unit, can catch, can pass, can kick and can read the play! Over qualified perhaps?
What's wrong with the Centers we have now.......Walker & Kelly!!!

What's wrong with the Centers we have now.......Walker & Kelly!!!

Hopefully nothing and they both go on to be immortals ..... but as it stands .. one has never played a game of NRL and the other played like a busted ring last year.

Yeah, I know ... Walker is the best centre evar and Kelly is a future superstar.

My opinion is they are both incredibly talented and their potential enormous, but until they deliver consistently they are on trial.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10