Cricket world cup 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well that NZ team is easily the worst team to ever play in a world cup final. They beat teams up playing at home on postage stamps. But as soon as they left home they failed like the losers that they are. They way they celebrated after beating south africa they thought they had won the world cup then and there.

A bit harsh on the Kiwis there MF76, they have been in pretty good form for 6 months or more now.

The final was an anticlimax that's for sure, maybe they tightened up a bit who knows, but I was hoping for so much more of a game.

Still, very good win. Very happy with the result (obv). Wasn't the best of starts with the loss and a washout but our bowlers tonight were pretty damn good. Finch may be looking over his shoulder but for now, celebrations abound!

Spot the guy above who knows stuff all about cricket ...

Sensational bowling and fielding effort from your mob, up there with the best I have ever seen in an ODI. Shame the team is full of so many classless dickheads though

A bit harsh on the Kiwis there MF76, they have been in pretty good form for 6 months or more now.

The final was an anticlimax that's for sure, maybe they tightened up a bit who knows, but I was hoping for so much more of a game.
Seriously though i new when they celebrated their semi final win over SA so openly that they would have trouble getting up for the final, look at the Aussie teams response to beating India, they knew the job was not done.
@Kiwi Eagle way to take it on the chin mate!

I think you're reading too much into the celebrating, I'd expect a team that wins a game at the death in the final few balls to celebrate the win more than a side which knew they were winning long before the final ball

From the first wicket of McCullum the game was basically over. Elliot once again gave them hope, but it wasnt enough.

Starc, Johnson, Faulkner, Hazelwood and Maxwell all bowled really well. Starc has been lethal the whole world cup.

183 was never going to be enough to beat Australia at the MCG. There batting depth goes write down to number 10 on the batting sheet.

The reality is NZ have become a very good team, and I think will continue to grow under McCullum. NZ deserved to be in that grand final, but in the end they were outplayed by Australia.

Side Note: Yah! Australia wins the world cup :). At least someone I support is winning.

From the first wicket of McCullum the game was basically over. Elliot once again gave them hope, but it wasnt enough.

Starc, Johnson, Faulkner, Hazelwood and Maxwell all bowled really well. Starc has been lethal the whole world cup.

183 was never going to be enough to beat Australia at the MCG. There batting depth goes write down to number 10 on the batting sheet.

The reality is NZ have become a very good team, and I think will continue to grow under McCullum. NZ deserved to be in that grand final, but in the end they were outplayed by Australia.

Side Note: Yah! Australia wins the world cup :). At least someone I support is winning.

Nothing official out as yet, but there is a bit of talk around that McCullum has played his last ODI. Hopefully not the case, Vettori said he didn't want to make an announcement pre game and take away focus from the final, and McCullum said at his press conference when asked about various players finishing up that they would wait a few days so the focus is on the Australian win and not take any headlines away from them

Yeh I'd be surprised if McCullum keeps going. He won't make it to next WC so little point. I was actually half expecting that he would make that announcement before the game, but maybe Clarke stole his thunder. Time to concentrate on T20 $$$$

Whether they like to admit it or not, so much of NZ's fate rides with McCullum's start with the bat. Australia did well last night, every potentially explosive Kiwi batsman we picked up cheaply (for a duck basically) so they just had to scramble to get something on the board.

Kiwis have a good side, but I feel that last night was their best chance. They will be a markedly different line up in 4 years time. McCullum, Vettori, Taylor, Ronchi, Elliot won't be around in 4 years. Having said that the Aussies are in the same boat with Clarke, Haddin, Watson and Johnson

If i was a Kiwi i would be very proud of my team - played a great tournament and were very classy in defeat

Hopefully this helps to bring some interest back in the 50 over game and away from the hit and giggle 20/20 (as an aside who can name who has won the 20/20 world cup?)

Wow, Brad Haddin continuing to show today that he is a whole different level of dickhead ! Apparently NZ treated them too nice in Auckland and he didn't like it

If i was a Kiwi i would be very proud of my team - played a great tournament and were very classy in defeat

Hopefully this helps to bring some interest back in the 50 over game and away from the hit and giggle 20/20 (as an aside who can name who has won the 20/20 world cup?)

From memory Pakistan, India, West Indies, England

Better memory than me - i had a vague idea of the poms winning it once

Do they play it every two years?

Sri Lanka, but I take your point, no one cares who wins it.

I felt the kiwis sportmanship throughout the world cup was world class. They have to be the most respectful team on the field.

Kiwis have a good side, but I feel that last night was their best chance. They will be a markedly different line up in 4 years time. McCullum, Vettori, Taylor, Ronchi, Elliot won't be around in 4 years. Having said that the Aussies are in the same boat with Clarke, Haddin, Watson and Johnson

i agree that this was prob NZ best shot at winning the WC.

Yeah Aust will be a different team in 4 years aswell, but we have alot of talent coming through, guys like cummings. Starc is looking like the next johnson and smith the next clarke.

The BBL is giving a chance to some quality players, that may have been overlooked in sheild cricket.

I seem to recall Windies winning a T20 World title at some point, not sure Australia has ever been in a final even.

As for Haddin KE, I think that comment was tongue in cheek and made after 40 thousand beers. Probably some truth in it no doubt, the Kiwis have been the model of good sportsmanship for a while now. I still remember their efforts in the test after Phil Hughes died and how they carried themselves on the field that day. I thought that spoke volumes about McCullum and his team as men. Should make all NZers proud.

To be honest I doubt that any test cricketer would get wound up about a send off these days. We all know it's not necessary but it keeps happening, even park cricket on Saturdays has its fair share. Some people feel they need that combative element to get them "up".

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6