• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Denver Test is next week on 23rd, wonder if Manly risk another injury by releasing Marty and AFB to play :sweating:

giphy.gif

If it's good enough for our soo players to play we can't and shouldn't stop people playing for there country.

This is just a rehash of the same old crap written a few weeks ago when we were loosing. Funny it all went away when we won a couple of games, then we lose a couple and it all comes up again. Barrett and Marty have all stated that he ain't going anywhere

Moneyball Evans should be the first out the door, if he asks.

Got to say a little indifferent to Taupau, wants out let him go. At this staged we really really need players willing to bleed for each other and the jersey. A united team is the only way out of this, we don’t need mercenaries...

rubbish. There is no way we would ever consider releasing Marty, one of the best in the game. ran another 180m on weekend. We are low on stock in the front row as it is and props are demanding massive dollars at the moment, look at paulo and boyd earning 700-800k and they are crap. Always happens when we lose a few games, i bet we win a couple and the media stop trying to write this nonsense looking to sell headlines.

Would be very surprised if Marty is allowed to leave Also think that any purported salary cap problems for Manly has really been blown out of proportion and misrepresented . Fist point is that the cap has now increased to some 9 . 3 million dollars so even allowing for any 300 k penalty imposed currently or for the next season , this is not going to have that much impact . Also quite a few players to be released after this season or unhelpful extra freight money then eliminated off the cap . Does not look like any big names to be recruited and certainly can not see any accomplished halves on the market right now but still some important re signings ideally to occur soon with existing players off contract . Again based on all available indications and reality , there can not be any serious issues with Manly "s over all ongoing cap situation and where high profile players have to be off loaded [ and offloading D C E right now would just not be viable and for any other club to take on his existing contract , just have to hope that he can get his act together again A S A P]

Well Marty hasnt been playing like his is upset. Been our best forward. (Unless he is playing for a contract).

Is it possible that Gorman denied him a release because the club is confident of winning the appeal, and therefore will sort his payments out (assuming this is all true).

Again, this could just be media BS as we are mid week.

Ah, the old Taupau wants out story that he has knocked on the head many times

If a guy was fuming and wanted out, would he be putting in the effort he has been lately, and also stating he doesn't want to represent his country so he can help that club ? Must be serious though if his team mates are ringing the mole to let him know

Must be due for the follow up "Walker wants out" yarn we've been hearing for 18 months now

I think our media, marketing and fan engagement has improved this season. However, 'spin' won't paper over real cracks which are caused by below par performances on the field.
I think that Cousins and Gorman have a very difficult job. How can you sugar-coat continual failure by players?
I wouldn't be worrying about this marketing-related aspect. The only solution is to start winning matches. That comes down to the players. Performance is what really matters.

With the Sea Eagles in disarray after being caught cheating the salary cap, the club has told its squad that it will consider requests for a release from players to lower its wage bill.
I was under the impression that we were salary cap complaint this both year and next year, with nothing to worry about after the number of players we have already and will continue to release before the start of next season. I'm pretty sure that a large number of players had their incomes dramatically reduced by the investigation into player TPA's at Manly but there is now nothing the club can do to assist players to recover these losses, so it looks like if any of these rumors are true we are pretty well screwed.
If the NRL had done a full audit of TPA's across all clubs (like it should have) I have no doubt that the player's association would be up in arms right now with players losing money as a result of the NRL suddenly enforcing rules differently than it had in the past. But instead it's the mismanagement/cheating of Manly @:mad:

I agree with everything said . . .
and yet we turn around and beat two of the best-resourced clubs in the NRL - Brisbane and Melbourne!
How can our performances differ so much so quickly?
I don't know if we use a psychologist but I'd be sacking our fitness coach who has presided over a staggering injury toll and utilise his salary to pay for a shrink!
Even if our bodies are weak we should have strong minds.

View attachment 8634 Is it just me who finds this stuff poor form after the rubbish the side dished out on Saturday.
I agree it just doesn't fit at present.
But as @The Who says they are doing their job as best they can.
What DOES p*ss me off is, after a loss, in our case numerous losses, is players cheerfully tweeting and liking tweets from players from other clubs, and carrying on as if they are on top of the game.
Stfu till you start winning.
I don't want to hear a peep out of them till then.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8