Cronulla Fans post game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was the guy yelling to T-Rex to get involved!! Funny that lots of people were agreeing and shouting with me, very funny night, guys jumping all over you when we won was great, Theo was loving that lol

Isn't the Northern end of Shark Park the alcohol free zone?

Lucky the pissheads are a bit better behaved than the frustrated soberies. Causing fights & punching two hats. What a disgrace these people are. If they can't get drunk & have a good time like the rest of us, they should be locked up with their sobriety.

The thing that differentiates us from animals is our ability to brew a tasty beverage. I have no time for these sober clowns who act like animals.

What a finish. Shark Park is only good if you're down the SE Corner with the other die-hards. Lots of singing, good cheer and humor. And the last second win, better than sex.

They need someone else to wave their fingers at now Covell has moved on.

jabroni said:
I was standing right behind that bald guy. What a clown. Bang your drum...it was being banged alright. Top night. I wish I'd introduced myself to a few people on here. My mrs won't come to many matches and had to be bribed with a dinner to come to this one.

Jabroni...you should go up to the people with the banners (such as the Push it up Manly one), introduce yourself and become involved with the MWTS group...for a start it's safety in numbers and the games are far more enjoyable when you are with your own fans.

For the life of me (and each to their own I know that) it beats me why people go to games, sit by themselves, usually amongst a bunch of other host club supporters (who would give them hell all night).

I see then in their hundreds when the boys play up here, there's like 500 of us in one spot making a lot of noise and then you see the odd Manly jerseys here and there....I don;t comprehend this I must say!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
jabroni said:
I was standing right behind that bald guy. What a clown. Bang your drum...it was being banged alright. Top night. I wish I'd introduced myself to a few people on here. My mrs won't come to many matches and had to be bribed with a dinner to come to this one.

Jabroni...you should go up to the people with the banners (such as the Push it up Manly one), introduce yourself and become involved with the MWTS group...for a start it's safety in numbers and the games are far more enjoyable when you are with your own fans.

For the life of me (and each to their own I know that) it beats me why people go to games, sit by themselves, usually amongst a bunch of other host club supporters (who would give them hell all night).

I see then in their hundreds when the boys play up here, there's like 500 of us in one spot making a lot of noise and then you see the odd Manly jerseys here and there....I don;t comprehend this I must say!!

I usually go with My Dad who is in his mist 60's and not really wanting to stand for a full game. i am usually also accompanied by at least 1 niece and nephew, so sitting on the benches or the family hill is the best option

Mark's right, sit with the crowd and have a great time. I've just joined the MWTS group and it's great. It's crap sitting alone amongst the opposition. Get near the drum. And for those older fans, there's always plenty of grass to sit on. Standing, beer in hand, singing the songs, it's the way to go. It was pure madness when Oldfield scored.

Dan - he was referring to the away games rather than the home games.

Jono has the drum so find him and you will find most of the MWTS from there at the away games. Vid is the grey scouse one.

And you'd see me in Queensland, I am the handsome dude on the left...although that's a flattering photo of me, I am much balder and far more uglier than that!!

DSM is right, and that's what we have been trying to push for yonks with the MWTS, you just have a better time when you go to away games with them...they are bloody lunatics...drums, banners and lots of singing.

Oh and DSM, I can only imagine how nuts it would have been.... VERY jealous indeed!!

What sort of mug goes to the footy and lines up for 83mins for a bloody pie

Can't be too hard on the Sharkies on the presentation of the trophy though, they aren't often involved in trophy presentations so the protocols wouldn't be too well known

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Shark shame as night turns sour

Dean Ritchie From: The Daily Telegraph April 11, 2011
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/shark-shame-as-night-turns-ugly/story-e6frexnr-1226036892292

CRONULLA have been accused of disrespecting the club's greatest player, Steve Rogers, after Saturday night's last-second 19-13 loss to Manly at Toyota Stadium.

Sharks officials were yesterday having to answer heavy criticism about a disastrous night that included:

* SHARKS players walking off the field before the Steve Rogers Shield was presented;

* FANS queuing up for more than hour to buy food;

* FANS being told caterers Red Rooster had run out of pies, hamburgers and chips.

* A FIGHT on the northern hill in which a police officer was injured; and

* LONG queues in the club after a fire in the kitchen.

The Steve Rogers Shield is a perpetual trophy that Cronulla and Manly play for in honour of the Sharks' finest player.

Rogers' son, Don, waited on the field to present the shield to Manly captain Jamie Lyon but Cronulla were already in their dressing room.

"It wasn't bad sportsmanship but we admit that the communication breakdown was poor," Sharks chairman Damian Irvine said. "It wasn't the players' fault.

"By the time they found out and wanted to come back out, it was too late. It was a bad look but it wasn't malicious.

"I was a good friend of Steve and there was no disrespect intended."

A Cronulla fan contacted The Daily Telegraph to say: "I couldn't believe how they could disrespect such a legend."

Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan took the blame, saying: "My rookie mistake there. By the time I got down from the sheds, the presentation was done. I take responsibility."The poor catering meant one fan spent 83 minutes in a line trying to buy food.

"I took my six-year-old to his first game at Shark Park - it will be his last too," he said.

Irvine said the queues started when a catering truck needed to be repaired.

The fight prompted a fan's email that said: "Warning: Stay away from Shark Park."

"A police officer was injured and that was unacceptable," Irvine said.

I left Collaroy 2 1/2 hours before the game in order to get to the ground & feed the kids before the start of the match.

We were parked stationary in traffic for over half an hour trying to get the last 1/2 km into parking. Got to the point we were going to miss the start of the match so I parked up on a grass verge well off the road.
Got back & had a perking ticket. 85 bucks. OK my fault but if the people collecting fines had been directing traffic then perhaps we could have made it into the car park in time for the game.

Good half an hour queue for one beer. Gave up on food - so did my kids.
We got KFC when we got back to the north shore.

Fking expensive night out with **** facilities - piss poor organisation & shocking catering & facilities.

You want families to go to the footy then this crap has to be fixed up.

I was standIng next a guy with a spray jacket, and I think his family. He had a back pack and a manly drink bottle in there. I was probably about 5 people left of the drummer. I was the guy with a beard and a white pioneer manly jumper. Mrs had a red cardigan and a manly scarf. I think I might start coming to the games and hanging out with the mwts. That was great on Saturday night.

As many of you will know I normally hang with the mwts at away games, for anyone who sits in different areas I strongly recommend coming and joining us.

And yes Mark it did get extremely mental at the end of the game, but god it was good.

Whilst walking out of the ground I was given a big push in the back and told to "get out of my effing way you Manly scum". Turned around to say what was the problem and he shapes up to me, simply told him to grow up and walked away. Like everyone else itvwas impossible to get something as simple as a bottle of water and just to make my night at Shark Park complete I picked up an $86 parking fine for parking on a grass verge outside the Toyota factory. Brookie may not be the best ground in the NRL but Shark Park is worse than Brookie and sadly that takes some doing.

It was mental enough at home watching. Not sure what the neighbours think.

Would have been great at the game.

Can't stand the Shire or Shark park. Went there once many years ago and vowed never will i go back, and i never have.

Corso_Pete said:
Whilst walking out of the ground I was given a big push in the back and told to "get out of my effing way you Manly scum". Turned around to say what was the problem and he shapes up to me, simply told him to grow up and walked away. Like everyone else itvwas impossible to get something as simple as a bottle of water and just to make my night at Shark Park complete I picked up an $86 parking fine for parking on a grass verge outside the Toyota factory. Brookie may not be the best ground in the NRL but Shark Park is worse than Brookie and sadly that takes some doing.

Pete, that was an echo of my night except no one hassled me. I applaud your self control - if it had been me in my mood I would have lost the plot.

How hard can it be - feed the crowd, take their money & keep them happy.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4