• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I thought 13+ was pretty shiithouse, considering Stewies return and playing the leading team in the comp. I saw it was a bit rainy and that, but geez....i thought there'd be more? ???

Wha? the crowd @ Brookie today vs the Knights? Looked like over 19,000, and it looked like a FANTASTIC atmosphere!
Anyone got the official number? Didn't see it on the channel 9 broadcast.

13k for a Sunday match, another loss for the club in dollars I'd say (thousands of freebie kids as well) . Many fans would have said no because rain makes Brookie a bogholeand paying 25 bucks just to get in to sit in slush isn't most people's idea of fun.

C'mon Libs, give us a ground that isn't ancient and up to 21st century standards. Joey said on Nine today that Brookie is always boggy with abit of rain. Not a great look for national appeal. 

I was there behind the southern posts. Seriously, 13,500 was about right. I was guessing maximum 15,000. The atmosphere in the first half was far superior to the second half. It took an incident early in the game to get the crowd involved. And then the first twenty minutes of the stop-start-undisciplined-play of the second half killed the spirit of the crowd. It didn't really ever come alive in the second half.

I was there on the 50 metre line. Atmosphere at Brookie has become a Morgue. As said above.. it needs something to happen for the crowd to cheer.. but even then no chants or anything today.. pretty poor.

Darren link said:
13k for a Sunday match, another loss for the club in dollars I'd say (thousands of freebie kids as well) . Many fans would have said no because rain makes Brookie a bogholeand paying 25 bucks just to get in to sit in slush isn't most people's idea of fun.

C'mon Libs, give us a ground that isn't ancient and up to 21st century standards. Joey said on Nine today that Brookie is always boggy with abit of rain. Not a great look for national appeal. 

Don't those freebie kids have to be accompanied by a paying adult?

I think Joey might have been talking about the playing field, not the spectator areas.

Do you ever see anything as postive, or are you just a pessimistic person in general?

Darren link said:

Absolutly!

Give us something like the SFS where they managed a much bigger crowd in the rain last week of 11K

just got back from the game and 13,500 was very ordinary....this clubs supporters can no longer use weather as an excuse, the sharks had 11k on a wet monday night!! and the Jane Try stand was making more noise than the hill today, WTF?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=187126.msg327491#msg327491 date=1301213532]
The weather would have put off 3k to 4k

Weak

I disagree, not all fans are diehards

Darren link said:
time 4 libs to part with some big dough, north shore has stuck by them,

I've got an E-mail somewhere from Barry O'Farrell from 2 years ago, where he suggested to me me how outragious it was that Brookie was in the state it is.

I should send it to him, and suggest that now that he's in a position to do something about it, I'd love to see him show it tangibly. 

find it and post it here Ryan, send it to Zorb as well, looks at Saints and its nearly criminal!! 50 odd million on Dragons and did you know the 25% owner Bruce Gordon owns WIN TV and is rumoured to have 1 billion in his kitty. And he doesn't put in a cent for 2 grandstands and refurbishments.

Down here in Gong the grandstand has literally shut off the road near the Steelers club and is going to be gigantic (for 3 games a year)  We run around in an antique, right its Liberal, let's call in the favours!! Cmon Abbott and O'Farrell

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6