• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
KaZa link said:
I was there on the 50 metre line. Atmosphere at Brookie has become a Morgue. As said above.. it needs something to happen for the crowd to cheer.. but even then no chants or anything today.. pretty poor.

Ought to move next to the beer stall at the half way line, it was quite lively there, its my favorite spot on the hill actually near the Push it Up Manly Sign. From my position it was quite lively, I thought the other fans were quite happy to be back at Brookie and to see the Snake come back. Also I loved the "Footy by Day, Drugs by Knight, Say no to Newcastle" sign. Applause to the ones who made it!

KaZa link said:
I was there on the 50 metre line. Atmosphere at Brookie has become a Morgue. As said above.. it needs something to happen for the crowd to cheer.. but even then no chants or anything today.. pretty poor.

The boys around the beer shed on the hill were their noisy best.I was there until 1/2 time,then took daughter to the family hill (closer to the food and drinks).From there you can't hear the "hill boys" that well.Family hill was one of the dead spots.

No doubt the weather put a few thousand off and the atmosphere was a bit subdued, perhaps because they were winning comfortably. It didn't bother to me, I was just happy to be back at Brookie and see them win. Anyway a few less people means more space to sit down and shorter queues.

Garts link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=187126.msg327685#msg327685 date=1301220738]
[quote author=Garts link=topic=187126.msg327491#msg327491 date=1301213532]
The weather would have put off 3k to 4k

Weak

I disagree, not all fans are diehards
[/quote]

Some of the fanbase is old timers,watch
out for pneumonia

On TV the crowd looked much bigger, but at the game live 13k looked spot on. The Hill was full, but not as tightly packed than the games where we've had 18k +

Plus the Arko / Southern stand / Family hill were nowhere near full, which you can't really see on TV.

Agree Kaza - Wasn't much atmosphere yesterday.. Was pretty bizzare.

The atmosphere was fine where I was standing. No complaints. It wasn't tense and loud like it is sometimes, rather it was more social, with people enjoying each others company for the first time in the year.

I wouldn't worry, the people around me were up for a few good chants, and will fire up at the first sign of needing to lift the players.

I was concerned about alot of people on the beer hill they seem to like party drugs because the kept asking and asking for Danny wicks to give them a pinga ;)

Great chant that one

I always sit on the Hill and it wasn't crowded yesterday. 13,000 was right. I can't believe people are suggesting 19,000!
There were empty seats in the Ken Arthurson Stand. How can this happen, especially on Snake's return.
The atmosphere was a little tame. I'm sure if Goldi was back behind the mike the crowd would fire up.
I tire of the announcements about players being sponsored by so-and-so.

Barry Hyland link said:

Don't they go on for ages these days! Although I do smirk to myelf when they announce the match day sponsors for Tooves and Crusher.

Bradza link said:
[quote author=Barry Hyland link=topic=187126.msg327941#msg327941 date=1301275447]

Don't they go on for ages these days! Although I do smirk to myelf when they announce the match day sponsors for Tooves and Crusher.
[/quote]

Crusher: is he sponsored by Pantene to keep his beard looking so well groomed?

Having been to plenty of games I can tell you that what I saw on the telly yesterday didn't look like a crowd of more than 14,000. Those of you who are saying 17-19K have no idea.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2