Crowd.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Next he will be comparing our crowds against a Bledisloe cup match, I worry about the future of our country if this numb nuts is teaching our kids!

It was a lovely crowd, let's face it. Great feel. The sfs would have been a wasteland today with 12k.

seaeagles4life said:
i could count the raiders fans with 2 hands, could probably fit another 1.5k around the hill another 1.5k in the empty stands and 4k in that construction space.

All the Raiders fans I saw at the game today had two hands. :p

Darren said:
But we would be more popular than Tahs and FC, surely? I do know they are 1 teamers but can't believe there would be more FC fans than Manly fans.
Anyway guys, I'll leave it at that. I remember being a kid mad about going but worry that many this new generation coming through aren't. My feeling is that literally the world's best rugby league team should have more than an average of 14k.

As I said, the games are on TV. Back in your day and mine that was rarely the case. Now you can watch at home.

Peter C said:
The Who said:
Darren said:
Another average crowd watching the premiers on a beautiful sunny day!! I don't get how we can't fill the place!! There was 50k of Manly fans on GF day. Imagine how the crowds will end up when we eventually have a bad year! We have had a great run and we still get crap numbers!!

Wonder what the excuse could be for locals not turning up in force? Surfs up, a little bit windy, $10 steaks at Newport, chance of rain perhaps. Dreadful Manly locals, dreadful!!

There would have only been 100 Faders supporters. The crowd that gets on the hill is almost always impressive. There were plenty of 'expensive' seats in the Ken Arthurson stand. Why is this? Is the view poor? If so, then they should be reduced in price.
But, from many years of experience, I felt 17.000 was in the ground.
Manly has probably the most expensive reserved seating out of all the Sydney teams.
Tickets for the Ken Arthurson stand cost $55 plus costs of around $7 if you use ticketmaster, which take it over $60, and that's for a seat on the goal line, same ticket at Parra stadium cost about $30.

But you are more likely a win hence the cost ;)

I'll never forget Darren Lockyer, one of, if not the games greatest saying on camera that Brookvale Oval was one of the most intimidating venues he had ever experienced.

I personally love the atmosphere and ambience of the place, and I have been on both sides of the fence (fan / opposition fan).

It just has a certain esteem about it. I big FU to those that grace it's shores with evil intent against the maroon and white.

Even in the lean years, as I sat in a circa 2,000 people strong crowd under plastic sheets with my 8 month pregnant wife in the pouring rain. It was against North Queensland, and against all the odds, the pride and strength of the ovals Sea Eagles teams legacies shone through.

I don't know what it is. It's just a FEELING you get when your there supporting our club.

This is our home. To lose it would mean more than just alleviating money concern. It would be like chopping our very proud history away.

Ryan said:
Even in the lean years, as I sat in a circa 2,000 people strong crowd under plastic sheets with my 8 month pregnant wife in the pouring rain. It was against North Queensland, and against all the odds, the pride and strength of the ovals Sea Eagles teams legacies shone through.

Now that was a cracking game to have attended, monsoonal! my clothes were wet for the next 2 weeks

voicefromthehill said:
Ryan said:

Now that was a cracking game to have attended, monsoonal! my clothes were went for the next 2 weeks

It was pretty cool too be honest, eh !! I don't know why, but I will remember that game specifically until the day I die. It was almost as though they were there for US.

Was a great night.

Darren said:
For the premiership winning team chock full of internationals 15k is an average crowd on a warm Sunday arvo on which everyone has been crying out for. It is less than Sydney FC and even the stupid Tahs. AFL draw in massive crowds and you have to wonder why we can't even fill Brookie anymore? Is it prices, venue, transport, value for money or just a poorly supported club?
People on here are getting used to low 10's types crowds as okay but financially they are a killer for the club. With this top class team we are fielding, I don't know what Penn can do?

And no 'wanker' or 'peanut' insult in sight! Go figure...

Did you notice the crowd at the state-of-the-art Sydney Football Ground for Easts V Newcastle? 12,000! And Newcastle supplied a lot more fans than Canberra did.
Just shows you that comfort doesn't necessarioly equal crowd numbers.

The Who said:
Did you notice the crowd at the state-of-the-art Sydney Football Ground for Easts V Newcastle? 12,000! And Newcastle supplied a lot more fans than Canberra did.

I was shocked when I saw these figures. The amount of Newcastle supporters in Sydney warrants much higher numbers. As for the Roosters, their fan numbers seem to drop year after year. Roosters aren't doing badly, and with a few wins under their belt I'm surprised more Easts jerseys aren't getting dusted off and heading to the game.

Vargs said:
The Who said:

I was shocked when I saw these figures. The amount of Newcastle supporters in Sydney warrants much higher numbers. As for the Roosters, their fan numbers seem to drop year after year. Roosters aren't doing badly, and with a few wins under their belt I'm surprised more Easts jerseys aren't getting dusted off and heading to the game.

I too am shocked. I call for all games to be played at local grounds where average locals can easily attend. Did you see that manly for example had over 15000 at their game that same day? At a suburban ground with below average facilities? Wow!

Darren said:
For the premiership winning team chock full of internationals 15k is an average crowd on a warm Sunday arvo on which everyone has been crying out for. It is less than Sydney FC and even the stupid Tahs. AFL draw in massive crowds and you have to wonder why we can't even fill Brookie anymore? Is it prices, venue, transport, value for money or just a poorly supported club?
People on here are getting used to low 10's types crowds as okay but financially they are a killer for the club. With this top class team we are fielding, I don't know what Penn can do?

The place is a cow paddock minus the s#$t, I walked through the ground last week and was embarassed to see our corporates sitting in the same areas as the general public, difference being some tarp sectioning off the area... a bloody disgrace. This Penn cant fix. He has put a fortune in to this club and we should be grateful. You dont live on the beaches and the cost of living here is bull sh&%. Pull ya head in clown!!!

40NIL said:
Darren said:

The place is a cow paddock minus the s#$t, I walked through the ground last week and was embarassed to see our corporates sitting in the same areas as the general public, difference being some tarp sectioning off the area... a bloody disgrace. This Penn cant fix. He has put a fortune in to this club and we should be grateful. You dont live on the beaches and the cost of living here is bull sh&%. Pull ya head in clown!!!

Brookvale is a ****ing football ground. That's what they are like.

If you've ever been to gosford or parra you know what a ****hole is.

Brookie and Leichhardt just need some more corporate areas to suck in the cash. Supporters are human beings and can't be coralled into little aisles & plastic seats awaiting their final humilliation as you get at parra, gosford, homebush, sfs etc.

( except for away supporters that is, they're rabid animals and must be treated as such. Scum that they are.)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8